Having 164-Memory Size Error please help! Now it said Repairing disk error. I am STUCK!

I bought new ram and upgrading My old ram from 4Gb to 12Gb and having Issues. Now having disk errors.

how to be vague 101.

what does this even mean? Sounds like a windows error of some sort of bios error?

more details + pics if possible.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

how to be vague 101.

what does this even mean? Sounds like a windows error of some sort of bios error?

more details + pics if possible.

Sorry dont have a Phone.Plus now its said repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete.

8 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Sounds like a windows error of some sort of bios error?

This looks to be a message provided at POST in relation to a RAM error. Windows hasn't even loaded yet. Could be a compatibility issue or faulty hardware issue.

@OP

Was the RAM you bought the same as the RAM that was already in there? Is this a pre-build? A laptop? Can we get a model number?

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This looks to be a message provided at POST in relation to a RAM error. Windows hasn't even loaded yet. Could be a compatibility issue or faulty hardware issue.

@OP

Was the RAM you bought the same as the RAM that was already in there? Is this a pre-build? A laptop? Can we get a model number?

It is a Pre-Build System Desktop Yes the ram was the sam DDR3 . I cant find the model number.

2 minutes ago, Alex-D said:

It is a Pre-Build System Desktop Yes the ram was the sam DDR3 . I cant find the model number.

Prebuilds usually have their name either right on the front or on a sticker on to top/side/back.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Prebuilds usually have their name either right on the front or on a sticker on to top/side/back.

Its a Hp the Serial number is 2UA23114K2 and the Product number is SP570UC#ABA

6 minutes ago, Alex-D said:

Its a Hp the Serial number is 2UA23114K2 and the Product number is SP570UC#ABA

"HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC" Does this sound familiar?

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

"HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC" Does this sound familiar?

Yes that is the Name.

1 hour ago, Alex-D said:

Yes that is the Name.

So we're probably working with socket LGA1155 then.

Pre-builds can sometimes be picky when it comes to RAM speed/timing/rank/vendor/etc. I would try booting the computer with only the question stick installed.

2 hours ago, Alex-D said:

Yes that is the Name.

Use another computer and download and install a precompiled disk of "Passmark Memtest86" on it, which you can get from their website.  You will need some sort of USB flash or thumb drive, or micro SD/SD card with a USB adapter in order to do that.  If you don't have one, you need to buy one.

Once installed, boot it to the USB drive (you may have to change BIOS settings unless it can auto-detect it) and then wait for a few minutes (it takes awhile) and then let it run the RAM test.  Any errors severe enough to make your windows cause "disk errors" should show up rather quickly, and if not, you will assuredly get them on Test#6 or Test #7.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, Falkentyne said:

Use another computer and download and install a precompiled disk of "Passmark Memtest86" on it, which you can get from their website.  You will need some sort of USB flash or thumb drive, or micro SD/SD card with a USB adapter in order to do that.  If you don't have one, you need to buy one.

Once installed, boot it to the USB drive (you may have to change BIOS settings unless it can auto-detect it) and then wait for a few minutes (it takes awhile) and then let it run the RAM test.  Any errors severe enough to make your windows cause "disk errors" should show up rather quickly, and if not, you will assuredly get them on Test#6 or Test #7.

Ok thank you i will try and i cant get into Bios

On 8/4/2020 at 7:31 PM, Falkentyne said:

Sorry it did not work