ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440P 120HZ MONITOR RELEASE DATE

YesItsMe

If only it were IPS...

IPS is too slow and I wouldn't want to game on it... the input lag is terrible.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

IPS is too slow and I wouldn't want to game on it... the input lag is terrible.

The input lag isn't there. IPSis better than TN

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

The input lag isn't there. IPSis better than TN

Sorry to rain on your parade here, but there have allready been about 200 pages of this discussion on Overclock.net and the simple conclusion, this monitor cannot be made with IPS. IPS is just to poor for a proper 120hz or 144hz (this is actully a 144hz, but as of now capped because of bandwith issues). asus stated that they could throw all the money they wanted at this monitor, but it could not have been made with IPS. as for the koreans, the color quality of those monitors when overclock is pooooorrr. really it is.

this is the best GAMING monitor we will se in a while. g-sync, fast respons times, most likely the best TN panel to date, high res, high refresh rates. and 3D if you care, maby even the first 1440p 3d monitor. and verry verry thin bezels. 

and to that hole TN vs IPS/PLS debate, a proper TN panel will always be better for gaming. IPS is just not responsive enough and while this might not matter in games like skyrim it's still great to have when you switch over to a FPS. this will most likely be a extremly good TN panel with 8/10 bit panel (if i'm not mistaken its a 8bit panel, but it reconizes 10bit) good colors, great contrast and black levels. it might fall abit short in color over a verry good IPS panel, but that tradeoff is worth it. and just a soo everyone know this is based on the few people that have seen this at CES, if i'm not mistaken linus saw this when he did the g-sync video at CES soo maby he has some inputs? 

Stop ruining our pessimism!

It's still pretty fucking expensive, that's what I'm planning on spending on my next system. But judging from Linus comments on the Samsung cheapo 4k one on the wan afterparty this might be the way to go for (rich, single or otherwise privileged) gamers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Still,too expensive.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Lmao gamers and their response time...too bad I beat half of them them with my beautiful ah-ips.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Lmao gamers and their response time...too bad I beat half of them them with my beautiful ah-ips.

Yeah fuck those other people who disagree with me, we all know that my opinion is superior to anything else.

Makes me sad to see people like you on LTT.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Still,too expensive.

not for mid range gamers

asus already said this monitor is for the high end who want the best

1440p + g-sync + 120hz = sli gaming setup so you get even 100fps at ultra settings in most games

beside g-sync module costs $200 and a 10 bit tn panel you get something around the +$600 range

haha tn go die.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't think that's too expensive

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

tn panels are better than ips, the end.

ips panels have horrible glow/bleed effects on many colors, so true sharpness is an extreme issue. ips panels have "slower pixels" meaning they can't get as good refresh rates. tn panels have less input lag and have a faster pixel transition. i can keep going on. any real gamer would rather go with a high quality tn or va 120hz monitor than an ips thingamajiger.

this is coming from someone whom owns a 1440p ips panel, and previously owned a 23" ips panel. they just aren't good for gaming.

If we're talking budget IPS vs this thing, maybe, but refer to my video as a response to your broad statement. This is a nice monitor, but for professional artists and graphic designers, you'll never convince one to ditch their Lacie for one of these. For what it is, though. I would trade my aging monitor for one. TN panels back then were complete trash, but people seem to forget that tech changes all the time. :D

rather have 3 x 27" Asus VG Series 1080p 120Hz/144Hz Debezeled  in portrait mode

im staying with 1080 for as long as i can play games at 60+FPS, to my eyes and personal

opinion i tried 1440p and its not that great, 4k is another story though, but my puny 780

can only handle so much :(

well i hope this lowers the price for those 27" then ill ve able to go 3 monitor setup yeah :P

Thanks

PC Gaming forever...

What a "problem" to have lol

What are you waiting for? Someone to like your comment? Getalyfbro

Cheese

Hate on TN is a little overrated. TN can still look more than acceptable and I'm sure this monitor will be decent. Perhaps people should wait until it's reviewed before judging the panel itself...

Right. If they were so bad, no panel maker would keep producing them. No difference between buying a Rolls or a Pagani. One is for looks, the other is for performance.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Surely there is such a love for IPS panels here because Linus basically says he wouldn't buy anything else.

I have never owned an IPS panel myself only seen a couple in a shop and they do look ALOT crisper than my TN panels that im using which is 2 Benq G2420HD's and a Samsung LED BX2440 so they are probably some of the older panels.

Asus never stops, they are everywhere...Awesome :P

PC Gaming forever...

One more monitor to drool over and not be able to afford. 

Top like: Thin bezel, 3 monitor surround could be great.

Lot of butthurt over IPS in here, though I can understand if people are used to $200 TN junkers being the "leet gamer" standard.

Right. If they were so bad, no panel maker would keep producing them. No difference between buying a Rolls or a Pagani. One is for looks, the other is for performance.

Lot of butthurt over IPS in here, though I can understand if people are used to $200 TN junkers being the "leet gamer" standard.

Just had to comment on how flawed this mentality is. Let's take a 40 dollar pc case made out of the lowest tier plastic. It's universally accepted that the quality is bad vs steel/aluminium, but does that stop case manufacturers from using cheap plastic? No. Why? Not because they believe it's good, but because it's CHEAP. That's what really drives this, price. Not because they believe it's just as good, it's pure cost savings. This TN panel is better than TN panels of the past, BUT for those who work with graphics, the colour shifting alone is enough to dismiss it. At least as a primary display, anyway. This isn't some IPS elitism, it's blatant fact that for accurate colour, TN is bad. For the average consumer, TN is fine.

PS: If we're gonna be using car analogies, IPS vs TN isn't Rolls vs Pagani, it's more [insert 250,000k+ supercar here] vs a modest car in the <30k range. The two are nowhere near the same level. The latter can still be enjoyable, but don't be blind to its limitations.

If only it were IPS...

^^^This and; if only I had money...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

So when is OLED coming out?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Monitor looks like it has a very nice design. But why is it still TN. How come they can't do IPS screen with lower than 5ms yet? Technical problem?

Because it's impossible. IPS panels physically can not have that kind of response time. Even the quicker low end IPS/PLS panels in the cheap Korean monitors can't reach TN levels due to the limits of IPS. Still, this is a 10-bit TN panel, it's going to look very good. Beyond that IPS can't do 120hz well and ASUS is saying this is 120+hz so well beyond the limits of IPS.