Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soldier_ph

MSI has registered 29 new Graphics Card Codes with the EEC

Posted · Original PosterOP

Summary

Micro Star International, better known as MSI, has registered 29 new Graphics Card Models on the 24th of August with the Eurasian Economic Commission which are all expected to be part of the upcoming 3000 series Nvidia Cards. This registration of yet to be announced GPUs coincides with the GeForce event on September 1st where the 3000 series is set to be announced. The V388 likely refers to the RTX 3090, the V389 with the RTX 3080, and the V390 with the RTX 3070 if Nvidia is still using the same Code names as they did with the 2000 series.

Quotes

-Quote from TechPowerUp-

MSI has recently registered 29 new graphics card codes with the Eurasian Economic Commission which are all expected to be upcoming NVIDIA Ampere models. These codes have been registered as "Video Cards" and coincide with NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce Special Event on September 1 where the GeForce RTX 30-series GPUs are expected to be announced including the much-rumored NVIDIA RTX 3090. The codes include 3 main sets with 02-V388, 602-V389, and 602-V390 which coincide with previous generation MSI graphics cards. The V388 likely refers to the RTX 3090, the V389 with the RTX 3080, and the V390 the RTX 3070 if following the same pattern as the GeForce RTX 20-series.

My thoughts

It's something different for a change to see Code names of upcoming GPUs to be leaked then just always the usual semi to final Shroud Designs from the Factory and the PCB shots. I'm personally very excited for the 3000 series and I think it's good for the Consumer to be able to choose from a wide variety of different Designs of the same GPU from different AIBs. I'm sure a Vendor like Zotac is gonna have like 40 different Board Designs of the same GPU like they did with the GTX 1060.

Sources

TechPowerUP

EEC

Make sure to Quote or mention me (@soldier_ph, my first name is Pascal) if you want me to see your reply or Content such as Status Updates, Threads, Album entries or Blog Posts.

My Tech: 

Phone: Oppo Reno 2Z 128GB in luminous Black Game Console: Nintendo Switch Lite in Grey with Avantree C51 Bluethooth adapter for the Headphones Headphones: Sony WH-H900N in Grey IoT Devices: Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with armor case Mouse: Coolermaster MM710 and Logitech MX Master 3 Mousepad: Logitech G840 and Coolermaster MP510 Notebook: XMG Schenker Core 15 AMD: Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060 Refresh 6GB GDDR6, 16GB of Crucial made 3200Mhz RAM, 2TB Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, 15.6" Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 62Wh Battery (46Wh in storage Battery), Intel WiFi 6 AX200 Module with Bluetooth 5.0, Swiss Keyboard layout with RGB and 10-key Block, Windows 10 Pro.  Gaming Chair: LC-GC-3 Chargers: Xtorm XA031 65W Bundle and Xtorm USB Power Hub XPD18 30W Cube Pro Tablet: iPad 8th Gen 2020 128GB Space Grey with Logitech Combo Touch and Apple Pencil first generation

Other Tech:

Scooter: Xiaomi Mi Pro Electric Scooter Toothbrush: Xiaomi Mi Electric Toothbrush Lighting in my room: 3x Xiaomi Yeelight Smart RGB light bulbs

Electric Razor: Philips OneBlade Face & Body Smartwatch: Garmin Fenix 5X Saphire Edition

Where I was Mentioned: 

Mentioned in 5.8.2020 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8.8.2020 Techlinked

Does anyone know how many different versions of gpus they currently have?

As always, great write up!

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

Here you go.

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

As always, great write up!

Thanks.

Make sure to Quote or mention me (@soldier_ph, my first name is Pascal) if you want me to see your reply or Content such as Status Updates, Threads, Album entries or Blog Posts.

My Tech: 

Phone: Oppo Reno 2Z 128GB in luminous Black Game Console: Nintendo Switch Lite in Grey with Avantree C51 Bluethooth adapter for the Headphones Headphones: Sony WH-H900N in Grey IoT Devices: Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with armor case Mouse: Coolermaster MM710 and Logitech MX Master 3 Mousepad: Logitech G840 and Coolermaster MP510 Notebook: XMG Schenker Core 15 AMD: Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060 Refresh 6GB GDDR6, 16GB of Crucial made 3200Mhz RAM, 2TB Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, 15.6" Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 62Wh Battery (46Wh in storage Battery), Intel WiFi 6 AX200 Module with Bluetooth 5.0, Swiss Keyboard layout with RGB and 10-key Block, Windows 10 Pro.  Gaming Chair: LC-GC-3 Chargers: Xtorm XA031 65W Bundle and Xtorm USB Power Hub XPD18 30W Cube Pro Tablet: iPad 8th Gen 2020 128GB Space Grey with Logitech Combo Touch and Apple Pencil first generation

Other Tech:

Scooter: Xiaomi Mi Pro Electric Scooter Toothbrush: Xiaomi Mi Electric Toothbrush Lighting in my room: 3x Xiaomi Yeelight Smart RGB light bulbs

Electric Razor: Philips OneBlade Face & Body Smartwatch: Garmin Fenix 5X Saphire Edition

Where I was Mentioned: 

Mentioned in 5.8.2020 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8.8.2020 Techlinked

EEC? European Economic Communities?

For what it's worth I originally read the title as FTC not EEC cos I'm so used to reading things passing through the FTC and not the EEC.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrade and 2020 RAM upgrade and 2020 HDD upgrade) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 (2020) ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 6TB HDD (2020) , NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

7 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

IMO, most manufacturers have too many SKU's and I wish GPU's were two-piece units where the RAM was on a GDDR6X module. But of course that has another cooling and validation problem. But it would solve this problem of there being over two dozen models of card when there really only needs to be at most 10. Yet here's MSI with 7 SKU's per GPU chip that only vary by cooler and OC mode. The GPU chip and RAM configuration is identical. I suppose some of these models are RGB or something as well.

I suppose it's too much to ask for the GPU chip manufacturer to actually standardize a GPU cooler and tell the manufacturers not deviate from where the mounting holes are so that they can be swapped.

Palit also have registered, and it also have the 3060: https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-submits-geforce-rtx-3090-rtx-3080-rtx-3070-and-rtx-3060-to-eec

Interesting that the part of the code that seems to refer to the memory seems to be the same as the 3070 (some of them), and the part that refers to the GPU says "104", maybe we would be looking at the 3060 using the cut-down GA104 with 8GB of VRAM? not a confirmation in any way, but there's a chance, hopefully it's right, because fuck having $300+ 6GB GPUs in 2020 like rumors were implying.

Both 3070 and 3080 have what seems to be memory variants, so that could also be happening, like some rumors have indicated, at least Palit considers that there's a chance.

It would be pretty good if it was right about the memory configuration and the 104 die on the 3060, but it's in no way confirmation, so take it with some salt.