Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 - The Perfect Case?

I'm actually quite keen on it! Saw the coverage Linus got of it at Computex and I shat a brick. It's pretty good for my use case as I can fit a full ATX board in it but not have such a tall case. I have more horizontal space rather than vertical

I think the front I/O panel should be on the top or at the top of the front panel IMO. Have it white or some sort of metal would also be nice.

Looks server grade to me, not convinced.

Yah thats what i thought of when i saw the case...

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

I like the idea of the case, makes for a very clean build. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I love the design, but the finish looks a bit meh. Could be the lighting, matte finishes rarely look good with a flash.

i kinda want it but i need more than two 3.5" HDD bays

caselabs is just too expensive for me :(

2500k,4.3GHZ · Hyper.212.+ · P67A-UD3-B3 · 2x4GB.1600Mhz · GTX 760 AMP!.2GB · M4.128GB · WDCBlue.1TB · WDCGreen.3TB · WDCGreen.1.5TB · XFX.XXX.650W · HAF.912.Advance
ND7000 · 17-50 f/2.8 · 50 f/1.8

Release Date: 07/31/2013

:) B) :) B) :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Seems like another disposable case honestly. You already seem limited from the very start with what you can fit in there. I'd personally go with a Caselabs case over it since there's massive amount of room to grow the case down the road.

People may complain over the cost of Caselabs cases but its a way better option and cheaper in the long run. All the cases I've bought and ended up tossing in the trash I could've paid for a Caselabs case.

I just got the Caselabs SM8 and its worth every penny. Not a single thing feels cheap or poorly designed. Trust me, the first time you touch a Caselabs case you'll know exactly why it's one of the best cases around.

Release Date: 07/31/2013

:) B) :) B) :)

Thanks for the info on the release date :)

Thanks for the info on the release date :)

No problem

i actually like it. Lian Li also has a similar style case.

Gimme a $1

I think I might have to give her a look for a new home for me Rampage IV/3960X as too broke now to spend a whole lot more money for a case right now and helps me water cooling budget out a bit...... with a few mods I can see possibilities! 

Don't really like the cube design but like how they hid the psu and hard drives in the back.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 weeks later...

I love how it's minimal but still different. Whenever I look for something minimal all I get is something that looks like a normal home PC. It's also very very tidy looking and I bet some components in there would look even better. They kind of cluttered it with the push/pull etc. (of course they were showing what you could throw in there) but I just have a single 3-slot card and I'll probably get a H100i to go with this. Really sick of my Phantom with all its glossy crap and thousands of Blue LEDs. This + all black components and white LEDs = Minimal/Tidy Heaven!

It's also nice to see lots of people don't like it either, means it will be that much different. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

I like this case too. And I wonder, can a eeb motherboard like the asus z9pe-d8 ws be installed in this case, and still able to put two h110 on the top and the front of the case? 

I like this case and as soon as it becomes available I'm going to go out and bye one. Right now I have a 600T but the Air 540 has more options to what I need which is the 2 hot swappable HDD stations at the bottom that helps me when I'm working on peoples computers that need to have there data saved I can just pop the HDD in and start saving no more fiddling around with extra power wires or running sata cables. The window on the side is awesome so I can show off my build which the 600T has but not to the extent this case has. While I admit the face is not all that the body is damn near flawless.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Like the case, prefer caselabs tho

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Yah thats what i thought of when i saw the case...

Once I have the case I will show you how so!

• 6 months later...