The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Oh Some people above were saying they hated how iOS 7 and 8 looks, I was just saying that I liked it

ohhhh ok then, i find it ok but a bit too glossy for me

Maybe they'll make it out of stainless steel instead to fix the issue. Hell, I'd buy a steel phone. Small heavy things feel nice.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Maybe they'll make it out of stainless steel instead to fix the issue. Hell, I'd buy a steel phone. Small heavy things feel nice.

That would be pretty cool not necessarily that much heavier either, I actually loved the heft of the iPhone 4, it felt awesome 

although now I have my iPhone 6, the 5 feels really small and heavy, and its only been 24 hours

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

iP6P_bent_03.jpg

Numerous reports have shown up, that the iPhone 6 Plus may bend, when carrying it in your pockets. There is not much else to say about this. iPhone 6 Flex?  :P

Source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1785905

Source: http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/iphone-6-plus-will-it-bend/

ITS A FEATURE

You are putting the phone in your pocket the wrong way

Oh and to the people saying that this wouldn't have happened under Jobs or that Apple lost some of its adherence to details when Jobs left... Let me know what kind of crack you are smoking.

1. The Cube Mac. Remember that? Launched under Job's tenure. That thing was a design nightmare. It was marketed on aesthetics yet the plastic casing would crack. It had no fan, overheated and had stability issues. It was far from "perfection and attention to detail" that people think Jobs gave Apple.

2. Macbook Pros that cracked 100 degrees under load. That too was under Jobs. I still own one of those MBPs. They do hit 100 degrees. There is no bullshitting here. It was a nightmare. Stressing components to that degree for what? Just to avoid slapping in larger fans? It was pathetic, and it happened under Jobs.

3. Antennagate. Good or bad, engineering or design, it was under Job's nose.

I could keep on going but here is the point: These mistakes happened under Jobs too. These slips of attention to detail.

Oh and to the people saying that this wouldn't have happened under Jobs or that Apple lost some of its adherence to details when Jobs left... Let me know what kind of crack you are smoking.

1. The Cube Mac. Remember that? Launched under Job's tenure. That thing was a design nightmare. It was marketed on aesthetics yet the plastic casing would crack. It had no fan, overheated and had stability issues. It was far from "perfection and attention to detail" that people think Jobs gave Apple.

2. Macbook Pros that cracked 100 degrees under load. That too was under Jobs. I still own one of those MBPs. They do hit 100 degrees. There is no bullshitting here. It was a nightmare. Stressing components to that degree for what? Just to avoid slapping in larger fans? It was pathetic, and it happened under Jobs.

3. Antennagate. Good or bad, engineering or design, it was under Job's nose.

I could keep on going but here is the point: These mistakes happened under Jobs too. These slips of attention to detail.

It really does make you wonder sometimes....All of those (and Apple isn't the only one thats guilty of this) are just such obvious issues that really should've been caught before production.....there are certain flaws, which are so easy to reproduce and are often caused by day-to-day tasks that they should never even see the light of day.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It really does make you wonder sometimes....All of those (and Apple isn't the only one thats guilty of this) are just such obvious issues that really should've been caught before production.....there are certain flaws, which are so easy to reproduce and are often caused by day-to-day tasks that they should never even see the light of day....

Corporate incompetence. At some point someone thinks it won't be a big deal and it gets approved despite any internal policies that dictate otherwise.

Apple is held to a higher standard so it's more baffling when they make mistakes, but Apple is by far NOT the worst NOR the only one who pulls this shit.

It's just baffling when it does happen, cause it really shouldn't.

Again...they compare a "PC" to a "Mac". A Mac IS an Intel x86 PC. They are both PC's and the comparison or the selling that they are different in that regard is absurd. They do not compare OS and even if they did, Mac OS can run on a non Apple Intel PC. OSX is unix based. 

Pretty sure everyone is familair on differences between mac and PC, no need to be difficult

"They give you powerful hardware". No they don't. The IMAC GPU's are a joke and mobile or underclocked to hell. 

You can have a 4GB 780mx on an iMac, that's hardly a joke. Show me one other all-in-one with similar gaming power as that. Besides plenty of AIOs use mobile platforms.

"Well designed". The temps on the GPU's are freakin awful on even their "workstations" which have WRONGLY put aesthetics before performance/temps recently. Now as far as a pretty case? Yup they aren't bad. Apple's panel in the IMAC is at monoprice for like 300-400 bucks. They are LG panel's because Apple does not make PC hardware. They put a logo and a casing on it. What do they make? Crappy mouses and mediocre keyboards that some people find pretty. They also like to rename existing technology with an Apple term. "Flash Storage" is an example. 

iMacs are NOT marketed as workstations... seriously you know absolute jack about Apple. also there are very few companies that actually own TFT manufacturersm practicaly all IPS panels are LG made. However, the iMac 1440p panel is NOT a monoprice panel, it's the same factory calibrated panel as the Dell Ultrasharp, yes, that is also an LG panel. the Color Accuracy is ridiculously amazing on iMacs, Anandtech has an article on it.

"Audi R8 is based on the Lamborghini Gallardo". An absolutely absurd comparison. PC gaming and work is like a race. Time is money and performance matters. In that regard the Apple is a Rolls, and the custom PC is a Ferrari. You are comparing aesthetics to something that means literally nothing in work/gaming. It is like having two identical jumpsuits (if hardware was identical) and one has a logo on it and claiming the other is better made, or of higher quality.

Basically what you are saying is athestics doesn't matter to you. Fine, but it matters to other people.

The best Apple computer I have ever owned is a Hackintosh. Better temps, better GPU, better clocks, upgradable. 

Hackintosh is amazing, I agree with you on that.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

It is a phone.  I don't give a ****.  Ok well I kind of do as any bad news in the smart phone world is good.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

A nokia would breake your leg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It is a phone.  I don't give a ****.  Ok well I kind of do as any bad news in the smart phone world is good.

why you don't like phones ? 

if they bend so soon imagine them in a year lol

"A friend of mine and several others had similar problems with the 5s after a while. They were all told, that they were not supposed to keep the iPhone in their pockets. Hilarious, but true"

it is the 5th response in the first link ,wtf apple ? this is the amazing support you have ? 

the point is iphone has been out for a week ? what will happen in the long term ?

MULTI-FREAKING-QUOTE

You mean the people microwaving their phones? 

Also I don't "hate" Apple. I am just as critical of Microsoft. I hated the IO7 icons. I was shocked when I saw them and I wasn't alone. 

1672796-slide-homepage-comp.jpg

Left (IOS 6) side looks clean, professional, modern and everything give more information and or is clearer as to what it is the second you look at it (which is what Apple devices always had going for them as far as OS look). Right side (IOS7)looks like a fisher price toy. Camera icon sucks. The font size on the calendar is too thin. Weather icon has no temp. The bottom icons look cheap and crappy. Notepads are yellow in peoples minds, why the hell change it. The photo icon might be the only good change and to be honest they both suck. Now as far as the actual IOS features? The swipe up was nice. The new camera app could have been better.

io6 was not clean by any stretch

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Even Android's Jellybeans were not that flexible.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Just found a video about this in my sub box :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The difference is that my s3 snapped.

holy cow? how?

holy-cow-2.jpg

Apple's gonna release a series of videos showing how every competitor's phone bends too

bonus points for those who got the reference

evev bender from futurama wouldn't be able to bend my lumia 920 :'D

Ahahaha.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Ahahaha.

resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generato

unbox therapy has it on video now, does seem easy enough to bend in a pair of jeans unintentionally.

it is already in the 1st post. :D ouch, how can he do that?

Derp..not sure how I missed that..I sowwy

no problem, I miss stuff all the time. :D Now where did I put my phone?

One, two cases of this occurring and suddenly it's an "issue?"

Sorry, you can't defend this shit. It's very obvious that this is blatant engineering compromise to thin the phone down to such a degree. Everything about the iP6 is great, but this is a proper fuck up.

'you're pocketing it wrong'.

OK. After the unboxing therapy videos, I think all the Apple fanboys need to kind of accept this is a thing and that apple needs to be called to attention.

Fucking hell tho, My HTC One M8 won't bend no matter how I try, how the fuck did they manage this? Did all the engineers at apple have a vacation and the designers go 'we got this, we just scale up without really changing much'???

Physics is an important consideration, even for almighty apple.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

OK. After the unboxing therapy videos, I think all the Apple fanboys need to kind of accept this is a thing and that apple needs to be called to attention.

Fucking hell tho, My HTC One M8 won't bend no matter how I try, how the fuck did they manage this? Did all the engineers at apple have a vacation and the designers go 'we got this, we just scale up without really changing much'???

Physics is an important consideration, even for almighty apple.

I personally don't care about the bending because #AndroidMasterRace. What I worry about is that the battery can explode if it bends. So we are justing waiting for the first reports of that phone going BOOM!