The big thing announced was the new shield tab

Sharif

do you have to buy the controller separately?

beacuse if you do, I think this is the wrong move nvidia.

Yes its a 60 USD extra. I think this was a bit of a wrong move for a company that is trying to sell the device to gamers, 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Ugh No one wants your tablet Nvidia. Give us what we really want.  <_<

speak for yourself ofc, but I want it.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

the controller ist 49.99£ thats waay overpriced

speak for yourself ofc, but I want it.

I mean that most pc gamers are more interested in GTX 800 series than a mobile gaming tablet. Of course there are exceptions.

I should be studying.

£30 would be a reasonable price for the controller £50 is insane even the Xbone controller is not that expensive.

Odd thing to market, especially since majority of mobile games are awful, and if they are made better by this setup a laptop or console is more practical.

Delays on Maxwell etc and the leaks about the Shield tablet how did you think it was Maxwell... also this post needs more detail no offence.

check again  ;)

i posted it quick because i know  if somebody else posted before me it would turn into a double post and then i would have had to remove/report it 

because of countless waiting for the new R9300 series and nvidia 800 series messed up my thinking  :lol:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Hmmmm this announcment makes me wonder should i throw my 780ti away and buy a 290x?

No No No

Does no one else see the issue? k so with the first shield, you held the controller in ur hand with the screen attached, most people used this in bed or on the couch etc. with the screen now separate how the fuck are you going to use this? your going to have to prop up the screen or lay it in your lap and look down at it constantly while your awkwardly holding the controller so it doesnt get in the way. and yes i see that it has a kicstand but back to the why are people going going to be using this thing, theres no flat surfaces in bed xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hmmmm this announcment makes me wonder should i throw my 780ti away and buy a 290x?

...why?

I should be studying.

Not sure about the stand. How's one to play this on the go ? Not even sure about using it on the couch... I'll reserve my judgement untill I see someone using it like on his lap or something.

That makes no sense..... why would this announcement somehow devalue your 780ti, its still a better card

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't know about you guys but i want this simply because it is a decent tablet. Depending on how pricing is in aus (or if we even get a release here) vs the nexus 7 i might consider picking one up to use for text books in when at Uni. I was really considering the tegra note 7 but with this coming that purchase can wait.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

100% decided to buy one

I just dont have the money to preorder one now...oh well pay day soon :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I still hope there is going to be a replacement for the original nvidia shield. Otherwise I'm not sure I want the controller and tablet separate.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

god I hate how mobile gaming is taking over.....

I just think its a waste of time (literally, they're made to be time wasters) granted all games at "time wasters" in a sense, but you dont put 500 hours of play into a mobile game like you do with something like skyrim or oblivion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just watched Tested quick review of it. They have a point where if you're in the market for a tablet and a Steam Box, that can be interresting. For me, In-Home streaming works on wifi but it's not the best. Would be cool if there was an ethernet port (via usb or something...)

Just watched Tested quick review of it. They have a point where if you're in the market for a tablet and a Steam Box, that can be interresting. For me, In-Home streaming works on wifi but it's not the best. Would be cool if there was an ethernet port (via usb or something...)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the gentleman on the left say "powered by their Tivo processor"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the gentleman on the left say "powered by their Tivo processor"?

Where ? I guess Tivo and Tegra k1 is pretty close, I'm sure you misunderstood :P 

Does no one else see the issue? k so with the first shield, you held the controller in ur hand with the screen attached, most people used this in bed or on the couch etc. with the screen now separate how the fuck are you going to use this? your going to have to prop up the screen or lay it in your lap and look down at it constantly while your awkwardly holding the controller so it doesnt get in the way. and yes i see that it has a kicstand but back to the why are people going going to be using this thing, theres no flat surfaces in bed xD

Finally someone gets it.

Finally someone gets it.

The fact is that this is a tablet not a shield replacement, the original shield will be sold alongside this tablet.

You are supposed to plug the tablet to a TV via HDMI and use it as a console with the controller.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I'm interested but I think I'll miss the gameboy advance SP shape of the "shield portable(???)"

I really want some more reviews but more importantly how it stands up to other tablets.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The fact is that this is a tablet not a shield replacement, the original shield will be sold alongside this tablet.

You are supposed to plug the tablet to a TV via HDMI and use it as a console with the controller.

For the price of this tablet + the controller you can buy a PS4. See the problem?

For the price of this tablet + the controller you can buy a PS4. See the problem?

Yes but this is a portable device with android, 2 cameras, stylus and most of the games are cheaper (although less quality) than in the ps4.

Consider it like getting an iPad and a ps4 in one device, it is cheaper but not as good as 2 separate devices

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

That makes no sense..... why would this announcement somehow devalue your 780ti, its still a better card

It was misplaced sarcasm

No No No