Beats Solo By Dr Dre Review

pewpewmerica

Does anyone else find them to be ugly?

YES.... I don't know why :S just don't like the look of them! Other people may like them though...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

YES.... I don't know why :S just don't like the look of them! Other people may like them though...

They look cheap. Sorta like wimpy dollar store headphones!

*mind = blown*

They look cheap. Sorta like wimpy dollar store headphones!

*mind = blown*

XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

errr, off topic?

We are straying away from how much beats suck.

Beats Headphones are a gimmick. Its marketing genius. They take random walmart-grade headphones, turn up the bass, and suddenly it sounds like magic. Magic that cost $200 more than it is worth. You can take any old headphones from any store, use them on any PC with a sound solution from the past 5 years and they will sound 2x better than Beats. 

Beats are for kids just discovering over-ear headphones and they feel like this is something new. I try to explain that over-ear headphones are older than earbuds to people at my school all the time and they look at me like I have two heads. 

Beats. Are. A. Waste. 

Have you seen Monster's HDMI cables? They're just as bad, the whole company is amazing at this.

Have you seen Monster's HDMI cables? They're just as bad, the whole company is amazing at this.

What you mean diamond tip HDMI cables? you mean that doesn't give me the last drop of performance I was craving?

lol, I feel sorry for people who fall for marketing schemes. 

I'm a big fan of both EDM and Hip Hop and I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Beats sound. I feel like my ears are bleeding. (By the way, I'm a Dj so I am used to have loud sounds in my ears for hours) The only ones that may be okay for sound are the Mixr's, they are still overpriced for what you get though.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

my brother has solo's, and reviews say they have a metal band on top, my bro's rubber piece from the top came off and wala, no metal band..

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

The only thing beats ever had going for them was great marketing im a bit of an audiophile so i have around 30-40 headphones ranging from koss porta pros too Sennheiser HD 650 . I know a lot of people don't really care that much about sound quality or know how to tell if a set of headphones are really good or not. Often the easyest way to tell headphones apart is to try and pick up individual sounds drums/guitar/keyboard or try and pick out individual vocalists you just cant do this with beats they are horribly unbalanced the bass and lower tones are far to heavy and overpower the mids and high tones to almost ridicules levels . If you want headphones with great and heavy base get the audio technica ATH-M50s they are what beats pretend to be but MUCH better . Or if you are after something a little more portable i would highly recommend the AKG-450s they are fantastic all around headphones after you burn them in for a few hours

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Clearly you haven't tried them.  :lol:

I've had TWO Razer keyboards. Both died in 9 months. Blackwidow Ultimates. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

>Beats

>Good

Choose one.

They look ugly btw.

I wasn't talking to you when I posted that, and even if that did happen I've purchased a Tournament Edition and Ultimate, no problems whatsoever.

Edited by Dave Zember

I doubt that. Keyboards don't die unless you smash them against a table. 

Beats by Eazy E, see what I did there?

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

That's just ... aaaar ... wrong.

Macs are "engineering masterpieces". Don't compare those two brands!

Well engineered, that I'd agree, but 'engineering masterpieces',,,,nope. Anyway hardware maker can make a well engineered  computer, especially when hardware and software is so proprietary.... :rolleyes:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Well engineered, that I'd agree, but 'engineering masterpieces',,,,nope. Anyway hardware maker can make a well engineered  computer, especially when hardware and software is so proprietary.... :rolleyes:

Well, alright ... compared to Beats heaphones they are ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well, alright ... compared to Beats heaphones they are ;)

LOL! :D  Can't argue against that.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I doubt that. Keyboards don't die unless you smash them against a table. 

I take care of my keyboards. Razer has had lots of problems with products in their past. The new 2013 edition I can't say anything about, but their old products were pure crap. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I take care of my keyboards. Razer has had lots of problems with products in their past. The new 2013 edition I can't say anything about, but their old products were pure crap. 

I had the Lycosa which was notorious for its crappy quality. 

I doubt you could break two Blackwidows in a row. 

I had the Lycosa which was notorious for its crappy quality. 

I doubt you could break two Blackwidows in a row. 

Really? 

"I have a BlackWidow Ultimate, mine took a massive dump on me and turned into a paperweight for a while. It is working now after a forced firmware flash, though some of the indicator lights have since stopped working. 

I wouldn't buy another, If I was to replace it, I'd be looking at the Steelseries 6GV2 or one of the CM Storm mechanicals."

"Razer's overall quality control as a company is terrible. I had one of those keyboards for a day until I returned it. The build quality of the keyboard is not the best, but it's acceptable. Razer claims they cherry pick their MX switches but it felt like they cherry picked the bad switches. When I had it, all the switches had a different feel to them and some were even squeaking. I've had other bad experiences with Razer too (mouse). In my opinion Razer had a strong start but as they grew, the QC and CS went downhill. 

There are better alternatives from Das, Leopold, Ducky, WASD keyboards."

"Blackwidow here. Had it since the summer. 

Hate to say it, but its one of the worst purchases I have ever made. Its cheap, very cheap. The gloss body is just stupid and the build quality is creaky....not to mention Im on my 3rd or 4th one already due to broken switches out of the box. 

It is the last razer product Ill buy. It now sits unplugged on my desk as I reverted to my faithful aluminum apple keyboard. I use the blackwidow once every few weeks.

I got the new Corsair mouse and am very impressed so Ill wait until their next bath of keyboards."

"Razer products are all overrated plastic junk, the only reason it's known is because of their massive advertising campaigning."

"Just wanted to let yall know I bought a Razer Black Widow from newegg after less than a month of use the keyboard controller has burnt itself out. Has that poped transister smell. When I plug it into the usb sitck it shorts the power to everything else plugged into it.

Razer Quality Strikes again, heres hoping they come through with the RMA."

"Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share my experience with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate that I bought two weeks ago.

I was curious about mechanical keyboards. One day while at foxcomp picking up other stuff I saw it on special for $150 and had one of those what-the-hell moments and decided to grab it.

At first I thought...interesting, kinda nifty, but just couldn't see the value. And the noise! Much louder than a standard soft touch keyboard.

Most jarring to me were the macro keys, which are placed along the left hand side of the keyboard. Why were they jarring? Because I now realise my fingers position themselves automatically according to the bottom left key, which is expected to be the Ctrl key. But on this keyboard it's a macro key, so for the first week I kept miss-typing and wondering why, then looking down and seeing my hands were positioned incorrectly.

I don't like the font they used for the backlit symbols on the keys themselves – I think it's trying to look edgy and cool but instead looks silly. And then the shift key symbols are non-backlit and etched using a regular keyboard font, so it looks inconsistent.

The back lighting itself is something I played with for the first 5 minutes, then realised that in fact, it's completely lame, and turned it off and forgot about it.

After a week or so passed, and I found my liking of the keyboard had increased somewhat, and I had gotten more accustomed to the layout and noise. The mechanical keyboard did seem a little nicer...but not $150 worth of nice.

Now two weeks later the thing has suddenly died. Just doesn't work anymore for no apparent reason. My overall impression of razer now is that it is gimmicky and ultimately poor quality."

"Has anyone else had any problems with the spacebar on these keyboards?

I am currently up to my third Razer Blackwidow Ultimate this year, and this third one has just failed me.

The fault I am getting is that there are these plastic latches on the metal bar inside the spacebar, and one of the latches comes out of it's socket on the spacebar, and then the spacebar appears lopsided and often gets stuck.

You can fix it up, however it is not easy and it is not a permanent fix – I just spent half an hour fixing this one up only to have it break again after a minute or so.

Only problem is that I bought it from MSY, and on the 8th March, so I am highly doubtful that I will be able to get a DOA replacement/ refund.. Especially as I doubt they will have any more in stock."

These are just a few I hand picked because the users on other forums had a high post count. Just Google Razer Blackwidow dead on Google and this is what you can expect to see.

I have owned the product, you haven't. For the price I would rather get something from a company that really knows what it's doing, like Filco, Ducky, etc....