Overclocking AMD FX-6100 3,3 Ghz 6 Core

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

For FX chips, it's pretty straightforward. I had an 8120, and overclocked it very easily. There's two methods to overclocking. You can do it from Windows, or do it in the BIOS. With my FX chip, I just increased the multiplier. I got it up to 4.2GHz without touching the voltage. How hot does your CPU get while running prime95? Gaming temps aren't reliable because your CPU hardly gets stressed out during games. Well, I guess it depends on the games you play.

Hello, I never overclocked an CPU and i want to overclock my AMD fx-6100 And have as CPU Cooler the Be Quiete! Shadow Rock Pro SR1 and i have 5 Fans in my case Running at 913 rpm and my CPU doesn't get hotter than

25 C ( 77 F) even when i'm gaming! I don't know how to overclock, i have seen some video's and stuff but i want to make shure that i could do it and how, haha. I Goolgle'd it and saw some people getting to 4,5 Ghz while it's a 3,3 Ghz Procesor.

Can someone give me advise how to overclock! Thank you! :D  

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

For FX chips, it's pretty straightforward. I had an 8120, and overclocked it very easily. There's two methods to overclocking. You can do it from Windows, or do it in the BIOS. With my FX chip, I just increased the multiplier. I got it up to 4.2GHz without touching the voltage. How hot does your CPU get while running prime95? Gaming temps aren't reliable because your CPU hardly gets stressed out during games. Well, I guess it depends on the games you play.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would watch some overclocking tutorials for FX chips then write down the things to look for like bus speed (don't need to worry about this much anymore), mulitplier, core voltage, load line calibration/Vdroop, disable the turbo settings. The best way to do it is through bios which is why I say write these things down. Also before you up your core voltage at all, check what motherboard you have and what power phase design is has and if the power phases have a heatsync on them.

It doesn't get hotter than 31 C 87 F! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

It doesn't get hotter than 31 C 87 F! 

Very nice. What would be your preference when overclocking? Also, I found this overclocking guide on TechRadar that should prove to be helpful for you. You can find it here. As I said though, just increase the multiplier slowly. You should be able to get a 4.2GHz overclock without touching the voltage. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Very nice. What would be your preference when overclocking? Also, I found this overclocking guide on TechRadar that should prove to be helpful for you. You can find it here. As I said though, just increase the multiplier slowly. You should be able to get a 4.2GHz overclock without touching the voltage. 

I have raised the CPU ratio to 20 and now it says on CPU-Z that the core speed 4000 MHz is so 4 Ghz! That's very nice! i think i'll keeping it this way! :D Thank you so Much!

Thanks guys! It worked!

I have raised the CPU ratio to 20 and now it says on CPU-Z that the core speed 4000 MHz is so 4 Ghz! That's very nice! i think i'll keeping it this way! :D Thank you so Much!

You're welcome. 

Don't forget to turn off the Turbo Settings in BIOS, can become unstable if it goes into a higher Turbo Setting than the chip can handle !