The Enforcer V3 - X99 5930k 295X2 WaterCooled MONSTER Dream Machine.

matetx2012

Another update:

I just made the order for approx. 2200$ worth of stuff from Amazon (with Prime it WILL arrive tomorrow morning)

And the EKWB is sitll a big mystery. Has yet to be shipped. I prayed in all foreign languages in order to make them ship today/tomorrow but it's a not go. Perhaps if I'm lucky...

Worst case the stuff will arrive on Thursday, 23. Right before Christmas.

And then finally you'll see the build.

The Enforcer V3 (R.I.P 23/12/2014 - 28/04/2015)

The Enforcer V4 (Coming soon.)

I have done some of work already.

• Installed Motherboard1
  • Installed Reservoir2
  • Rudimentary Cable Management (front IO, rear fan)

(1) OH MY GOD. That motherboard... I wasn't able to fit the damn thing in. The styrofoam in the IO Shield was blocking it from going all the way to the left (about 5mm) and so I couldn't screw it in.

After a good hour of struggling (I even managed to get the motherboard stuck inside the case, had to use a lot of strenght and thank god (hopefully) nothing has broken during the process) I finally installed it. The "bios flash" button on the right was also stuck on the backplate. If I can say it, the thinking behind of this whole concept is utter trash.

I didn't even screw everything in out of fear it would break. The board isn't going nowhere because some screw held it in place, but some of them aren't that tight, in case the worst happens.

(2) Thank you XSPC, for giving us a Photon 270 with a backplate that you cannot remove. Oh well, I did predict that. Bought some industrial-grade double sided tape (that can hold 120kg), applied a long stripe behind said backplate and stuck the whole in there.

I won't lie... it'll probably be easier to strip the motherboard off (with all the screws and everything) than trying to remove that reservoir. Never seen such a strong grip on a piece of tape. That thing will be suck in there for centuries probably.

Thing is I also have a R9 295x2, I tried to install it with the stock cooler (I just wanted to see if it fits) and it BARELY does. Like, there's probably 1-2mm between the glass of the reservoir and the (small) height of the pcb.

Actually, now I wonder, is it a problem if the height of the pcb (so like, not the top/bottom) touches the glass of the reservoir? Glass... I mean, I don't know. You tell me. If there's a problem, I might get a wizard to empower the spell of removing that industrial-side tape and move the whole thing slightly to the right.

e6bf2fd466.jpg

21/12

It's happening!

Finally the EKWB package has been shipped.

The build can finally happen. And it will happen tomorrow. So stay tuned!

What's up.

3604114d04.jpg

Build's gonna be tomorrow, am gonna do it with a friend. Perhaps there won't be many pics, just the finished result. It will be pretty ghetto.

Stay tuned!

So you came here....
You posted here...

ONLY TO TEASE ME!?!

Kidding, excited to see the final build :P

When in doubt: C4

My cpu idles at 60 degrees celcius :S (bad thermal paste, buying a new cpu soon) nice one m8! Maybe next time a good shot of the whole pc?

My cpu idles at 60 degrees celcius :S (bad thermal paste, buying a new cpu soon) nice one m8! Maybe next time a good shot of the whole pc?

Perhaps someday, if I'm able to get a decent DSLR.

• 4 months later...

R.I.P.

After 5 months of perfect month and many fuckups, the X99-A failed on me.

Well... Enforcer V4 it is, X99-WS and quick disconnects for the watercooling.