Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Hey folks at Linus Media! 

I'm a audio engineer and my current i5 can kinda spaz out sometimes, especially when I have 20-30 different audio files playing at once! A new CPU would be amazing!

i would use this CPU in a second streaming PC so that i am able to get the most amount of FPS possible when I stream for better game play :P

• CPU- i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz

Cooler- Corsair H100i

GPU- Evga GTX 780 SC

Motherboard- Asus Maximus VI Hero

RAM- 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz

Storage- Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

Storage- Samsung EVO 120GB SSD

Storage- random 2TB Hard Drive

PSU- Corsair GS800

Case- CMStorm Scout 2

Monitor- Asus VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms

Keyborad- Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Mouse- Razer Naga 2014

Headset- Corsair Vengeance 2100/ Sennheiser HD8 DJ

Steering Wheel- Logitech G27

I would use it to in my video editing station which is lacking a bit of power, would be awesome to have the 5820K running on it :)

Video editing and visual effects. After Effects, Maya, etc. I actually need all those cores!

Workstation: i7-4930k | Asus Rampage IV Gene | Reference GTX 780 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | Corsair RM650 | MidNight Black BitFenix Prodigy M

Old Rigi5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | EVGA GTX 560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | 240 GB Samsung 830 Pro | 1TB Hitachi | CoolerMaster Storm Scout (1)

Winning this would be the perfect excuse for me to do some much needed upgrades to my computer. Would be an awesome Christmas time surprise.

Good luck to everyone entering and keep up the great work LTT.

i would love this as i am using a cpu that is a couple years old and it would be gd to get an upgrade

I'd be blessed to get the 5820k because I am ready to move to the intel platform, but I don't quite have the money yet!

It would really give me an excuse to build a better PC, I have been dying to have a better PC. It would be my first PC build, but the more awesome it would be with 5820K, thank you!!!  :D  :D  :D

i want this because im a whore and i also like the editing stuffs and it takes minutes to render 1 frame on my current rig ;_;

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I had a dream of building an powerfull editing rig and become a youtuber like linus

This cpu will be my first stel to my dream :D

I would be using the 5820 for video editing/color work.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Would absolutely love to have this! Been dying to have a new CPU but can't ever afford one  :(

I'm planning on making a computer build in a speaker. Yup. you heard that right. the speaker work work and the cones will be replaced by 200mm fans. ! 

I would love to win this because I would finally would be able to upgrade my AMD phenom II x6 ........ its become a little scary to use.

I'd put this in a pretty powerful rig and use the old one for an NAS.

Hey folks at Linus Media! 

I'm a audio engineer and my current i5 can kinda spaz out sometimes, especially when I have 20-30 different audio files playing at once! A new CPU would be amazing!

really ? I never had an i5 so i wouldnt know , but with my old phenom x6 I had no issues ! also kind of curious, what do you do/use ? 

I would love a new Haswell-E processor!!! i'd love it even more if a MB and RAM were to be tossed in with it.  (hint, hint)