Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

Here are some renders for a CAD school project I did a while ago.

I designed my own kickdrum-pedal, tailoring it to my own playstyle.

cy6eekL.jpg

Here are some more samples:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxEQp4MB6sfTNjNyeFBTRzVLUEk&usp=sharing

The strap is for illustrative purposes only, in case anyone were wondering why it doesn't look like it's properly connected to the footboard and cam.

I got the equivalent of an A/A+ for my project.

From Blender

MV7paBl.jpg

To reality

xcC6Sr4.jpg

The print's quality is still pretty mediocre but nothing which couldn't be fixed with sandpaper, though. 

I am already happy that I am now be able to print things like this without support.  

• 2 weeks later...

Chess pawn, I have no idea how to add surfaces or colors to objects yet as I have just started with blender.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

We all started with simple shapes and models, you will get better.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Chess pawn, I have no idea how to add surfaces or colors to objects yet as I have just started with blender.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

I'd suggest learning correct topology flow. With it you will be to model whatever you want to

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I'd suggest learning correct topology flow. With it you will be to model whatever you want to

I can do the modeling, Its the shaders and textures I havent figured out yet.

I can do the modeling, Its the shaders and textures I havent figured out yet.

You will find huge difference between a model which is usable and which is just there to be. Try to model a human face and make it usable for animation and tell me how many vertices ended up with 5 edges. Of course not knowing how to shade or texture says that you can't know how to model. Maybe just basic things

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

You will find huge difference between a model which is usable and which is just there to be. Try to model a human face and make it usable for animation and tell me how many vertices ended up with 5 edges. Of course not knowing how to shade or texture says that you can't know how to model. Maybe just basic things

Except I do... I am not modeling a human face, I am trying to model solid objects to be produced in real life. take your blinders off, not everyone has the same goals you do. modeling isn't just for animation.

Except I do... I am not modeling a human face, I am trying to model solid objects to be produced in real life. take your blinders off, not everyone has the same goals you do. modeling isn't just for animation.

its not about the goals. You can go online and find free 3d models of whatever you want to, the difference will be in optimization, clean topology and usability. When you modeled your pawn did you have one vertice at the top with loads of edges or did you have a quad? If you have a quad you will understand that clean topology is the necessity to have artifact proof model. If you have vertice, you have things to learn in modeling  :P

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think so. I tried and it looks like this:

[sketchfab]ef7edea17dcc47388270785c0f302bb3[/sketchfab]

Anyway 'tis been a while since my last post here, and I think I did a few more things besides this one but I either am too lazy to look for them atm....or they look bleh. xD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Blender will get volumetric rendering support on CUDA

GTX760

kkXgSTM.png

Xeon E3 1230v3

9go7pJr.png

14 minutes ago, DerakDerantick said:

So what's the Uh guys, something went wrong with the shotgun.103.png

Seriously though: I got a request from a friend who's making a full VR (Hydraulic seat, StrikerVR, Oculus Rift) game to make some assets for him and I made this from my shotgun thing. It's not done, but interesting how something can become so different in just a days worth of modelling.

so what's the problem with it? looks good to me?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, DerakDerantick said:

It's not a shotgun anymore.

Just looks like a futuristic shotgun to me with muzzle brakes looks good. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to lock the multi-cut tool in Maya to a right angle so I can create straight cuts? 

Edit: also how do you offset edges. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

8 hours ago, moderategamer said:

Does anyone know how to lock the multi-cut tool in Maya to a right angle so I can create straight cuts? 

Edit: also how do you offset edges. 

Hold ctrl will give you an edge loop and holding shift will snap it at 10% intervals (straight cuts). In terms of angle at specific degrees no idea. 

17 hours ago, multifrag said:

Hold ctrl will give you an edge loop and holding shift will snap it at 10% intervals (straight cuts). In terms of angle at specific degrees no idea. 

Thanks yeah I know about them unfortunately they don't help me, I can't believe there is no way to offset an edge or lock the cut tool to 90 degrees how am I supposed to get anything done accurately without the ability to do these things even sketchup has these tools if I'm not mistaken.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Here's something I've been working on for a while now. Last summer I started designing a M-ATX case because why the hell not. Realistically it probably just stay in Autodesk's Fusion360 servers, but if I could bring it to life, well, that would be lit.

post-189833-0-11700300-1451965006_thumb.post-189833-0-07149400-1451964998_thumb.post-189833-0-35234100-1451964996_thumb.post-189833-0-70913100-1451964994_thumb.

ASU

• 3 weeks later...