Phantom 820, 4770k, Duel 780's Fully Watercooled

SimonM95

Update #4 - Motherboard Ordered & GPU Waterblock Picture

So its been a while but I finally have an update. I have ordered the motherboard (Finally!) and it should be here sometime next week. Also got the GPU waterblocks a while ago so thought Id post a picture. As soon as I get the motherboard this will finally get built! :D

08070809_zps3862a0ba.jpg

(Build Log) CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengence Pro Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 x2 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 2x 2TB Hard Drive in Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitors: Asus PB278Q & Samsung FX2490HD Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G700

Hurray! Can't wait!

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Really nice !

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

POST MOAR PICS BRAH

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Mine cost £2692.32 (4,090.93 USD, 3,119.17 EUR) That includes shipping costs. Still have to buy the motherboard and dont know how much it will cost.

I bought from 4 different online stores. Scan.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk, Dabs.com, shop.xs-pc.com

Dabs just got the Formula on the site a day ago contact them and they should be able to order it

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Dabs just got the Formula on the site a day ago contact them and they should be able to order it

Ive already ordered it :)

(Build Log) CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz RAM: 16GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengence Pro Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 x2 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 2x 2TB Hard Drive in Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitors: Asus PB278Q & Samsung FX2490HD Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G700

Update #5 - Motherboard Finally Arrived!

08130813_zps3c62dfc9.jpg

08130814_zps5efdbbed.jpg

Will update this post later with more pictures and progress!

08130817_zps136eb240.jpg
08130816_zps87e3a5c0.jpg

Got it all on the test bench. The reason ive got a fan on top of the cpu cooler is the Stock cooler fan is broken :( Anyway atleast ill be able to check everything this way! More updates to come

I put the motherboard into the case to check clearance with the radiator and as I thought I will have to mount the fans above it. Also checked roughly how ill do my tubing runs so im going to order some 45 and 90 degree fittings. Other than that im about to put it back together and run it for 12 hours or so to make sure its all working ok!

08130818_zps5985a5b1.jpg

08130820_zpsb4a59a22.jpg

First off for M-ursu.....those are 60mm rads.

Nice choice overall............................but..................

Not sure I'm crazy about the case choice........

and with the money spent to this point........

I would have went with all NF-F12's

Titan water blocks fit the 780's??

I sure hope so........that would suck.

So many damn dots... like morse code!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Personally I like the case thats why I chose it and it has enought space for what I wanted. I thought about getting a 900D but its just too big. I got these fans because I like how they look, they match the build and they perform well.

Titan water blocks fit the 780's??

I sure hope so........that would suck.

I obviously checked that before I got them...........................

The CrossChill is made of aluminium. Do be careful of galvanic corrosion. Asus didn't really notify us on their part.

Ye I know still undecided if im actually going to watercool it or not :/

The CrossChill is made of aluminium. Do be careful of galvanic corrosion. Asus didn't really notify us on their part.

I don't think that corrosion will be an issue as its an even bigger improvement on the Maximus V Formula, which didn't have any issues, apart from barbs. I don't even think it has aluminium in it, at least not in direct contact with the coolant. Asus has made that mistake before.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I don't think that corrosion will be an issue as its an even bigger improvement on the Maximus V Formula, which didn't have any issues, apart from barbs. I don't even think it has aluminium in it, at least not in direct contact with the coolant. Asus has made that mistake before.

Capture_zps37c123f1.png

Decided to go see if I could find some more information on it and found this comment. Its given me a bit more confidence in it. Still not too sure though

Capture_zps37c123f1.png

Decided to go see if I could find some more information on it and found this comment. Its given me a bit more confidence in it. Still not too sure though

Well said JJ. I'd trust it.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I like how you put a af fan on top of the stock cooler lol :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

The choice of case depends a lot on opinion, the Phantom 820 is definitely not what I would have chosen based on looks but it is a good quality case. As for NF-F12s, they're ugly, especially with a black and red build.

The choice of case depends a lot on opinion, the Phantom 820 is definitely not what I would have chosen based on looks but it is a good quality case. As for NF-F12s, they're ugly, especially with a black and red build.

In my experience, they are ugly, but it's like riding a Harley through town. They're loud, but people know why it's loud.

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

In my experience, they are ugly, but it's like riding a Harley through town. They're loud, but people know why it's loud.

It's not worth how ugly they are IMO and it seems OP agrees with me. The Corsair SP fans are almost as good and look way better. I'm not saying using NF F12s is a bad choice, it just depends on whether you want just quiet performance or a balance of quiet performance and looks.

I'm looking at it from strictly performance. And the way I would mount the fans, you wouldn't see them any way in all their uglyness.

So many damn dots... like morse code!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..........Thanks  :)

..........Thanks  :)

Needs a few dashes :p