Eidos + AMD to show off TressFX 3.0 in new Deus Ex engine

Ya TressFX has been great so far.......................

It was very nice in Tomb Raider. As someone else stated, you watch her back throughout the entire game, so the hair is really a large part of her looks. And as AMD has released the scource code to Nvidia, TressFX run equally well on both brands.

Please.

GameWorks does not cripple performance for anyone. You're basing this shit off of Ubisoft's lackluster ports. The performance has been bad for everyone because of how shitty the ports were made - has nothing to do with GameWorks.

Facts disagree with you:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd/2

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137965-developers-publicly-criticze-nvidias-gameworks-program-on-twitter-for-its-blackbox-nature/

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

performance for amd cards was significantly worse by like 15-25 fps

59270.png

Oh no. A game with PhysX that a 290x beats every (currently released at the time, so minus the 780 ti) Kepler card in. 

Lets look at a game that isn't catered to either brand.

59273.png

The 290x comes out on top of every Kepler card, again. What's going on here? Maybe AMD went after these companies and got them to lock down their optimizations for those games to be catered to AMD? No? The 290x is just a good performing card for that generation?

Lets look at a more recent title with the new Maxwell cards.

67720.png

What the fuck? Isn't the Frostbite engine supposed to love AMD cards? Why is Nvidia coming out on top? It's totally not because the cards perform better, naw. Can't be that.

Lets look at another title.

67724.png

Well shit, a Gaming Evolved title and the 980 is spanking the 290x. Even the 780 is keeping up. Wonder why that is? Certainly not because Nvidia is the top performer. Clearly it's because AMD's Gaming Evolved titles somehow run better on Nvidia cards.

One last title, Ass Creed: Unity

69434.png

Well I'll be damned. It looks like the same performance comparison from a couple of previous titles, with the 290x trailing behind the 980, hanging with the 780. Who would have thought? A GAMEWORKS title and the 290x is keeping up with a 780.

Maybe it all has to do with how much raw performance the cards have, coupled with driver support?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it depends on how much of the game is made with gameworks effects. look at AC unity the r9 290x is suppose to be faster than the 780 and close to 780 ti and the 980 is suppose to be much faster than r9 290x

it depends on how much of the game is made with gameworks effects. look at AC unity the r9 290x is suppose to be faster than the 780 and close to 780 ti and the 980 is suppose to be much faster than r9 290x

The scaling is still the same across the board, regardless. The 290x and 780 always traded blows for the most part, and the 980 always came out on top in every benchmark.

And if the 290x is supposed to be better than the 780, why is Crysis 3, a Gaming Evolved game not showing that?

The scaling is still the same across the board, regardless. The 290x and 780 always traded blows for the most part, and the 980 always came out on top in every benchmark.

And if the 290x is supposed to be better than the 780, why is Crysis 3, a Gaming Evolved game not showing that?

watch dogs medium fxaa

wtf is this the gtx 770 beating the r9 290x

full watch dogs bench

the r9 290x is suppose to be completely destroying the 770 but it is pretty even

snippity snippity snip

Now for once and all can we please put this gameworks BS to bed.  Really the only people who think it is a thing are conspiracy theorists and AMD fanboys.  

No one else cares, nor can see the correlation between gamesworks and nvidia cards performing better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

wtf is this the gtx 770 beating the r9 290x

the r9 290x is suppose to be completely destroying the 770 but it is pretty even

Funny that you picked out the one benchmark in Google Images from Forbes that shows a 290x being beaten by a 770 while ignoring the other ones.

I can do that too:

3DM.png

Funny that you picked out the one benchmark in Google Images from Forbes that shows a 290x being beaten by a 770 while ignoring the other ones.

I can do that too:

well in higher resolutions of course the 512bit memory bus starts kicking in

well in higher resolutions of course the 512bit memory bus starts kicking in

I was being sarcastic. :P The benchmark is probably right, but I just picked a random one that would match my narrative.

In my other post with all of the benchmarks, I used Anandtech as my source and nothing else, not searching Google Images for potentially biased and bogus results.

I was being sarcastic. :P The benchmark is probably right, but I just picked a random one that would match my narrative.

In my other post with all of the benchmarks, I used Anandtech as my source and nothing else, not searching Google Images for potentially biased and bogus results.

fine tomshardware

fine if you dont trust my source heres one from tomshardware and if you estimate between the 760 and the 780 ti the 770 would be very close to the r9 290x also and the 780 ti isnt supposed to have that much of a lead

fine if you dont trust my source heres one from tomshardware and if you estimate between the 760 and the 780 ti the 770 would be very close to the r9 290x also and the 780 ti isnt supposed to have that much of a lead

Well I know for a fact that a single 770 will not get anywhere near 60 fps on average. I have two of them in SLI and I still struggle to keep above 40+ fps (which is what I consider smooth).

I don't know what method they used, so I don't think that benchmark should be taken as a 100% baseline. Since Anandtech posts benchmarks and includes the 770, I can actually believe their benchmarks since I have a 770 and can compare.