GTX 970 Owners Club

is it a hynix or samsung card

Idk....

It's an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

EDIT:

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/MSI-GeForce-GTX-970-Gaming-4-GB-PCB.png

Looks like i'm Samsung :D

Idk....

It's an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

EDIT:

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/MSI-GeForce-GTX-970-Gaming-4-GB-PCB.png

Looks like i'm Samsung :D

no check in GPU-z also its only a G1 Gaming Bios. you need to copy paste the settings in the g1 gaming bios to your msi bios

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

no check in GPU-z also its only a G1 Gaming Bios. you need to copy paste the settings in the g1 gaming bios to your msi bios

Plz explainz for a noob, I will check GPU-Z now :)

Shit, i'm Hynix :'(

Can I still use this BIOS to get 1600mhz on core clock? I don't care much for memory clock.

Plz explainz for a noob, I will check GPU-Z now :)

Shit, i'm Hynix :'(

Can I still use this BIOS to get 1600mhz on core clock? I don't care much for memory clock.

if you use it it'll kill your card.

So I am stuck with my speeds? :(

send me your bios, save it in GPU-z

send me your bios, save it in GPU-z

https://www.mediafire.com/?db8eo3iv0evr9uz

I am not sure if these are 100% stable but I am pretty sure they are as I am still kind of fine tuning.

https://www.mediafire.com/?db8eo3iv0evr9uz

I am not sure if these are 100% stable but I am pretty sure they are as I am still kind of fine tuning.

here, set your voltage to +0 in msi afterburner or it'll act weird.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZc1I5Z2V6RWY0TGs/view?usp=sharing

So what does this do? :D

@Gofspar

its just a voltage boost to allow more OCing

its just a voltage boost to allow more OCing

oooo so what should I try now? Should I bump my 172+ to 200+ or how far do you think I can take it?

Edit: also was it meant to be a windows diagnostic thing?

So, I finally tested my strix 970 on Elder Scrolls Online.

I was surprised, I turned everything up as high as it could possibly go, and the most I've seen my GPU usage get up to, is about 39%. Whereas I always felt like my GTX 660 was struggling to run it at ultra.

Although I am slightly disappointed, it doesn't look as good as I thought it would, perhaps I am too used to modded to hell Skyrim. I have noticed that sometimes the textures on NPC's aren't fully loaded when up close, it's as if the textures you would see at a distance are loaded, and I have to wait a second or two for the close up textures to load.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yay i just dowloaded gpu-z and it turns out i have the blessed Samsung memory !!!! :) 

oooo so what should I try now? Should I bump my 172+ to 200+ or how far do you think I can take it?

Edit: also was it meant to be a windows diagnostic thing?

lol on stock volts on my asus strix im running +217 on the core and +790 on the memory.. did you say you had the msi or the gigabyte ? 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

yay i just dowloaded gpu-z and it turns out i have the blessed Samsung memory !!!! :)

lol on stock volts on my asus strix im running +217 on the core and +790 on the memory.. did you say you had the msi or the gigabyte ? 

what is that affective in GPU-Z?

here, set your voltage to +0 in msi afterburner or it'll act weird.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bWPCis6PSZc1I5Z2V6RWY0TGs/view?usp=sharing

Can I also use this to for my GTX 970 G1 gaming (with Hynix memory)? Will it help me to obtain higher clocks with low voltages?

This is my overlock: http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/francine_franz_bucket/d7cb67d1-e057-44be-920a-d7294789be2a_zpsx9jp6jzk.jpg

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Hey guys. I'm kinda new here. Seeing as you all have GTX 970s I'm guessing some of you will have answers for me. 

So i have a Strix GTX 970 OC edition 4gb that i bought 1 week ago with the rest of the parts for my very first build. I've been in love with it since. Gaming a lot now. BUT, today i started gaming on Dying Light, to realize that there was some drops in fps that weren't there a day ago. I use the optimal settings features by Geforce Experience which haven't failed me before. Like 2 days ago I was playing The Witcher 2 maxed out with no frame drops what so ever. Also for Crysis 2 and Dying Light.

I hope you guys can help me figure whats wrong. Even if its not related to my gpu, i would appreciate your inputs. Thanks 

I noticed that it has a 6pin and an 8pin power connector, do I have to use both or just one of them?

Both of them.

if you use it it'll kill your card.

I used the stock voltage bios just to increase my TDP and no-fan mode, as well as anti-throttle on my Hynix G1.  I haven't killed my card yet, so should I assume I'm good, and I won't kill my card unless I try to kill the card with tons of overvolting and memory hijinks?

I used the stock voltage bios just to increase my TDP and no-fan mode, as well as anti-throttle on my Hynix G1.  I haven't killed my card yet, so should I assume I'm good, and I won't kill my card unless I try to kill the card with tons of overvolting and memory hijinks?

G1 cards are very strong, you can run 1.3v 24/7. Did you copy the settings into your bios or did you flash mine, because the Hynix and Samsung is completely different under the hood bios wise.

G1 cards are very strong, you can run 1.3v 24/7. Did you copy the settings into your bios or did you flash mine, because the Hynix and Samsung is completely different under the hood bios wise.

I flashed yours, however I wasn't stupid, and have a backup of the original Bios saved.

I flashed yours, however I wasn't stupid, and have a backup of the original Bios saved.

not good at all dude, you need to copy the data from my bios into your bios. behind the scenes the bios is paging memory differently which in the end will lead to a fucked card, send me your bios and ill make a Hynix version for ALL of my bios

not good at all dude, you need to copy the data from my bios into your bios. behind the scenes the bios is paging memory differently which in the end will lead to a fucked card, send me your bios and ill make a Hynix version for ALL of my bios

Sent, hopefully it's good, going to reflash back to normal then.

Okay, everything flashed back to normal.  Thankfully, I wasn't doing many games on the card recently, so I don't believe I have done any permanent damage.

Alright guys just updated with Hynix G1 Gaming bios, remember guys if you PM me your stock bios i'll add more cards to the custom bios list

Alright guys just updated with Hynix G1 Gaming bios, remember guys if you PM me your stock bios i'll add more cards to the custom bios list

So how dead you think my card might be?

Hey guys. I'm kinda new here. Seeing as you all have GTX 970s I'm guessing some of you will have answers for me. 

So i have a Strix GTX 970 OC edition 4gb that i bought 1 week ago with the rest of the parts for my very first build. I've been in love with it since. Gaming a lot now. BUT, today i started gaming on Dying Light, to realize that there was some drops in fps that weren't there a day ago. I use the optimal settings features by Geforce Experience which haven't failed me before. Like 2 days ago I was playing The Witcher 2 maxed out with no frame drops what so ever. Also for Crysis 2 and Dying Light.

I hope you guys can help me figure whats wrong. Even if its not related to my gpu, i would appreciate your inputs. Thanks 

Dying Light is incredibly demanding, even on a 970.

Dying Light is incredibly demanding, even on a 970.

I might use it as a stress tester if that's the case.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL