STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

-snip-

Fallout Bethesda
Fallout 2 Bethesda
Fallout: New Vegas
Payday: The Heist
They Bleed Pixels Collector's Edition
Serious Sam 3 BFE Gold
Long Live The Queen
Dishonored GOTY
Resident Evil 6 Complete ROW
Iron Warriors
Ghost Master
Making History: The Calm and The Storm
Shadowgrounds Survivor and Shadowgrounds
Gumboy Tournament
Insecticide: Part 1
Legendary
Velvet Assassin
BC Kings
Brainpipe
Roogoo
Zero Gear
Toki Tori
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Fortix
Flight of the Icarus
Puzzler World
Swarm Arena
Archon
Patrician III
Rush
Clickr
Hydrophobia: Prophec
Fortix 2
STORM: Frontline Nation
Critical Mass
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Defy Gravity
Puzzler World 2
Fowl Space
Adventures of Shuggy
Tiny Troopers
Nethergate Resurrection
Magical Drop V
The Journey Down
DLC Quest
Retro/Grade
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
Savant
Ascent Steam Store and Retail Key
9.03m
EvilQuest
LYNE
Original War
Mashed
ORB
They Breathe
Urban Trials
Payday: The Heist
Wargame: European Escalation
Papers, Please
Stronghold HD
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
One Way Heroics

fite mi. git on meye levl

All I know is I had around 175 games before the sale. Now I have 234.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Only got several games for this sale:

Monaco

Lyne

Defy Gravity Extended

Gunpoint

Display Fusion

Well most expensive purchase isn't even a game lol.  And I only bought Defy Gravity because it was $0.29 AND it has trading cards, so I made a profit from playing the game. Overall, this steam sale has been lackluster compared to previous ones. There were a lot of repeats and the community votes got worse as the days went along. Valve is such genius at creating a meta-game for the sale.  I saw tokens go as high as $30. Too bad the whole thing is obviously rigged.

Actually money spent = zero.  All the money came from selling cards and TF2 items.  (was lucky to get a Foil Summer card and made over $3 from it) :)

Spent a total of 185$ on about 65 games in total, which may seem like a lot but I managed to get a ton of great games which I hadn't played before and also some of those cheap hidden gems that Vitalius suggested :)

This is the whole list I bought;

Adventures of Shuggy

Afterfall Insanity - Dirty Arena Edition

Batman Arkham Origins

BioShock Triple Pack

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Capsized

Commandos Pack

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Critical Mass

Defy Gravity

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Dishonored (ROW)

DLC Quest

Edge

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Flight of the Icarus

Fowl Space

Gumboy Tournament

Hitman Absolution

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

LYNE

Mashed

Metro Last Light Complete

Portal 2

Puzzler World

Puzzler World 2

Real Horror Stories Expansion

Roogoo

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete

Swarm Arena

Terraria

The Witcher 2

They Breathe

Toki Tori

Tomb Raider ROW

Trine 2: Complete Story

Ultrabundle

Velvet Assassin

Looks like you have a lot of hours ahead of you(gameplay)! Better kiss the gf goodbye if you have one!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Spent a total of 185$ on about 65 games in total, which may seem like a lot but I managed to get a ton of great games which I hadn't played before and also some of those cheap hidden gems that Vitalius suggested :)

This is the whole list I bought;

Adventures of Shuggy

Afterfall Insanity - Dirty Arena Edition

Batman Arkham Origins

BioShock Triple Pack

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Capsized

Commandos Pack

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Critical Mass

Defy Gravity

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Dishonored (ROW)

DLC Quest

Edge

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Flight of the Icarus

Fowl Space

Gumboy Tournament

Hitman Absolution

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

LYNE

Mashed

Metro Last Light Complete

Portal 2

Puzzler World

Puzzler World 2

Real Horror Stories Expansion

Roogoo

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete

Swarm Arena

Terraria

The Witcher 2

They Breathe

Toki Tori

Tomb Raider ROW

Trine 2: Complete Story

Ultrabundle

Velvet Assassin

Also did you get afterfall after what i said? It's a fantastic indie title. Still needs some solid work though

Also decided to pull the trigger for wolfenstein and I am not disappointed! Love it!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

At the end of the Steam Summer Sale or whatever I have to say I got things I wanted for the price I wanted to pay for them so all is good. I also am happy to have made some money off of selling cards. I didn't make as much as I could have off doing that though but it was for good reason as I got caught up playing NHL 14 with my son into the wee hours of the morning and we had loads of laughs and were smiling so much and that is something we needed for awhile so better than any extra Steam cash I missed out on. Hmmmm eh I will say there were a few games I didn't buy that I usually would have but hey maybe they will be cheaper in the next big Steam sale and besides I have a back log up the *** anyway so who cares.

Hope everyone got what they wanted and would really like to hear if any LTTers got a great item worth loads when crafting a badge.

NHL games= best sports games ever made and I'm not a crazy hockey fan either

Here's what I got. Definitely no girlfriend for me lol

Total $127.28

post-4564-0-53509400-1404176682.png

post-4564-0-53509400-1404176682.png

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Recent Steam Store Transactions for Your Account
DATE
TOTAL
EVENT
ITEMS
Jun 28, 2014
$13.48
Purchase
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Deluxe Edition, Payday: The Heist

Jun 28, 2014
$27.45
Purchase
Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed III - Season Pass

Jun 27, 2014
$11.98
Purchase
Outlast, Amnesia Collection

Jun 25, 2014
$11.97
Purchase
World of Goo, Awesomenauts, Rayman Legends

Jun 25, 2014
N/A
Failed
World of Goo, Awesomenauts, Rayman Legends

Jun 24, 2014
$12.47
Purchase
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist - High Power Pack DLC Steam Store and Retail Key, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Homeland DLC Steam Store and Retail Key

Jun 22, 2014
$9.38
Purchase
Fable The Lost Chapters, Antichamber

Jun 22, 2014
$5.00
Wallet Credit
Wallet $5.00 Credit

Jun 21, 2014
$5.99
Purchase
The Stanley Parable

Jun 20, 2014
$9.98
Purchase
Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC

Jun 19, 2014
$3.74
Purchase
Max Payne Bundle

Jun 19, 2014
$14.03
Purchase
Terraria, Van Helsing II

Jun 19, 2014
$13.98
Purchase
Half-Life Complete, Don't Starve - Reign of Giants

Jun 19, 2014
$10.00
Wallet Credit
Wallet $10.00 Credit

Jun 11, 2014
$

Someone Total This

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Someone Total This

I ain't your (hot) secretary! *proceeds to total @Assassin's purchases*

One hundred, thirty-four dollars, and forty-five cents. In case your reading skills are inadequate: $134.45.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Got a bunch of games, gotta get a controller for Brothers though lol

Yes. That thing hurts my brain. 

And it sucks too, because my controller is weird. The little brother is fine. His controls are correct. The big brother is not. His Y axis is inverted. It literally hurts my brain to try and control them simultaneously because of this.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yes. That thing hurts my brain. 

And it sucks too, because my controller is weird. The little brother is fine. His controls are correct. The big brother is not. His Y axis is inverted. It literally hurts my brain to try and control them simultaneously because of this.

What kind of suck twisted world did that controller come from?

I use a good old fashioned Xbox 360 controller (USB) with my PC and I have to commend the level of native support it has in a huge amount of PC titles, and I recommend the controller as a no1 choice for PC.

I also use a Sony DualShock 2 over a USB interface for emulation, it's basically my favourite controller ever.

What kind of suck twisted world did that controller come from?

I use a good old fashioned Xbox 360 controller (USB) with my PC and I have to commend the level of native support it has in a huge amount of PC titles, and I recommend the controller as a no1 choice for PC.

I also use a Sony DualShock 2 over a USB interface for emulation, it's basically my favourite controller ever.

IKR? It's a Final Fantasy XIV controller. Literally, a controller made for that MMO. It was cheap, looked decent quality wise, and most importantly, has a PS controller layout, so I figured it'd be good for PC games. 

31yVgy6KAYL._SY300_.jpg

It's $50 on Amazon, but it was about half that when I bought it. I think it's not being made anymore. I like it because there's a function button that basically lets you press F1-F12 using the controller. Useful in emulators for save states, fast forward, etc. Basically gives the controller 12 utility buttons.

I don't think it's the controller's fault though. It works fine 90% of the time. 9% of the time, I can use the Xbox 360 controller emulator program to make it work right. However, I haven't tried it in Brother yet. I need to. It just didn't work natively. 

Same here. The PS controller is my favorite controller. In general. I don't see the logic in the Xbox controller layout personally. I just don't like them. I can use them (Halo FTW), but I really prefer not to.

† Christian Member †

Xbox 360 controller all the way, even the aftermarket ones.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I try and use keyboard/mouse as much as a possible. But there comes a point where the 360 controller provides much more ease and a better experience imho

I try and use keyboard/mouse as much as a possible. But there comes a point where the 360 controller provides much more ease and a better experience imho

I don't see how you people do it personally. It makes so much more sense to me for the thumbsticks to be in PS layout than XB layout. Maybe it's just that I grew up on Playstation. I dunno. 

I do know the XB layout prevents me from being able to press all the buttons at relatively the same time. That irritates me to no end. I'd never play Kingdom Hearts with a XB layout controller. It'd be such a handicap. It'd be like trying to play Counter Strike with a controller. Just no.

† Christian Member †

peeled and eaten

That FFXIV controller reminds me of the prototype, "banana" controller for the PS3.

banana_man--article_image.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I grew up with Playstation as well as I would much rather use a ds controller than a 360 one. But I like the nativity of the 360 in the computer environment

That FFXIV controller reminds me of the prototype, "banana" controller for the PS3.

Posted Image

Would have been God awful

Would have been God awful

It's would have been tasty and smooth, though. So smooth and rounded that it'd slip out of your hands.

ps3contrllrdtls_l1.jpg

And this - if it was ever considered - would have taken "playing with balls" to a whole new level.

Adam-Portilla-1.jpg

It's would have been tasty and smooth, though. So smooth and rounded that it'd slip out of your hands.

Posted Image

And this - if it was ever considered - would have taken "playing with balls" to a whole new level.

Posted Image

Now that's a controller!! Lmfao

Now that's a controller!! Lmfao

You want controllers? I'll give ya controllers!  :angry:

funny-table-SNES-controller-design.jpg

FunnyPart-com-elaborate_controller.jpg

latest-funny-cool-new-high-technology-ga

050309_mouse_t.jpg

You want controllers? I'll give ya controllers! :angry:

funny-table-SNES-controller-design.jpgFunnyPart-com-elaborate_controller.jpglatest-funny-cool-new-high-technology-ga050309_mouse_t.jpg

I love all of them especially the third one I could land a plane with that one!

I love all of them especially the third one I could land a plane with that one!

It's called the Avenger Controller. It's anywhere from a cheap extra arm for $9.99 to the full thing on the PS4 and Xbox One for $69.99. Here's the product page.

It's called the Avenger Controller. It's anywhere from a cheap extra arm for $9.99 to the full thing on the PS4 and Xbox One for $69.99. Here's the product page.

I sense that controller is for a noob whom thinks if he gets this he will prestige 2739 times in cod on his console within a 12 hour peroid