Can't connect two monitors

JustPeach
Go to solution Solved by JustPeach,

I Once again tried to connect the secondary with the display port and the main one with HDMI and it all worked well.
Thanks for your help

I bought a secondary diplay for my setup (Fujitsu 23" B23T-6)  tried to connect it and it didn't receiced signal...
I'm using an MSI optix g24c4 as my main monitor, and I have a GTX 1060.

Before I been able to use both my monitor and TV as displays for my pc, but right now I can only connect 1 at the time.
I'm trying to connect one via Displayport and the other with an hdmi cable with an DP adapter (that I know works).
Can somebody help me?

• Does it show 1|2 under Windows Display settings (Win+R, desk.cpl) or just 1?
  • If you open device manager (Win+R, devmgmt.msc), and unplug it does device manager refresh?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:
  • Does it show 1|2 under Windows Display settings (Win+R, desk.cpl) or just 1?
  • If you open device manager (Win+R, devmgmt.msc), and unplug it does device manager refresh?

Neither PC or the monitor acknowledge they´re plugged in.
When I unplug it, the manager doesn't refresh.

12 minutes ago, Daniel Pereira said:

Neither PC or the monitor acknowledge they´re plugged in.
When I unplug it, the manager doesn't refresh.

Make sure the monitor is on the right input as some display controllers won't send anything through the cable if it's not.

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

13 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Make sure the monitor is on the right input as some display controllers won't send anything through the cable if it's not.

I plugged the secondary only (with DP cablçe) and it worked but then I tried plug my main one with HDMI cable and my pc didn't even detect it

4 minutes ago, Daniel Pereira said:

I plugged the secondary only (with DP cablçe) and it worked but then I tried plug my main one with HDMI cable and my pc didn't even detect it

Odd, it sounds like port sharing but I've never heard of a GPU sharing a DP and HDMI port. What specific GTX 1060 do you have? 

I Once again tried to connect the secondary with the display port and the main one with HDMI and it all worked well.
Thanks for your help

38 minutes ago, Daniel Pereira said:

EVGA 1060 SC 6gb
But if it's not working because it's shgared why does it work when i have DP connected to the monitor and the HDMi to the TV?

Not sure. Not physically there and having an issue imagining the setup.