Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

What don't you guys like about the forum? As for the broken things (I'm not even sure what's broken, but I haven't messed around with the new forum that much), the web team knows this, has acknowledged it, and are working on it. Give it a week or two for everything to settle in.

COMIC SANS

People are looking real salty about now. I mean, I get it, people hate change and all that. Some things are missing and some things are broken, but you got to keep in mind that it has been live for like, a day. Give them a chance to smooth stuff out before whining so much.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

oh guys... if your having problems with stretchin gthe screen and all check this out.

@MyInnerFred yea i noticed gingers and was like wow so i made one lol

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

You said you made Ginger, so you must be his dad.

Your dad doesn't love you.

28 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It started with a typo by Fred somewhere, and we made a running joke out of it.

Tell that to my ancestors.

I feel like I tracked it back to the top post based on your post below it.

31 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

DAMIT, the automotive grade double sided tape that I use to hold the powerstrip to the bottom of my desk has failed yet again. DAM...

I need to find stronger double sided tape. Any suggestions? I need them... 

they call that glue.

In other, more on-topic news, I have been watching Cromartie High School. It's a great comedy. The GAR, the dry humor. It all just works.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

3 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

What don't you guys like about the forum? As for the broken things (I'm not even sure what's broken, but I haven't messed around with the new forum that much), the web team knows this, has acknowledged it, and are working on it. Give it a week or two for everything to settle in.

It's grating to me. Everything I had figured out how to bypass and find a more efficient way to do is gone. So now I'm back to grind stone doing things. Yes, it's slightly more work, but it's annoying as hell and constant. 

It's not just what is broken. The editor is gone. I used the editor to bypass the bugs the old editor had. This editor has bugs too. I expect them to be fixed the same way I expected the last editor's bugs to be fixed: Never. 

I'm going to give them a month. But I doubt they will fix what irks me since I can't even tell you what irks me specifically, but whatever it is, it's constant and everywhere on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Avericious said:

People are looking real salty about now. I mean, I get it, people hate change and all that. Some things are missing and some things are broken, but you got to keep in mind that it has been live for like, a day. Give them a chance to smooth stuff out before whining so much.

I don't think they will fix the things that irritate me is my issue. I hope I'm wrong. I doubt I will be.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, Vitalius said:

It's grating to me. Everything I had figured out how to bypass and find a more efficient way to do is gone. So now I'm back to grind stone doing things. Yes, it's slightly more work, but it's annoying as hell and constant. 

It's not just what is broken. The editor is gone. I used the editor to bypass the bugs the old editor had. This editor has bugs too. I expect them to be fixed the same way I expected the last editor's bugs to be fixed: Never. 

I'm going to give them a month. But I doubt they will fix what irks me since I can't even tell you what irks me specifically, but whatever it is, it's constant and everywhere on this forum.

I don't think they will fix the things that irritate me is my issue. I hope I'm wrong. I doubt I will be.

What do you mean by "the editor is gone?" It's still here, or am I just not understanding what you mean...?

COMIC SANS

1 hour ago, helping said:

It's amazing

strap in for bad times and flipped tables ahead for the ending though

(you should probably go with sub, I know that you will but stating the obvious)

Even the Japanese prefer the dub.

3 minutes ago, Avericious said:

I lament the days when software was actually tested before release. I mean, I can understand upgrading, but if you're breaking more than you're fixing, then what's the point? Load times suck, the theme is harder to read and takes up a lot of space, and the comment editor is pretty buggy. I almost wonder if they even beta tested this, but then I know how useless beta testing has become over the years.

9 minutes ago, Charger said:

I feel like I tracked it back to the top post based on your post below it.

Oh, so blame it all on me lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

On a different note, some things to look forward to in the new Plex server. 

• Movie and TV show bitrates have been increased to 3500, unless the only source I could find was below that, in which case I apologize.
  • Movies and possibly TV shows are gonna get subtitles, yay.
  • I've upped the anime bitrate from 1500 to 2000. @helping I hope that works better for you. :P

COMIC SANS

14 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Well it looks like a really broken chatroom for one. And overall it just feels well tbh like it has a fisher price GUI.

I would say my biggest gripe is with the new gui. All the other things are annoying but I can work around them unlike the gui, which I can recolor but never fully change.

Here is what I've been working on though:

Spoiler

dVzPPI0.png

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

10 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

What do you mean by "the editor is gone?" It's still here, or am I just not understanding what you mean...?

The old editor had a BBCode option where you could see the tags and such.

Now, the forum uses mostly HTML instead of BBCode to render things, so they removed the BBCode editor and didn't add in an HTML editor in it's place.

So now, if something breaks, you may as well copy what you need and reload the page because there's no manually fixing it.

Charger is having issues because a reply of his is stuck in his editor, so he can't use the forum effectively. imeanreally

Ok, so, here is an example: Reply pops up for this thread. I go to click. It disappears before I click to load it. FML because I can't just copy/paste, but I can't just reload the page because then I lose my post. 

"Why don't you just open a new tab if you want to see what was posted?" Because what if I want to quote them. I can't transfer that.

That is infuriating when I had a perfectly manageable solution before where I would switch to code mode, copy the whole thing, and just reload the page, repaste and continue on.

Obviously this isn't that big of a deal. But it's the little things in life that irritate me. Not the big.

I'm mad the code editor is gone because I expect the forum software to not work, and so I prefer to have an option of fixing things myself where I can.

9 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I lament the days when software was actually tested before release. I mean, I can understand upgrading, but if you're breaking more than you're fixing, then what's the point? Load times suck, the theme is harder to read and takes up a lot of space, and the comment editor is pretty buggy. I almost wonder if they even beta tested this, but then I know how useless beta testing has become over the years.

orly

IKR. You get it. I view it almost universally as a downgrade.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The old editor had a BBCode option where you could see the tags and such.

Now, the forum uses mostly HTML instead of BBCode to render things, so they removed the BBCode editor and didn't add in an HTML editor in it's place.

So now, if something breaks, you may as well copy what you need and reload the page because there's no manually fixing it now.

Charger is having issues because a reply of his is stuck in his editor, so he can't use the forum effectively. imeanreally

I want the old code view back lol.

I no longer have the reply box problem but it still lasted through a few posts and pissed me off for some time trying to post with that. Why the fuck do you have to ctrl right click to remove a quote from the reply box...

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

I want the old code view back lol.

I no longer have the reply box problem but it still lasted through a few posts and pissed me off for some time trying to post with that. Why the fuck do you have to ctrl right click to remove a quote from the reply box...

So, if you click the quote, you'll see a blue line around it. There are two fields in the quote object. The entire quote, and the text.

If you click the outer border, then press backspace, it will delete the quote. If you click the inner border, you will be editing the text.

I'm not gonna lie. Part of this is the learning experience and the fact it's unintuitive. This is why I am giving it time.

You can copy/paste quote boxes as well, so apparently just copying the entire post directly out of the box is fine now. I don't expect it to always be, but we'll see.

† Christian Member †

3 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

IKR. You get it. I view it almost universally as a downgrade.

Thing is, I can sense the bits that would make this upgrade worthwhile, and I'd be perfectly willing to use it as a beta-tester until it was polished and some info was given on how to manage with the changes. This isn't just a visual change, it's like completely different forum software. Not even Firefox makes UI changes that are this drastic.

Just now, BashZeStampeedo said:

Thing is, I can sense the bits that would make this upgrade worthwhile, and I'd be perfectly willing to use it as a beta-tester until it was polished and some info was given on how to manage with the changes. This isn't just a visual change, it's like completely different forum software. Not even Firefox makes UI changes that are this drastic.

I'm starting to see some of my frustrations going away. Being able to copy quotes in the editor directly means you don't need the code view to do it. 

† Christian Member †

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

So, if you click the quote, you'll see a blue line around it. There are two fields in the quote object. The entire quote, and the text.

If you click the outer border, then press backspace, it will delete the quote. If you click the inner border, you will be editing the text.

I'm not gonna lie. Part of this is the learning experience and the fact it's unintuitive. This is why I am giving it time.

You can copy/paste quote boxes as well, so apparently just copying the entire post directly out of the box is fine now. I don't expect it to always be, but we'll see.

stupid me tried just about every thing to delete the fucking thing but couldn't until I found the hidden crtl right click menu. One of the main problems I was having as a result of that popping up was that it wouldn't add quotes to the reply box. I was finally able to do it buy using multi quote and having to click in side the reply box and them click the reply to quotes button. 

32 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

To avoid coming off super negitaive ill start with things i like
I like the new like system(should help with judging how useful a person is vs 1 that like farms). Looks modern(though i could care less), like how pngs are looking as profile pics, like the new user profile layout, and the drop add content is kinda nice.

things i dislike
Shift + enter to make a line break, preview function is gone, profile pics are square now, site is slow and unoptimized, the way pposts dont stretch across the monitor(dead space), hate that you cant change the name of spoiler(actually i hate how the new spoiler is), dont like the way signature line hides your shit. 

I can get used to most though i would prefer the old forum back(especially if it says as slow as it is now), change is a good thing, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the last. and would like to be able to modify the "Member" tag under you name on the left, since i worked so hard to not shit post to 500 and actually earn it then have them remove it 2 days later(not lose, but make it where only people on your profile can see it).

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

stupid me tried just about every thing to delete the fucking thing but couldn't until I found the hidden crtl right click menu. One of the main problems I was having as a result of that popping up was that it wouldn't add quotes to the reply box. I was finally able to do it buy using multi quote and having to click in side the reply box and them click the reply to quotes button. 

Yeah, if you hit "reply to quotes" and you don't have the editor selected, it doesn't dump the quotes there. Weird imo.

† Christian Member †

I'm starting to see some of my frustrations going away. Being able to copy quotes in the editor directly means you don't need the code view to do it. 

Yes, and just typing in the spoiler tag works, and you can drag around the multiquoted comments to fix them or reorder them... like I said, I can see the good bits, but it'll take a while to adjust.

21 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Yes, and just typing in the spoiler tag works, and you can drag around the multiquoted comments to fix them or reorder them... like I said, I can see the good bits, but it'll take a while to adjust.

Where's the spoiler button tho?

Spoiler

test

Oh. The tags still work. Cool.

This has got to be the most Texas Stereotyped story ever. http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a1697/esq0299-feb-america-rev/

[Houston McCoy] left, stumbled into a student who said he had a high-powered rifle in his room, and drove the kid to get it. All this was normal that day--no one knew what was happening, and the various police swarming in were on their own lookout. There was no command center, no plan, no communication. Houston took the student and his scoped rifle back to campus and got up to the second-story window of a building facing the South Mall. He tried using the scoped rifle, but it was too jiggly for him--his west-Texas roots had been no money and open sights. He'd become a marksman as a kid by shooting turtles in the head, because if you hit them in the head, they don't sink. He looked down and saw Billy Speed crouched near the statue of Jefferson Davis. Claire Wilson was nearby, sprawled on the hot sidewalk and alive, but Houston did not notice her. "I was confused, bewildered, and bumfuzzled," he allows. What he did notice was a round ripping through his friend Billy Speed. Houston handed the rifle back to the student, who asked if he should shoot to kill. Houston answered, "Shoot the shit out of him."

Meanwhile, Houston McCoy ferried another student to get guns and ammunition. After the first fifteen minutes, the sniper was pinned down by students and other civilians who'd spontaneously flocked to the university area with deer rifles.

But this one is a contender: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/06/austin-cop-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman.html

† Christian Member †

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

What's special about it?

It's already half-english out the studio

edit: actually reading what some people say about it, the orders for redubbing were so vague that the scripts ended up pretty different, will probably rewatch dub too.

Error: 410

4 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Sorry 3: I'm just popping in here to say that Dagashi Kashi's Saya is my waifu. 3: Not yours plskthx.

I feel like I would like more information...

Just now, Charger said:

I feel like I would like more information...

Mmm. 3: The airing anime Dagashi Kashi. The sidemain character is called Saya. Tis mai waifu.

Moist