Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slick

What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

Message added by colonel_mortis

The Ahtlon 200GE needs a video by now, no?

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but y'all could make your own Raspberry Pi version of the GHH (Google Home Hub). A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and Raspberry Pi's own 7" touch-screen display could be used to make a device very similar to the GHH. The only things missing would be a cheap speaker, mic, and maybe even some kind of camera or sensor set-up as a light sensor like the one the GHH has.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b-plus/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/

probably already suggested before but I would like to see a video comparing the i5-9600k to other low end gaming alternative cpus

I was looking around for portable gaming laptops when I came across an ad for the Alienware M15, and it seems weird seeing as alienware laptops are usually huge behemoths so I think that would be cool to see Dell's new take on an alienware laptop

THE THING NO ONE SHOULD DO !!! (NO LINUS PLZ DONT!!)
The LattePanda Alpha ("Powerful" Single board computer) 
With m.2 converted in to PCIE 4X,
and Paired with an RTX 2080 ti = playing games in 4k Medium/high details (ideally less cpu intensive games)

60fps ??  or more..??

Will watercooling the Intel m3-7y30 CPU help??

Kind regards from Denmark
concept video that gave me the idea.. 

Finally available AMD flagship GPU (vega64)with custom pcb and working kinda optimized drivers!

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM: 16GB Geil Super Luce AMD 3000mhz  8x2GB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Gigabite Vega 64 OC X || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm300 525gb || M65 pro& Corsair Strafe RGB || 2x Acer ed323 qura

Does overcharging a Tesla make it go Faster :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

What happens if a M.2 SSD with a heat-sink, gets placed on the back of a ITX Motherboard?

I suspect this does not fit, but the M.2 on ITX motherboards are usually placed on the back.

what effects does it have when the heat-sink is removed?

does it increase overall heat?

does it shutdown to prevent damages to the SSD?

does it mess up the other temperature measurements? ( because the PCB itself will heat up more)

And how much heat does it actually output with and without the heat-sink?

and are products like this needed?:

EK Water Blocks EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink 

Positive Mental Additude!

Also Finally my setup Ready

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet:

I7 8550U ( OCed at 4,0Ghz constant all cores)

16GB Ram

256gb NVMe storage ( upgrading to 1 TB soon )

eGPU Nvidia GTX 1080

The SHIFT6mq.
It's a fairtrade, diy reparable smartphone and the most anti-iphone Phone I found thus far.

Made in Germany, they come in different sizes and capacities.

https://www.shiftphones.com/en/

https://shop.shiftphones.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g1DFrAPbTVRBZ_N-YfcLA

Thoughts? I'd get one for myself but currently they're only preorderable.

If they happen to be on the market at some point, I wonder what LTT would have to say about it, if they reviewed one of them.

I need a backup solution for my mother. 

Lots of photos and personal documents. Windows based, allow for some automation like hot swap a drive to take one offsite. A main copy of all the data is available locally. No cloud solutions. Should there be raid? Should it be hardware and software hybrid? Something I don't need to do much effort to support.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, timdine said:

I need a backup solution for my mother. 

Lots of photos and personal documents. Windows based, allow for some automation like hot swap a drive to take one offsite. A main copy of all the data is available locally. No cloud solutions. Should there be raid? Should it be hardware and software hybrid? Something I don't need to do much effort to support.

That'd be handy to see Linus review, but just fyi if you want a free program to look at, try FBackup 7.  It's free, works reliably, and has lots of bells and whistles for IT Pros.

Just for fun. Could you check some thermal coupling with weird materials. Or do some test to see if it matters when you use graphite, gold paper, diamond powder or silver. 

Daimond would need to be industrial grade fine powder.

Gold could be the gold paper they use in hip and posh restaurants food grade or something, it is super thin and not that expensive.

Silver could be silver foil, should be attainable super thin.

Thin graphite could be an video all in itself. Contact some material science university. They are bound to be working with super thin graphite and willing to do a showcase and look around in the lab.

Thermal Conductivity
Material Thermal conductivity (cal/sec)/(cm2 C/cm) Thermal conductivity (W/m K)*
Diamond ... 1000
Silver 1.01 406.0
Copper 0.99 385.0
Gold ... 314