ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440P 120HZ MONITOR RELEASE DATE

YesItsMe

you dont get 1ms response time :) and its not any tn panel its a 10 bit as i can recall

pretty close t an e-ips

Can't wait for affordable OLED monitors to be a thing....

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

" Response time

OLEDs also can have a faster response time than standard LCD screens. Whereas LCD displays are capable of between 1 and 16 ms response time offering a refresh rate of 60 to 480 Hz, an OLED theoretically can have a response time less than 0.01 ms, enabling a refresh rate up to 100,000 Hz .[citation needed]. OLEDs also can be run as a flicker display, similar to a CRT, in order to eliminate the sample-and-hold effect that creates motion blur on OLEDs.[65]"

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

asus_rog-black.jpg

Stop adding huge images of the company logos.. Thanks you

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Ya, but it's still TN though.

Good stuff is good stuff irregardles. :P

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

does it have DP 1.2a? I would like adaptive sync please

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

This looks like a really cool monitor I love the style of the ROG products, but does any one know why the User who posted this was banned?

It should be IPS though for that price

This looks like a really cool monitor I love the style of the ROG products, but does any one know why the User who posted this was banned?

It should be IPS though

That cannot be discussed, none of the forums I've been is allowed. It's on the CoC(#10) of this forum as well. 

What should be IPS? At 144hz it cannot be IPS sadly.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

That cannot be discussed, none of the forums I've been is allowed. I think it's on the CoC of this forum as well. 

What should be IPS? At 144hz it cannot be IPS sadly.

Ok my bad and I thought it was at 120hz 

It should be IPS though

And you should go f*** yourself.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

tn panels are better than ips, the end.

ips panels have horrible glow/bleed effects on many colors, so true sharpness is an extreme issue. ips panels have "slower pixels" meaning they can't get as good refresh rates. tn panels have less input lag and have a faster pixel transition. i can keep going on. any real gamer would rather go with a high quality tn or va 120hz monitor than an ips thingamajiger.

this is coming from someone whom owns a 1440p ips panel, and previously owned a 23" ips panel. they just aren't good for gaming.

They are fine for gaming in all but the most twitchy little spaztastic games.  And colors tend to look much better and more vibrant.  ips glow is mainly an issue when viewing the display from wider angles, not an issue when sitting in front of your display.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Holy macaroni, someone had a really bad day...

How many of you here are actually going to buy this monitor? I expect a member's review if anyone here does buy it!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

There are already reviews on it. The new Rec 2020 UHD-1 10/12-bit true color 2160p 60Hz TN panels are giving low/mid quality IPS a run for their money. I believe the new Samsung 4K monitor is using one of these 10-bit TN panels and many professional reviewers have said they are surprised at the color reproduction of it.

The whole "barf TN" is from the old 6-bit Rec 709 TN panels. A lot of other PC enthusiast forums have already accepted that TN isn't bad anymore for gaming and movie watching, but for some reason many of the LTT forum users are still brainwashed into thinking TN is garbage and IPS/PLS rules the panel industry.

If users aren't doing professional work on their monitors, there really is no reason to get IPS/PLS over the new TN panels anymore. Especially once the industry starts to roll out the 12-bit TN panels.

Every monitor you see in a big box electronic store like best buy, aside from the apple cinema display, is a crappy tn or crappy e-ips with a 6bit panel.  They do make higher end tn displays, but the % of the market that has them is infinitesimally small on the desktop space.  Maybe that is changing now, I hope it will, but for now the cheapest and best quality 1440p display is still one of the korean off brand panels.  800 dollars for this display is a much harder sell than 300 shipped from korea.  And the display characteristics are good enough for all non ultra twitch games.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Holy macaroni, someone had a really bad day...

How many of you here are actually going to buy this monitor? I expect a member's review if anyone here does buy it!

I suspect that Linus will have this covered but if not I will be sure to do one.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I'd pick a 120hz TN panel every single fkin time over an 60hz IPS.You know why? Because I have played on a 120hz monitor and i know the difference that it makes over a 60hz one.

#PCMASTERRACE

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I suspect that Linus will have this covered but if not I will be sure to do one.

Yes, definitely, but I love user or "amateur" reviews so much too. Asus uploaded a video awhile ago though, this is the thread.

ROG Swift PG278Q Hands-on Video

Lol people need to chill with the whole "IPS" is superior and TN is shit....

FIRST OFF, I doubt most of you have a "good" IPS monitor. Also for right now its either 60fps/Superior colors vs 120fps/decent colors. We are talking about high tier monitors, so I doubt "good" IPS monitors with have crap response times and "good" TN panels with have crap colors. Also you can make the colors better on TN panels by going into your graphics drivers and adjusting stuff.

Everything is in moderation right now with the current technology but both IPS and TN server their Purpose with different people. Why would a gamer with SLI 780Ti's limit himself to a to a 60Hz monitor, he would be better off spending more on a better IPS monitor and a single 780Ti. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Why are people still talking about this

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Why are people still talking about this

Because this is a tech forum, because the product still hasn't come out, because it is an interesting hated/loved product... because, you get the point. What about you? Interested in the product or not?

Because this is a tech forum, because the product still hasn't come out, because it is an interesting hated/loved product... because, you get the point. What about you? Interested in the product or not?

Chill..why does this thread have to be like a fucking war. And I don't really care about this except the fact that the only reason this thread is still alive is from IPSvTN losers. No one's even talking about the product anymore I don't know why mods didn't close this.

I'd pick a 120hz TN panel every single fkin time over an 60hz IPS.You know why? Because I have played on a 120hz monitor and i know the difference that it makes over a 60hz one.

#PCMASTERRACE

And you...what? #PCMASTERRACE uses both panels so umm....unless you mean #IGNORANTPARTOFPCMASTERRACE then ok.

seriously

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

And you...what? #PCMASTERRACE uses both panels so umm....unless you mean #IGNORANTPARTOFPCMASTERRACE then ok.

seriously

I choose not to start an argument so..

k

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

What's your problem? 

My problem is idiots like him constantly bringing up IPS panels and how much better they are, guess what, they are not good for fast paced gaming, you're not going to get 1ms response time, physically impossible, or 120Hz+ without serious degradation among other issues.

They're good for professional use, they're designed FOR IT, they're marketed FOR IT.

And i'd think that these a**holes would have stopped complaining so much since Asus engineered their own 8 bit TN panel with color accuracy comparable to E-IPS, this monitor is made for fast paced gaming where every millisecond matters. 

Go stroke your IPeniS somewhere else.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Chill..why does this thread have to be like a fucking war. And I don't really care about this except the fact that the only reason this thread is still alive is from IPSvTN losers. No one's even talking about the product anymore I don't know why mods didn't close this.

seriously

Wow... that attitude, I just asked you if you like this product or not, just relax. :wacko:

Make love not war brothers. :lol:

Going to buy 3 of these the minute it comes out. Only problem is idk if I should get the x4 Kingpin Edition or x4 Black Titans..

get the black version don't be racist 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl