Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
22 minutes ago, Typho said:

Overlord? I don't know if you guys think it's bad or good but personally I found it pretty enjoyable. They don't really tell much of backstory or explain how the system works either but otherwise I think it was pretty nice to see some kind of anti-hero (well not really antihero.. but you get the point not like those kind of heroes in SAO and Log Horizon)

I found Overlord utterly terrible. Vaguely interesting premise, absolutely shite execution. The interesting ideas (MMO, him being an overlord, his emotional state, etc) were barely paid any lip service, and after 3 eps it turned into another standard "OP fantasy lead walks around" anime. The ending felt tacked on to remind us that he's an overlord, and that's about it.

2 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

My 770 has returned. Only took a month for them to get it. Stick it on a test bed. Tell me the vram is bad and send it back.

I guess now I just toss it in my case as a folding card and research vram replacement.

Noooo. i need to catch up man, dont add it yet. im in the 640s somewhere and climing, just gimme a month or 3 lol. though im glad you got it back

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Then GTFO!  Go be Random elsewhere!  You have committed assault on a member! /jk, But, seriously I'm not watching it for the jiggle as I hav actual women for that; however, gtfo!

nah mate. if not the fan service then why are you watching it lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

True, but you need a special tool to toy with VRAM on it.  A soldering iron is meant for other parts on the PCB mainly ones with solder joints herp a derp, but I forgot that tool's name they use on the VRAM.  It might come to me later when my brain isn't stuck in paper work mode.

Im not sure what package type vram tends to be in I assume not dip but maybe some type of smd so maybe a reflow oven or heat gun to desolder it.

Well just got back a reply from corsair rebates about my missing rebate Cards(not card....)

Though im kinda scared on how much info they game out considering how much i gave them. I just gave them a tracking number and they gave out every bit of info out from names to numbers, emails to addresses. its kinda scary. disappointed though since they basically just restated what i said in the email.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.28439f3f791a3410e5271

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

46 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm kicking you out of the club because I can't stop watching To Love-Ru!  This is considered assault on a fellow otaku.  Your punishment is either to watch all of Freezing, or gtfo.

Don't you think that Freezing is a bit harsh? I got cancer from the first 10 minutes of episode 1.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

26 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You do know VRAM is literally attached to the GPU's board right?  So, unless you're like Washu or me!  I wouldn't suggest doing it.

Yep.

24 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Noooo. i need to catch up man, dont add it yet. im in the 640s somewhere and climing, just gimme a month or 3 lol. though im glad you got it back

You can catch up in the summer.

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Every few updates!  Windows 10 runs into more random fucking crashes, "Whea_uncorrectable_error"  Odd that windows is reporting an unstable OC when this only happens with updated files.  MS fix ya shit!  Seriously, how is it an unstable OC when the error is linked to corrupted files from a bad update?

Because windows 10. But it can never be windows fault because microsoft is perfect. They would never release anything broken.

Blarg

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm a Norseman!  Nothing is too harsh!

Are you like one of those guys who can swim in a frozen lake naked?

30 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I found Overlord utterly terrible. Vaguely interesting premise, absolutely shite execution. The interesting ideas (MMO, him being an overlord, his emotional state, etc) were barely paid any lip service, and after 3 eps it turned into another standard "OP fantasy lead walks around" anime. The ending felt tacked on to remind us that he's an overlord, and that's about it.

I enjoyed the anime, but it's just one of those "oh hey we're in an MMO" animes that don't constrain themselves within the limits of an MMO.  Basically everything so far pales in comparison to Log Horizon S1 (even S2).

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

4 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

I enjoyed the anime, but it's just one of those "oh hey we're in an MMO" animes that don't constrain themselves within the limits of an MMO.  Basically everything so far pales in comparison to Log Horizon S1 (even S2).

I wouldn't even consider it to be related to MMOs. That angle isn't used for anything past explaining how MC got there, and why he has superpowers.

1 hour ago, Daegun said:

But she doesn't wear a bra, so where else would she get support from?

Besides, it's given us all this wonderful fanart.

9f1e5940d24dc3d66be785547a85b8e2.jpg

wow i never would have thought that outfit looks so horrific on saber. it's perfect on blondie and garcher though 

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, today is going to be fun!  I have to fill out financial aid/FAFSA stuff for the year as I'm going back to uni in the fall for my BS.Computer Science/Programming degree with a track in video game deving.  The school has a game lab with dev enabled ps4s and xbos. o.O  So, I kinda wanna go there.  But, I also have to write an essay of why I want to go there.  This thing has to be like MLA perfection.  I have to use this site called the common application.

ah the common app. the thing colleges apparently like to use 

ah the common app. the thing colleges apparently like to use 

Hmm, so tapatalk won't let me quote your whole post for some reason.

Anyways, I thought that was the point.[emoji14]There are also Tohsaka and Sakura ones, but they aren't really funny.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

@wolfgang 3million down. Only 11million to go lol. Im averaging between 500k to 700k a day. Though im about to start folding durning the night only, so i can actually use my pc 

lol i went on a weird hybrid fuko nagisa route in clannad and when fuko was disappearing while holding my hand i was crying :'( and then she congratulated her sister and I was smiling while crying :')

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm kicking you out of the club because I can't stop watching To Love-Ru!  This is considered assault on a fellow otaku.  Your punishment is either to watch all of Freezing, or gtfo.

Last time I checked, I'm the one who does the removal of members.

72IgBo8.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

22 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

lol i went on a weird hybrid fuko nagisa route in clannad and when fuko was disappearing while holding my hand i was crying :'( and then she congratulated her sister and I was smiling while crying :')

No need to call it weird; Watching Clannad is like cutting onions, but with a fuzzier, warmer feeling at the end.

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Last time I checked, I'm the one who does the removal of members.

Rekt

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Who's the CEO? I'm the CEO.

I didn't know we had Satsuki Kiryuin running the show damn son

Just now, Kenji6 said:

I didn't know we had Satsuki Kiryuin running the show damn son

That's actually Fujiwara no Mokou from Touhou. She's got a pretty sad backstory but she's pretty badass.

p81ftLQ.png

FYI, I'm the co founder of this club. Luclocke well @JLCitadel recently changed his forum name is the founder but he's really never around anymore. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

That's actually Fujiwara no Mokou from Touhou. She's got a pretty sad backstory but she's pretty badass.

-

FYI, I'm the co founder of this club. Luclocke well @JLCitadel recently changed his forum name is the founder but he's really never around anymore. 

Appreciate the info, and yeah I know she's not Satsuki, the pic just reminded me of the heel click shot from KLK.

So how are you guys doing?

4 minutes ago, Kenji6 said:

Appreciate the info, and yeah I know she's not Satsuki, the pic just reminded me of the heel click shot from KLK.

So how are you guys doing?

Just got home, about to make dinner.

damn verizon managed to catch me using popcorn time. got an email detailing that i infringed copyright laws, but it was only a warning. i feel one reason they found out is that they're monitoring meta traffic, or someone is monitoring it. i have no idea how far this could affect privacy but i'm a bit suspicious about it. though that doesn't really matter since using popcorn time is technically illegal, and i should already know that. it still comes down to the fact that verizon found out relatively quickly, and they most likely wouldn't have found out unless they were monitoring network packets. 

Just now, Technicolors said:

damn verizon managed to catch me using popcorn time. got an email detailing that i infringed copyright laws, but it was only a warning. i feel one reason they found out is that they're monitoring meta traffic, or someone is monitoring it. i have no idea how far this could affect privacy but i'm a bit suspicious about it. though that doesn't really matter since using popcorn time is technically illegal, and i should already know that. it still comes down to the fact that verizon found out relatively quickly, and they most likely wouldn't have found out unless they were monitoring network packets. 

I doubt they are the ones that caught you they did however warn when someone contacted them about the ip I would assume.

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Well that sucks, time to be extra sneaky?