Beats Solo By Dr Dre Review

pewpewmerica

Acutally, there is 0 hype for beats. It is really the opposite, it have become cool to hate on then. I bet none of you acutally hate beats, you only do so because it is cool and everyone does it.

99.9% of audiophiles would disagree with that statement.

I also had the ''honor'' of trying out the studio headphones. They were very high in bass and not worth the price beats were asking for.

I plan to buy a ATH-M50s and a ModMic at some point in the future. I also tried the ATH-M50s and it blew away the beats, it was no competition.

And it was cheaper! (at least at the store where I tried them.)

Really? 

"I have a BlackWidow Ultimate, mine took a massive dump on me and turned into a paperweight for a while. It is working now after a forced firmware flash, though some of the indicator lights have since stopped working. 

I wouldn't buy another, If I was to replace it, I'd be looking at the Steelseries 6GV2 or one of the CM Storm mechanicals."

"Razer's overall quality control as a company is terrible. I had one of those keyboards for a day until I returned it. The build quality of the keyboard is not the best, but it's acceptable. Razer claims they cherry pick their MX switches but it felt like they cherry picked the bad switches. When I had it, all the switches had a different feel to them and some were even squeaking. I've had other bad experiences with Razer too (mouse). In my opinion Razer had a strong start but as they grew, the QC and CS went downhill. 

There are better alternatives from Das, Leopold, Ducky, WASD keyboards."

"Blackwidow here. Had it since the summer. 

Hate to say it, but its one of the worst purchases I have ever made. Its cheap, very cheap. The gloss body is just stupid and the build quality is creaky....not to mention Im on my 3rd or 4th one already due to broken switches out of the box. 

It is the last razer product Ill buy. It now sits unplugged on my desk as I reverted to my faithful aluminum apple keyboard. I use the blackwidow once every few weeks.

I got the new Corsair mouse and am very impressed so Ill wait until their next bath of keyboards."

"Razer products are all overrated plastic junk, the only reason it's known is because of their massive advertising campaigning."

"Just wanted to let yall know I bought a Razer Black Widow from newegg after less than a month of use the keyboard controller has burnt itself out. Has that poped transister smell. When I plug it into the usb sitck it shorts the power to everything else plugged into it.

Razer Quality Strikes again, heres hoping they come through with the RMA."

"Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share my experience with the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate that I bought two weeks ago.

I was curious about mechanical keyboards. One day while at foxcomp picking up other stuff I saw it on special for $150 and had one of those what-the-hell moments and decided to grab it.

At first I thought...interesting, kinda nifty, but just couldn't see the value. And the noise! Much louder than a standard soft touch keyboard.

Most jarring to me were the macro keys, which are placed along the left hand side of the keyboard. Why were they jarring? Because I now realise my fingers position themselves automatically according to the bottom left key, which is expected to be the Ctrl key. But on this keyboard it's a macro key, so for the first week I kept miss-typing and wondering why, then looking down and seeing my hands were positioned incorrectly.

I don't like the font they used for the backlit symbols on the keys themselves – I think it's trying to look edgy and cool but instead looks silly. And then the shift key symbols are non-backlit and etched using a regular keyboard font, so it looks inconsistent.

The back lighting itself is something I played with for the first 5 minutes, then realised that in fact, it's completely lame, and turned it off and forgot about it.

After a week or so passed, and I found my liking of the keyboard had increased somewhat, and I had gotten more accustomed to the layout and noise. The mechanical keyboard did seem a little nicer...but not $150 worth of nice.

Now two weeks later the thing has suddenly died. Just doesn't work anymore for no apparent reason. My overall impression of razer now is that it is gimmicky and ultimately poor quality."

"Has anyone else had any problems with the spacebar on these keyboards?

I am currently up to my third Razer Blackwidow Ultimate this year, and this third one has just failed me.

The fault I am getting is that there are these plastic latches on the metal bar inside the spacebar, and one of the latches comes out of it's socket on the spacebar, and then the spacebar appears lopsided and often gets stuck.

You can fix it up, however it is not easy and it is not a permanent fix – I just spent half an hour fixing this one up only to have it break again after a minute or so.

Only problem is that I bought it from MSY, and on the 8th March, so I am highly doubtful that I will be able to get a DOA replacement/ refund.. Especially as I doubt they will have any more in stock."

These are just a few I hand picked because the users on other forums had a high post count. Just Google Razer Blackwidow dead on Google and this is what you can expect to see.

I have owned the product, you haven't. For the price I would rather get something from a company that really knows what it's doing, like Filco, Ducky, etc....

I do think you are a bit off topic here sir. 

Please go start a Razer hate thread. 

Oh gawd, I'm gonna get so much hate on this, oh well.

Pros:

-Design

No matter how  much you hate beats, you cant deny their sexiness. Although they do feel kinda cheep for the price, I am still happy overall with the design.

-Sound

I do realize that a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I love the sound of these. If you are a fan of Hip Hop, EDM or any genre with a decent amount of bass, you will love beats.

-Cable

The detachable cable is awesome and I feel like should be something included with a headphones

Cons:

-Price

At ~180 bucks, they definetly arent cheap.

-Plastic feel

At this price, I feel like they could have made the headphones with more "solid" materials

Final Opinion:

If you have some extra money and love music with a lot of bass, I would definetly recommend these.

Well i have beats for "Fashion" only when i was at gigs but now i have some DJ-500s so those look pretty bwass. And i absolutely hate the feel of them because they are on ear and i HATE THAT.

This has gone completely off topic..