Logitech G402 Available for preorder

brownninja97

Different buttons, different technology, possibly a different sensor

But both are the new gen and for FPS? I am confused about their naming system

But both are the new gen and for FPS? I am confused about their naming system

One is meant as a successor to the G400s, and the other to the G500s I'd imagine

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I bought it 2 weeks ago.. best mouse i've ever had!

So the higher the number, the higher the series. So I assume 502 is a more premium 402

So the higher the number, the higher the series. So I assume 502 is a more premium 402

Not necessarily. That might turn out to be true, because the G402 looks much more subdued, but previously the number seemed to just be an indication of what it was. For example, the G400 and G500 were pretty much the same mouse, but on was laser and the other was optical. I think in general higher numbers are more premium, but not nescessarily

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Logitech_G402_Hyperion_Fury_01.jpg

From the makers of the amazing G502 and the z623 speakers of which those fu**ing speakers died on me yesterday( rip for them). Back on topic Logitech is back again with a new mouse, to shake the ages and your pants(underwear for silly people). 

Great fortune tellers told us that someday man kind, woman kind......and linus would come across this mouse.

They even detailed the details which entail the details of this mouse.

Feature list;

• 500 inches track speed, which that many inches your SO will never complain
  • "The Logitech exclusive Delta Zero technology ensures pinpoint accuracy for Hyperion Fury" Yeah whatever the heck their marketing team says, sounds like some attack from a crappy anime.

You can also customize the literal sh** out of this mouse, never again will  your SO complain about a single set skills, now you can have many skills and be "productive" with your time. for science.

Pricing:

UK: £45

Euros:  No clue

US: $59.99

http://www.techpowerup.com/203601/logitech-announces-the-g402-hyperion-fury-gaming-mouse.html

the euro price is 59,99 as wel look, http://gyazo.com/b1bbebcc697a23b9bf32a9ea48521bff

But is it optical or laser?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Just preordered it from the Logitech site before I even saw Linus' post. I found a coupon online which means I've got it for 54.99 Euro, which sounds like a great price.

Lets hope they don't wait too long before they ship them. My Roccat Kone seems to die.

Hi,

Product manager for Hyperion Fury here to answer some questions and such.

Oh my god. Does anyone know when it will be released? I need this for my new build, + it's flippin' only £49.99!  :D

One thing though: Where is the scroll mode button?  :(

It is on its way to our warehouses right now. First arrivals will be late August/early September but it's tough to pinpoint when it might be in any specific country. It could be as late as October for some.

But is it optical or laser?

It uses an optical sensor combined with an accelerometer and a gyro. The accelerometer and gyro keep track of where the mouse is moving but do not do anything more unless the system detects the optical sensor is losing tracking data due to excessive speed. At that point the Fusion Engine kicks in and delivers tracking data to the system from the accelerometer/gyro combo until the optical sensor regains tracking capability. All this happens within <1ms of the optical sensor failing, so there's no delay at all during handover. 

if it has scroll left and right, this may be the next mouse I buy seeing how my sidewinder X8 is sending itself to oblivion right about now... it lasted a long time

EDIT: and if it doesn't have changeable color ill end up un-soldering the LED and replacing it with a red one.

EDIT, AGAIN: I just wish there were more mouse manufacturers that used vertical thumb buttons instead of horizontal ones, the sidewinder X8 thumb buttons are the best ones I have ever used, it'll be hard to go back...

It does not have a tilt wheel and the G logo is in cyan only.

I'll take your request for different thumb buttons into consideration for future products.

If it's not wireless I couldn't care less. After owning the 602, I just can't go back to a wired mouse.

Thanks for loving the G602. :)

it's quite cool actually!

Man that guy is awkward.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Hi,

Product manager for Hyperion Fury here to answer some questions and such.

lol how did we manage to attract a affiliate. Btw if you know of the guys over on the audio part of logitech, my z623 broke(luckily its being rmaed) so when you guys gonna make the next generation of speakers

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Logitech_G402_Hyperion_Fury_01.jpg

From the makers of the amazing G502 and the z623 speakers of which those fu**ing speakers died on me yesterday( rip for them). Back on topic Logitech is back again with a new mouse, to shake the ages and your pants(underwear for silly people).

Great fortune tellers told us that someday man kind, woman kind......and linus would come across this mouse.

They even detailed the details which entail the details of this mouse.

Feature list;

• 500 inches track speed, which that many inches your SO will never complain
  • "The Logitech exclusive Delta Zero technology ensures pinpoint accuracy for Hyperion Fury" Yeah whatever the heck their marketing team says, sounds like some attack from a crappy anime.

You can also customize the literal sh** out of this mouse, never again will your SO complain about a single set skills, now you can have many skills and be "productive" with your time. for science.

Pricing:

UK: £45

Euros: 60

US: $59.99

http://www.techpowerup.com/203601/logitech-announces-the-g402-hyperion-fury-gaming-mouse.html

WTF I JUST BOUTH THE G502 PROTEUS CORE

calm down, this product is basically the g502 with a few less features.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the euro price is 59,99 as wel look, http://gyazo.com/b1bbebcc697a23b9bf32a9ea48521bff

Ok ill just add that in.

Listen if you care.

lol how did we manage to attract a affiliate. Btw if you know of the guys over on the audio part of logitech, my z623 broke(luckily its being rmaed) so when you guys gonna make the next generation of speakers

I follow Linus on Facebook and I've been searching for coverage and conversation on this all day. I've only been on this board a few months (not many posts, as you can see) but I stop in from time to time because I like the community and being a mouse nerd.

I'm not permitted to discuss future product development plans, but I'm sad that your speakers broke.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

I have a G502 and I love it. I never really cared about precision of a mouse, I got G502 just as a replacement for my R.A.T. 7(it died, and I got my money back), and now I can't stand using anything else, it's just so precise. Only thing I don't like about it is the sniper button placement so I disabled it. As for G402, it should be just as great, but resolution might be a bit too low for my taste(I'm using 4500DPI for my 2048x1152 monitor, and I've ordered a 1440p monitor so I'm probably going to increase it even more)

I follow Linus on Facebook and I've been searching for coverage and conversation on this all day. I've only been on this board a few months (not many posts, as you can see) but I stop in from time to time because I like the community and being a mouse nerd.

I'm not permitted to discuss future product development plans, but I'm sad that your speakers broke.

Yeah i just was messing around on techpowerup and boom g402 comes up. Im just waiting for my rat 7 to die so that i can get a g502, i know the proteus is a better mouse but im not rich.

Listen if you care.

The way you wrote about it was awesome :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

*buys G502*

*G402 comes out a month later, is $25 cheaper, and is functionally better*

Why Logitech? Just why?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.