The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

So yay and all that stuff, I did some more work to BPM. First I removed the fingers from the SLI bridge which was actually very easy and did not require the heat gun. I just pulled off the plugs with pliers then snipped them all clean. Then I gave the rig a good clean/vacuum before putting in the new lights and putting it all back together.

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

And then finally.

pic-3.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Love it also placing the fans over the rad makes it look cleaner.

Whether I like this build or not, I have to commend your work.

I feel there are too many builds that are being basically pieced together with very nice photography that are getting hailed as masterpieces and then people like you who are doing hard time consuming mod work are left in the shadows.

Well done.

I feel there are too many builds that are being basically pieced together with very nice photography that are getting hailed as masterpieces and then people like you who are doing hard time consuming mod work are left in the shadows.

Well done.

Thanks !

I know exactly what you mean. I mean, how many hundreds of photos do we need of a fixing or a stick of memory?

I'm no David Bailey, I just prefer to get my hands dirty :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Well done.

I've got to partially agree with this, it usually starts with one person does something original and then people follow trend. Subtle modding is the current trend but it is lazy to a point, pick a colour and black, add LEDs either white or the colour to match.

It's nice to see someone break the trend but it's nicer to see @ALXAndy build it to how he wants it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, the time has finally arrived. Every beast PC needs a beast monitor, yes?

Enter the Acer Predator 4k2k UHD XB280HK, a 28" 4k G-Sync monitor.

big_acer_xb280hk-7jpg.jpg

I always fully intended to go 4k but wasn't so sure it was time before now. Obviously going 4k comes with a huge performance hit so there needs to be a way to smooth things over if they get choppy. G-Sync is obviously the answer, and until there is a GPU set up that can provide 144hz 60hz is more than enough.

Have only played Dying Light so far but it's absolutely jaw dropping. I've never seen a game that has a perfect alias. IE - objects look completely free of their surroundings with no jagged edges at all.

Truly amazing stuff. I got it for a very good price too.

Oh golly. 

Very pretty. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Wow great work ALXAndy I'm loving the attention to detail, very nice!

Thanks man. I'm still not done just yet. Waiting to see if Corsair release an AIO adapter that works on the Titan. I know I could get the NZXT ones but I think they're kinda ugly and a rip off of the ones that guy used to make.

One thing I've found since gaming in 4k is that the GPUs get hot fast, which in turn leads to loads of noise. Obviously this is easily gotten around by simply using headphones, but I'd rather not. So at some point the GPUs are going to be AIO cooled :) This means mounting two 120mm rads or, if I really decide to push the boat out, two 240mm.

It's aggro but it's worth it. As soon as I clapped eyes on Dying Light @ 4k I knew that things would never be the same again.

OK so a further update to the monster...

Recently as I posted about I bought a 4k monitor. Playing games at 4k is very, very stressful on the rig and most notably the graphics cards. My rig runs 9 or 10 fans right now, I lost count. However, the ambient noise of the rig is perfectly fine. Thing is I don't like trying to make a GPU quiet by hindering the fans, so, I have my fans set to kick in at 65c and ramp to 100% in order to keep them cool. Running a GPU hot is not a good idea due to the crappy lead free ROHS solder companies now use. Running them into the 90s would be bad for the flux in the solder.

So what to do? spend £500 or more on a water cooling set up?

Nahhhhh.

I know a lot of people don't like them but there's no denying how good the Kraken G10s are.

So, I just placed an order for two of these...

3-1.png

And will order two adapters soon. Hopefully by the time I go to fit it all Corsair would have pulled their finger out and released theirs. Their 290 adpater is frigging epic.

I have two 120mm purple fans left over, so expect more to come soon. I will need to build an acrylic wall to mount them both to too.

Another quick update. My head is now working full time on now I can fit this all without it looking like arsehole.

I've done some measuring on the case now. Of course I could just literally drop them in without mounting them properly but that would look like poo. So, to start off I have ordered a triple 120mm rad stand.

XgxaJ0.jpg

What I'm hoping to do is mount one AIO at the top and one at the bottom. The hoses will come out through the middle (so one is the right way up and the other upside down at either end of the stand). I have two 120mm purple LED fans, one for each, and when they are fitted I will then fit this -

mDdi8T.jpg

So think of it upright as a large stand. Obviously I will need to cut into that ^ to let the hoses out.

I've not ordered the Krakens yet because a couple of months back on Ebay there was a guy making cooler brackets that looked far nicer and came in about half the price. Sadly I have not been able to relocate them yet but I will wait it out for a bit to see if Corsair release their bracket. No doubt it will be better also..

I will try and use Photoshop later to explain how this should all work, right now it's all in my head..

Also. Photobucket is not working ATM, so hopefully the linked pics will....

looks incredible.  Linked pics not working for me.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Weird they work fine here !!

So the first parts have started to arrive. One rad stand.

DSC00432.jpg

Which fingers crossed ends up here...

DSC00429.jpg

Quick update. Got out the parts...

DSC00433.jpg

And assemble...

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

Sorry about that. The camera usually saves them rotated once you rotate them..

Just turn your head to the side a little :D

Fantastic stuff. It looks really good. Also, good to see something other than the usual black and red combo wombo. Purple is a good choice.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Purple is my favorite colour, I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.

Looks great so far :D

Thanks chaps. I'm hoping I can get this all in there looking stock. That would be really nice :)

It should fit, but I won't start taking the rig apart until I have decided on what bracket to use. Right now it's the NZXT Kraken but I must say I really don't like them so I will give Corsair another month or so to get their Nvidia one out before making my decision :)

Thanks chaps. I'm hoping I can get this all in there looking stock. That would be really nice :)

It should fit, but I won't start taking the rig apart until I have decided on what bracket to use. Right now it's the NZXT Kraken but I must say I really don't like them so I will give Corsair another month or so to get their Nvidia one out before making my decision :)

Oh what a wonderful beast PC. Have you ever thought about painting the case purple? Maybe not at all but it would be cool. Subscribed ;)

Sorry about that. The camera usually saves them rotated once you rotate them..

Just turn your head to the side a little :D

Now it makes sense

Steve

Oh what a wonderful beast PC. Have you ever thought about painting the case purple? Maybe not at all but it would be cool. Subscribed ;)

No paint no. However I did buy some purple glitter vinyl so expect something :)