MSI has registered 29 new Graphics Card Codes with the EEC

soldier_ph

Summary

Micro Star International, better known as MSI, has registered 29 new Graphics Card Models on the 24th of August with the Eurasian Economic Commission which are all expected to be part of the upcoming 3000 series Nvidia Cards. This registration of yet to be announced GPUs coincides with the GeForce event on September 1st where the 3000 series is set to be announced. The V388 likely refers to the RTX 3090, the V389 with the RTX 3080, and the V390 with the RTX 3070 if Nvidia is still using the same Code names as they did with the 2000 series.

Quotes

-Quote from TechPowerUp-

MSI has recently registered 29 new graphics card codes with the Eurasian Economic Commission which are all expected to be upcoming NVIDIA Ampere models. These codes have been registered as "Video Cards" and coincide with NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce Special Event on September 1 where the GeForce RTX 30-series GPUs are expected to be announced including the much-rumored NVIDIA RTX 3090. The codes include 3 main sets with 02-V388, 602-V389, and 602-V390 which coincide with previous generation MSI graphics cards. The V388 likely refers to the RTX 3090, the V389 with the RTX 3080, and the V390 the RTX 3070 if following the same pattern as the GeForce RTX 20-series.

My thoughts

It's something different for a change to see Code names of upcoming GPUs to be leaked then just always the usual semi to final Shroud Designs from the Factory and the PCB shots. I'm personally very excited for the 3000 series and I think it's good for the Consumer to be able to choose from a wide variety of different Designs of the same GPU from different AIBs. I'm sure a Vendor like Zotac is gonna have like 40 different Board Designs of the same GPU like they did with the GTX 1060.

Sources

TechPowerUP

EEC

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Does anyone know how many different versions of gpus they currently have?

As always, great write up!

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

Here you go.

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

As always, great write up!

Thanks.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

EEC? European Economic Communities?

For what it's worth I originally read the title as FTC not EEC cos I'm so used to reading things passing through the FTC and not the EEC.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

IMO, most manufacturers have too many SKU's and I wish GPU's were two-piece units where the RAM was on a GDDR6X module. But of course that has another cooling and validation problem. But it would solve this problem of there being over two dozen models of card when there really only needs to be at most 10. Yet here's MSI with 7 SKU's per GPU chip that only vary by cooler and OC mode. The GPU chip and RAM configuration is identical. I suppose some of these models are RGB or something as well.

I suppose it's too much to ask for the GPU chip manufacturer to actually standardize a GPU cooler and tell the manufacturers not deviate from where the mounting holes are so that they can be swapped.

Palit also have registered, and it also have the 3060: https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-submits-geforce-rtx-3090-rtx-3080-rtx-3070-and-rtx-3060-to-eec

Interesting that the part of the code that seems to refer to the memory seems to be the same as the 3070 (some of them), and the part that refers to the GPU says "104", maybe we would be looking at the 3060 using the cut-down GA104 with 8GB of VRAM? not a confirmation in any way, but there's a chance, hopefully it's right, because fuck having $300+ 6GB GPUs in 2020 like rumors were implying.

Both 3070 and 3080 have what seems to be memory variants, so that could also be happening, like some rumors have indicated, at least Palit considers that there's a chance.

It would be pretty good if it was right about the memory configuration and the 104 die on the 3060, but it's in no way confirmation, so take it with some salt.