Is AMD about to destroy nVidia with the 300 series?

whitedragon101

I will state with a reasonable amount of speculation and truth based on the past that the next AMD high end offering will be around 5 to 10fps faster ... "IN SOME GAMES" than a GTX 980 and the 980 will be a bit faster in others. Then nvidia will pull a new top dog GPU out their ass and once again have the top dog single high end GPU. AMD will counter with a dual GPU beast that will be the fastest GPU in the world.

Thats what normally happens.  But normally they compete on a level playing field using the same memory and same nm process.  This time it seems AMD has jumped ahead in both as nVidia had R&D issues and production issues.  

facepalm.jpeg go fanboy somewhere else.

Does nobody remember the 480gtx heat issues?

yes can thou not telleth that i'm just making a joke? plsdontkillmeimstillavirgin

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Nvidia will release a new card to beat the shit outta AMD suckass cards.Its basically like a seesaw,sometimes AMD goes up and sometimes Nvidia goes up.

They will reclaim the crown for the fastest cards on the market once again. It's a constant trade back and forth. Tho unless Nvidia has something to fill the time gap between now and Pascal, AMD might hold the title for the highest performing cards on the market for about a year.

This would stand to reason.

Well, I still don't want AMD to beat NVidia. Simple. It would amaze me if AMD brought back ATI. Then that would be some REAL news.

AMD is Ati is AMD LOL. Just an acquisition and name change.

This would stand to reason.

AMD is Ati is AMD LOL. Just an acquisition and name change.

Well I'd rather have ATI as a GPU maker, not AMD. AMD can go fuck themselves. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Welcome to the forums?

Also yes all indications say that it will be using HBM. with a 4096bit bus.

Thanks for the welcome lol.

I'm just entirely pessimistic that HBM is ready for such large scale applications.  Too many disappointments throughout the years for me from AMD.  And yet I keep the faith......

Here's to hoping that Carrizo maybe has HBM too :beer:

But how could they fuck up a blower-cooler so bad?

AMD don't care because they know that their partners would take care of the cooling and they did.

Ya because they really fucked up the GPUs after they took over Ati right ? Actually they made Ati better.

facepalm.jpeg go fanboy somewhere else.

Does nobody remember the 480gtx heat issues?

That thing doubled as a heater, and not a "lol it gets hots" but as in, holy shit this thing puts out heat, and is loud.

fx 6300 - sapphire dual x r9 270x - Zalman z9 - Evga 500B - Cooler master hyper TX3 - Win. 8.1 - Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 - Crucial ballstix sport 8gb (2x4) - WD blue 1TB - some random optical drive for 11$

Well, I still don't want AMD to beat NVidia. Simple. It would amaze me if AMD brought back ATI. Then that would be some REAL news.

Nearly not a single thing has changed since the purchase of ATI. There's quite a few ATI employee's that still work for AMD as of now. The fact that AMD bought out ATI actually made it even better than it was before. They edged in GCN which competed for two generations in a row and is still competing today on that same architecture. ATI was also notoriously bad with drivers. Ever since AMD bought them out I think I recall them flushing out the entire driver staff for a fresh team. Since then we've seen ground break advancements in ATI drivers such as Never Settle. As much as you may think AMD acquiring ATI was a bad thing it actually helped make ATI even better. It was a win/win for both AMD and ATI.

Ya because they really fucked up the GPUs after they took over Ati right ? Actually they made Ati better.

How so?  I think AMD only dragged ATi down, even if AMD did bring them under their protective cloak.  The Fusion initiative has hardly been a real success.  It cost AMD their fabs man, THEIR FABS!!!

Nearly not a single thing has changed since the purchase of ATI. There's quite a few ATI employee's that still work for AMD as of now. The fact that AMD bought out ATI actually made it even better than it was before. They edged in GCN which competed for two generations in a row and is still competing today on the same architecture released two generations ago. ATI was also notoriously bad with drivers. Ever since AMD bought them out I think I recall them flushing out the entire driver staff for a fresh team. Since then we've seen ground break advancements in ATI drivers such as Never Settle. As much as you may think AMD acquiring ATI was a bad thing, it actually helped make ATI even better.

But then that meant ATI was gone for good. Nobody has heard of them ever since the acquisition.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But then that meant ATI was gone for good. Nobody has heard of them ever since the acquisition.

Because the company is ran under AMD branding now. The name ATI simply switched to AMD.

How so?  I think AMD only dragged ATi down, even if AMD did bring them under their protective cloak.  The Fusion initiative has hardly been a real success.  It cost AMD their fabs man, THEIR FABS!!!

Ati was never big enough to be dragged down by a behemoth such as AMD. Radeon is doing better than it ever has currently and things are looking up for Radeon.

They will beat nvidia, then nvidia will beat amd, then amd will beat nvidia and on and on...

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Because the company is ran under AMD branding now. The name ATI simply switched to AMD.

It still is essentially Ati just with more backing and support.

But AMD existed for a while before ATI. They should have their CPUs and RAM stuck with the AMD brand and kept the ATI name for their GPUs. It would be sensible enough.

But AMD existed for a while before ATI. They should have their CPUs and RAM stuck with the AMD brand and kept the ATI name for their GPUs. It would be sensible enough.

It's Still Radeon just the parent Corporation has changed hands. This is a major positive.

I doubt they will beat NVidia.

Their 300 series is probably gonna take a shitton of power and run crazily hot.

I don't mind taking if the card is gonna waste more power for a performance increase for the 3xx series. 

Besides we don't know much info yet, so what you say may or may not be true........

It still is essentially Ati just with more backing and support.

ATI is no longer a company it's been defunct since 2006. AMD did a complete buyout of the ATI franchise. They are sole owners of the entire company now so it inherits the AMD company name and logo.

ATI is no longer a company it's been defunct since 2006. AMD did a complete buyout of the ATI franchise. They are sole owners of the entire company now so it inherits the AMD company name and logo.

Well, when I heard that news, I cried so long in a corner. It was the saddest thing since 3dfx went bankrupt.

AMD acquired Ati s think tanks so spiritually it still is Ati but in corporate terms Radeon is all AMD now.

The ATi name was used up through 2009 and I think up into early 2010.  My Diamond Radeon 5850 and it's box has the ATi logo on it.  Makes me want to cry  :(

Well, when I heard that news, I cried so long in a corner. It was the saddest thing since 3dfx went bankrupt.

Ati is not dead. It is the people behind the brand that make it work and AMD now owns all the talent that used to have their checks signed by Ati now it says AMD.

Ati is not dead. It is the people behind the brand that make it work and AMD now owns all the talent that used to have their checks signed by Ati now it says AMD.

Well, they should have at least left the ATI logo on the GPU cards.