Nvidia Admits "We're Falling Behind on the Frame Rate Race"

Can you honestly say that these have completely different meanings ?

For me the text changed, but the meaning is exactly the same.

The first quote was cut down too ! nobody cares about the first quote though right ?

I still maintain the meaning was not altered in any way and a link was provided for the interview so people can watch the whole thing for themselves.

Nop, the first quote isn't important, the second was. I personally find there to be a big difference in the interpretation of the correct and the alerted quote

How's that different from what's in the OP ?

Because what he said wasn't just something he added on at the end, it got a lot of its meaning from, and had strong tie ins with what they just talked about. In very short what he said was "here are some problems AMD have, there are some techniques to improve the impact of these, and we have worked a lot with getting rid of these problems, that's why fraps doesn't give as good results on our solutions and that's what I'm here to tell you all about." (Earlier they had talked about why the fraps approach is faulty)

Because what he said wasn't just something he added on at the end, it got a lot of its meaning from, and had strong tie ins with what they just talked about. In very short what he said was "here are some problems AMD have, there are some techniques to improve the impact of these, and we have worked a lot with getting rid of these problems, that's why fraps doesn't give as good results on our solutions and that's what I'm here to tell you all about." (Earlier they had talked about why the fraps approach is faulty)

I honestly don't see anything wrong with what was stated in the OP, I had watched the video before & after reading this topic & I found that proper context was provided.

And it doesn't change the fact that Nvidia did say that they're falling behind on the raw frame rate race, that's why I find this push to discredited what was said to be irreverent because it was in fact said.

•  
  •  

Yes I can, but honestly there isn't a reason to argue with you. Whether the meaning is different or not in your mind, you misquoted a quote. When you are directly quoting an article, as I said, you make NOTE of it. This allows the reader to know. What you did, in your original post was claim a quote was original, by not notating it that it was altered or edited by your hand. You ALSO, which I probably should have mentioned, the time stamp in the video instead of saying it's a long video. By the title of this thread being misleading, by misquoting;  I understand why Nvidia came to Linus, since he owns the forum. The quote being misleading led to AMD putting a misleading article out there, that effects a lot of people whether it is how they are perceived or stirring the pot.

The only part that was taken out was this

we go off and make our quality experience fantastic

And I cannot fathom how that can change the fact that Nvidia also said this

then effectively we're kind of falling behind on the space race for raw frame rate

So no, the meaning didn't change at all.

Yes I can, but honestly there isn't a reason to argue with you. Whether the meaning is different or not in your mind, you misquoted a quote. When you are directly quoting an article, as I said, you make NOTE of it. This allows the reader to know. What you did, in your original post was claim a quote was original, by not notating it that it was altered or edited by your hand. You ALSO, which I probably should have mentioned, the time stamp in the video instead of saying it's a long video. By the title of this thread being misleading, by misquoting;  I understand why Nvidia came to Linus, since he owns the forum. The quote being misleading led to AMD putting a misleading article out there, that effects a lot of people whether it is how they are perceived or stirring the pot.

This whole thread is about Nvidia admitting that they're falling behind on the frame rate race, whether some other thing that's completely unrelated to that was said or not is irreverent.

They did in fact say that :

then effectively we're kind of falling behind on the space race for raw frame rate

And this was not misquoted

This whole thread is about Nvidia admitting that they're falling behind on the frame rate race, whether some other thing that's completely unrelated to that was said or not is irreverent.

They did in fact say that :

And this was not misquoted

Whats the difference between RAW frame rate (Which you forgot was in the quote you made) and Frame Rate? There is one, a BIG one, that I think you are missing and if you understand the difference, then you will actually understand WHY I say this was misleading as hell.

Whats the difference between RAW frame rate (Which you forgot was in the quote you made) and Frame Rate? There is one, a BIG one, that I think you are missing and if you understand the difference, then you will actually understand WHY I say this was misleading as hell.

Your confusing frame rate with frame latency.

There is NO difference between raw image quality & image quality, there is NO difference between raw performance & performance.

just like there is no difference between raw frame rate & frame rate !

adding the word raw doesn't change anything !

Believe whom ever you want, I tend not to believe what PR personnel say over independent reviewers & journalists.

You have to realize that Tom Peterson was wrong to say what he said as a PR person, & nvidia is trying to do damage control now.

•  
  •  

yes you can

firstly a thing and one thing is 2 difrent things

2nd raw frame and frame is a big difrence

raw frame is what programs see like fraps

while frame rate is what is displayed on screen after beeing rendered by the gpu

"And people don't get to really understand it"

understand what ? thats what happen when you cut out half of the sentence the main thing disapers

what he say is

"Because the thing that I want to make sure doesn’t happen is we go off and make our quality experience fantastic, and people don’t get  to really understand it"

what he say is that they did a good jobb but ppl dont get to see it thats why we go out talking to ppl so that they can understand it

strangly enought the last part you didnt change anything because you removed the part before that explain why he say it

"then effectively we're kind of falling behind on the space race for raw frame rate & that's another major reason why we're talking."

so they talking to explain why they dont have the higest posible FPS today because ppl been complaining a while abouth frame latency

so they been working on fixing those problems that ppl complained abouth

those complains been around for a while already (since SLI/Crossfire started?)

so why is it that Nvidia already have most the problems fixed while AMD just noticed? do that mean AMD dont lisen to customers ?

or just that they didnt know what the problem was before pcper and nvidia went public with it?

so yes your quote can have difrent meanings when you cut out half the sentence

as a example a thing is when 2 people like each other

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A%20Thing

and as a single game card AMD is better exept titan but price is high compared to AMD cards, but when doing other things then gaming, Nvidia is better atleast in my experience.

Can you edit the article again, please, and put the left out text back to bold red? Changing the edited words from bold red to all the same font, all italics, and just some underlining is a little harder for people to read and understand what was missing.

When we said we don't want the sponsorships to change you, this is exactly what we meant.

You shouldn't be doing Nvidia's job for them Linus.

We like you because you know what you're talking about & you're independent, fair & unbiased.

If Nvidia wanted to get their point across they should've responded to this thread just like Swiftech's CEO did to the H220 thread.

This is my site and rather than NVIDIA's PR coming in and starting a flame war directly with forum members over such a hotly contested subject, I'm GLAD they came to me so that we could come to an agreement about how they should engage with the community. They did the right thing.

With that said, I didn't mind Gabe coming in and setting the record straight, and if Jen-Hsun came into the thread, I also wouldn't question him. It's all about what's appropriate given the position of the individuals involved.

Your confusing frame rate with frame latency.

There is NO difference between raw image quality & image quality, there is NO difference between raw performance & performance.

just like there is no difference between raw frame rate & frame rate !

adding the word raw doesn't change anything !

Believe whom ever you want, I tend not to believe what PR personnel say over independent reviewers & journalists.

You have to realize that Tom Peterson was wrong to say what he said as a PR person, & nvidia is trying to do damage control now.

then why do cameras have raw setings for better picture?

raw means pre rendered

so as soon as something is rendered its not raw anymore

same with food its raw till you cook it

same goes then for raw frame rate after the gpu rendred it to the screen then its a frame rate

This is my site and rather than NVIDIA's PR coming in and starting a flame war directly with forum members over such a hotly contested subject, I'm GLAD they came to me so that we could come to an agreement about how they should engage with the community. They did the right thing.

With that said, I didn't mind Gabe coming in and setting the record straight, and if Jen-Hsun came into the thread, I also wouldn't question him. It's all about what's appropriate given the position of the individuals involved.

I still can't believe a thread in LinusTechTips can make such a huge difference in such little time.

so yes your quote can have difrent meanings when you cut out half the sentence

as a example a thing is when 2 people like each other

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A%20Thing

ROFL ! are you seriously arguing that "a thing" in the context in which it was provided meant that Tom Peterson & Ryan Shrout had "a thing" for each other ? It's a conspiracy I tell you ! lol

The more I read the posts on this thread the more they make me Iaugh.

ROFL ! are you seriously arguing that "a thing" in the context in which it was provided meant that Tom Peterson & Ryan Shrout had "a thing" for each other ? It's a conspiracy I tell you ! lol

I think you misunderstood what they were trying to say... Giving an example of different meanings, not insinuating that Tom and Ryan had a thing.

no thats what you think when i wrote something

i just stated a fact that when you write words difrent they mean difrent things

what your brain things when reading it just stated the fact further

real quote was one thing

while changed quote was a thing so already there you say yourself that you read it difrent then the original quote

so thats the proof that the quote is changed into meaning something else =P

I think you misunderstood what they were trying to say... Giving an example of different meanings, not insinuating that Tom and Ryan had a thing

no thats what you think when i wrote something

i just stated a fact that when you write words difrent they mean difrent things

what your brain things when reading it just stated the fact further

real quote was one thing

while changed quote was a thing so already there you say yourself that you read it difrent then the original quote

so thats the proof that the quote is changed into meaning something else =P

I know, it was just a joke.

People get too worked up over the whole graphics brand wars, wanted to introduce a bit of humor to this thread.

People get too worked up over the whole graphics brand wars, wanted to introduce a bit of humor to this thread.

No offense intended when I say this, that is not how it reads, but that could be me. I do have an odd sense of humor. I like people like Dice and Valby.

People goes on forums to discuss things not to joke abouth it

and you said in other post the new qoute meant the same as the old quote

while it clearly dont

or was that just a joke too ?

when ppl discuss things the conversation becomes heated

so when you write jokes withouth marking it as a joke you will just light fire on 1 side of the conversation

so when you dont have a comment too add to the conversation its best just to keep quiet and make the jokes where it belongs.

tsbakke, on 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

tsbakke, on 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

People goes on forums to discuss things not to joke abouth it

and you said in other post the new qoute meant the same as the old quote

while it clearly dont

or was that just a joke too ?

when ppl discuss things the conversation becomes heated

so when you write jokes withouth marking it as a joke you will just light fire on 1 side of the conversation

so when you dont have a comment too add to the conversation its best just to keep quiet and make the jokes where it belongs.

like I said :

Discuss all you want, there is no need to attack me on a personal level and if "ROFL!", "LOL", "it's a conspiracy" and the fact I said "it's a joke" aren't "marking it as a joke" then I don't know what is.

like I said :

Discuss all you want, there is no need to attack me on a personal level and if "ROFL!" & "LOL" aren't an indicator of a joke then I don't know what is.

then you should also know that ROFL and LOL also is used to make funn off peoples posts and meanings so again when you dont have a comment abouth the topic then its better to stay quiet

can you explain me how i should know ROFL and LOL was meant as a joke and not as a insult to my post?

but then again i dont see the big problem if you didnt notice i also used =P in the end of my reply to you but did you take that as a sign that i understand you was making a joke or what ?

so again when you dont have a comment abouth the topic then its better to stay quiet

This comment & the one you made before it both are off-topic, I'm going to say this again so please understand, discuss all you want, there is no need to attack me on a personal level.

To Mods, this thread has run its course & the constructive discussions have been turned into a 1945 flaming Okinawa battlefield, I think a lock is in order.