H440, top fans question.

Kingjam102
Go to solution Solved by VulsaviiK,

There is room for 3 140's so 2 120's and a 140 should work I think. 

It won't, the second 140 runs into the space of the 3rd 120 slot, otherwise I'd have done it myself. Here's a picture to show, with the third 120 slot in that red outline

j4h1yKl.jpg?2

I really feel as though they could have made triple 140 fans work in this case without having to make any compromises in say, size. I dunno, I'm happy with the purchase overall, but it just feels like there is so many missed opportunities, yaknow?

I have the NZXT H440 and living in Aus its going to start getting hot really soon and I'm looking for more fans to put at the top of my case. 
I have the Corsair H60 CPU cooler but i just want to get more fans to cool everything down.
My question is, is it possible to have 2 140mm fans and 1 120mm? or would it just be better overall to get triple 120 ?
I'm not concerned about noise I just want to know what would be best.  

Thanks

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I have the NZXT H440 and living in Aus its going to start getting hot really soon and I'm looking for more fans to put at the top of my case. 

I have the Corsair H60 CPU cooler but i just want to get more fans to cool everything down.

My question is, is it possible to have 2 140mm fans and 1 120mm? or would it just be better overall to get triple 120 ?

I'm not concerned about noise I just want to know what would be best.  

Thanks

i would do three 120s ass the 140 will fill part of a 120 slot so i would buy 3 120's and take some fangrilles/filters off

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

It won't, the second 140 runs into the space of the 3rd 120 slot, otherwise I'd have done it myself. Here's a picture to show, with the third 120 slot in that red outline

j4h1yKl.jpg?2

I really feel as though they could have made triple 140 fans work in this case without having to make any compromises in say, size. I dunno, I'm happy with the purchase overall, but it just feels like there is so many missed opportunities, yaknow?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

-pic-

Oh damn, Didn't know that :o

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Oh damn, Didn't know that :o

All good, either way....

fuck, now there's a picture of the most ghetto part of my build on the forums

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I expect 3 120's to fit, but then again i haven't tried that on mine...

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

What temps you currently getting ? I'm in Aus and have a h440 also. I've considered adding an intake with mesh to the front panel but my wallet says no if I cheese it and have to buy another case.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

What temps you currently getting ? I'm in Aus and have a h440 also. I've considered adding an intake with mesh to the front panel but my wallet says no if I cheese it and have to buy another case.

what temps do you get i have a h440 and my 780 got close to the 80C and then i just moved a 140mm closer to the GPU so that it had room to breath and now its in the 75C might be a good idea.

Needs Update

j4h1yKl.jpg?2

do you have a 140 mm rad or just fans ? wanted to know the cleaners because i am going to get a Swiftech 240X and just wanted to know some of the measurements as i am going to be adding my 780 to the 240x loop.

Needs Update

So you know, you only want to occupy the rear most top slot.

If you occupy the other 2 it will HURT temps. Unless you put the other 2 as intake.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So you know, you only want to occupy the rear most top slot.

If you occupy the other 2 it will HURT temps. Unless you put the other 2 as intake.

What do you mean?