The Enforcer V3 - X99 5930k 295X2 WaterCooled MONSTER Dream Machine.

matetx2012

The case is letting this build down

Ah, I agree with you. I'm not much of an 900D fan either.

You know, back when I started to think about this project I wanted a different case.

The one and only, the Cosmos II.

I freaking love that thing. The problem is when I actually got into watercooling I saw our master Linus' video of the "Overkill 900D Gaming Build" and thought "Well, this might be what I actually need to get started.

It's just to get the watercooling part easy and done. I also have a 350D at the moment and it isn't half bad except for the part that is Micro-ATX (...)

I can't even tell you guys "Oh yeah? Then tell me another case" because I already ordered and it's gonna be here in a few days. :/

The Enforcer V3 (R.I.P 23/12/2014 - 28/04/2015)

The Enforcer V4 (Coming soon.)

I can't even tell you guys "Oh yeah? Then tell me another case" because I already ordered and it's gonna be here in a few days. :/

That's why I didn't mention the case, I saw that you bought it already. :D I would have love to see it be built in a phanthek enthoo primo.

I don't like the 900D. I also don't understand why you went with a dual GPU card in this form factor, future upgrading?

I personally think the Corsair Obsidian design looks awesome. But my personal favourites for this kind of setup is still TJ07 or TJ11.

I don't really like the design of the Enthoo Primo

Currently between computers  :(

I personally think the Corsair Obsidian design looks awesome. But my personal favourites for this kind of setup is still TJ07 or TJ11.

I don't really like the design of the Enthoo Primo

TJ07 is really nice, would be out of my reach.

OH well, hey it's still a nice case.

UPDATE 12/12/14

Okay, so I finally got the confirm from all the possible sources - I have the money to buy all this stuff.

Pretty excited actually. I'm doing a final check on everything before making the order.

The EK-RES X3 250 is in stock again and I'm super happy (bye bye Photon-thingy).

Will add more updates soon, thanks for following my thread!

The 295X2... Why? The 980 would have been way better in price and performance. I just have to ask lol

The 295X2... Why? The 980 would have been way better in price and performance. I just have to ask lol

The 295x2 is on par with a sli of 980.

The 295x2 is a single pci slot.

The 295x2 looks sexy as hell. (especially with the waterblock I'm going to get)

Also I got it for €650 (price of one 980) and buying two 980 would cost me twice the price and hassle, for perhaps a 5% performance gain.

I also had Nvidia for 3 years now and want to change.

You know, back when I started to think about this project I wanted a different case.

The one and only, the Cosmos II.

I freaking love that thing. The problem is when I actually got into watercooling I saw our master Linus' video of the "Overkill 900D Gaming Build" and thought "Well, this might be what I actually need to get started.

It's just to get the watercooling part easy and done. I also have a 350D at the moment and it isn't half bad except for the part that is Micro-ATX (...)

That's a shame, 900d has some weird watercooling quirks.

It jokes like a third of the bottom and top radiators, for example

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That's a shame, 900d has some weird watercooling quirks.

It jokes like a third of the bottom and top radiators, for example

What do you mean by jokes?

What do you mean by jokes?

chokes* lol my bad, sorry.

Jayztwocents spotlights it in one of his skunkworks vlogs, it's not that bad, but it's kinda dissapointing

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

chokes* lol my bad, sorry.

Jayztwocents spotlights it in one of his skunkworks vlogs, it's not that bad, but it's kinda dissapointing

The owner of this site *coughs* made a few good videos related to this case and you know... he's pretty convincing.

Resident Anime Hater, Corsair disliker, and Be Quiet! fanboy

But I guess you have your own opinion don't you?

The owner of this site *coughs* made a few good videos related to this case and you know... he's pretty convincing.

But I guess you have your own opinion don't you?

Hehe :D

Stuff like this is the reason i dislike them though. They make a case that is renowned for water-cooling, which isn't actually that good.

Also it's way overexpensive

Because 980s are crap for 4k?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Actually I explained my reasons up above.

I don't think I'm moving to 4k anytime soon.

I dig that ROG Swift though..

Actually I explained my reasons up above.

I don't think I'm moving to 4k anytime soon.

I dig that ROG Swift though..

You'll go 4k eventually. It's getting cheaper every week ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I would maybe pull it off with another R9 295X2 ijn quadfire, perhaps in a year or two.

But honestly, until I see a 144Hz monitor and 120+ fps capable machinery, I'm not interested.

It'll take you more than that to get me off my BenQ.

You could probably pull it off by gifting me a ROG Swift...it's Christmas after all?  :D

I almost want to go 4k cause of the price. damn 1440, they won't get any cheaper.

I don't see him listing any 4K monitors. For 4K, they really aren't crap. I'm sure everyone has seen Linus's video on it. They did just fine.

I don't see him listing any 4K monitors. For 4K, they really aren't crap. I'm sure everyone has seen Linus's video on it. They did just fine.

I prefer high framerates.

Quick question, I don't want to make another thread and fill the forum up with useless threads and therefore I ask here.

How am I supposed to install the Photon 270 reservoir inside the 900D?

Here's the 900D internals: http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1211272/flags/LL

Here's the Reservoir: http://static.squarespace.com/static/51998404e4b0ef02d1bd9c2c/5199c003e4b027beff3a2386/51eb863ee4b0815776860d20/1374389824919/270-2.jpg?format=750w

Here's what I've seen on other builds (and how I would love it to be): http://www.pcrelic.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/corsair_obsidian_900d_pcrelic_24_1_1.jpg

My question is: How do you actually install the reservoir that way? It seems to be on top of the 2nd row of groumets and I'm not actually sure if there are screw holes or any holes at all there.

The Photon has some weird plate that needs screws, and just in case (if there is really no way to screw it in in that place) I bought some industrial-grade double-sided tape (that holds 120kg), I guess I will just use a hefty amount of it, it won't look as good as it would be if screwed in but oh well.

Depends what you mean by fine.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_970_SLI/

The 970 is supposedly much faster than the R9 290 yet in nearly every test they lose to the AMD due to the memory bus. The 980 has the same memory bus, and, speaking to a guy I know who has every GPU subsystem on the planet the results are very similar. That is, of course, not even taking the 4gb VRAM argument into it because Watchdogs and a few other games (inc Titanfall) will use more than 4gb vram.

I don't see that as just fine. In fact, I would not buy 970s or 980s for 4k, given Nvidia were so bloody tight with the VRAM. Neither are a good bet going into the future, which makes both of them (970 and 980) very confused products. With a crap memory pipeline like that they were certainly not designed for 4k so that makes them very expensive 1080p cards.

Depends what you mean by fine.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_970_SLI/

The 970 is supposedly much faster than the R9 290 yet in nearly every test they lose to the AMD due to the memory bus. The 980 has the same memory bus, and, speaking to a guy I know who has every GPU subsystem on the planet the results are very similar. That is, of course, not even taking the 4gb VRAM argument into it because Watchdogs and a few other games (inc Titanfall) will use more than 4gb vram.

I don't see that as just fine. In fact, I would not buy 970s or 980s for 4k, given Nvidia were so bloody tight with the VRAM. Neither are a good bet going into the future, which makes both of them (970 and 980) very confused products. With a crap memory pipeline like that they were certainly not designed for 4k so that makes them very expensive 1080p cards.

That's what Titans are for I guess?

Anyways, I went with the 295x2 also because of the "dirt cheap" price I paid it for, like I said multiple times.

I'm not planning to go 4k anytime soon, buying two 980 + waterblocks + gimmicks would have costed me probably twice as much as this setup.

If the need will arise, I will probably buy another 295 and make a quadfire (god bless my *new* psu) or just change architecture. But we're talking at least two years from now.

My highest aim at the moment would be the ROG Swift, 2560x1600 144Hz greatness.

Also check the latest post, I made an important question I need to know.

17/12/2014

http://imgur.com/a/ZjQvr (Sorry for blurry pic)

Okay, let's just...

Can we just stare at how fuc... MONSTROUS this thing is?

Like... I'm not exactly that nerdy german moeshit skinny person, but I can fit my whole head in it and I actually have a difficult time moving it around.

Looks glorious, though.

The only downsight is that the opening/closing door mechanism appears to be broken...

Basically in all those 20-30 videos I saw about this case I acknowledged that to open this behemoth all you needed to do is to push a button on the rear side and the thing would just pop right off.

I tried, and it didn't work. The button went it, made a sorta metallic noise and went back into position.

After 20 minutes of struggling, I tried to pull off the tape as well (the other components are coming on Monday, so I didn't quite "fully unpacket" it yet) and still no results.

I managed to open it twice by sliding my whole arm inside the case from the bottom tray (the one you can open without actually opening the whole) and giving a quick (yet, gentle) hit on the hinges on the top.

Doesn't seem to be broken on any parts, aside from some minor paint/brushing imperfections (that thankfully are only on the inside) so I don't know.

I'm not an expert of doors, but IMO that buttom mechanism isn't really pushing like it should. The mechanism was way behind everything so I didn't bother to take a look.

It sitll opens, though, thankfully. Everything on the inside looks fine aside from a HDD cage that had the screw (toolless mechanism, the door of the cage) fell off. No big deal though, as I'm going to remove 2/3 of those because of the radiators.

Aside from that, pretty good. Majestically huge and pretty well-built. The door though bothers me a bit, I won't lie.

Perhaps if any of you can help me? I'll also make a thread on "Computer Cases" later on today.

More stuff coming later!