Game capture(Geforce Experience)?

Hi guys, I've recently got into Pc gaming and I'm trying to work out whether i can capture game play using the Geforce Experience? I know its able to record game play but I dont want to record my whole gaming session, I'm interested in just capturing highlight moments or moments of interest? On Xbox I was able to hit the Xbox button and X and it would record the last 30 seconds of game play. Is it possible to do that on Pc with the Geforce  Experience? 

I have looked online and it seems like I have to record from point A to point B, which doesn't really help me if I want to capture a recent game highlight?

cheers

11 minutes ago, Macka09 said:

Hi guys, I've recently got into Pc gaming and I'm trying to work out whether i can capture game play using the Geforce Experience? I know its able to record game play but I dont want to record my whole gaming session, I'm interested in just capturing highlight moments or moments of interest? On Xbox I was able to hit the Xbox button and X and it would record the last 30 seconds of game play. Is it possible to do that on Pc with the Geforce  Experience? 

I have looked online and it seems like I have to record from point A to point B, which doesn't really help me if I want to capture a recent game highlight?

cheers

If you press Alt + Z (default keybind) you should have an option called instant replay you can configuree that with custom hotkey and custom settings (default record setting is 15 sec I belive and default file path is videos on user)

Edit : There is a option called highlight which saves kills in games like fortnite and pubg I’m pretty sure (only selected games) but the clip doesn’t save tou have to manually

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 minutes ago, Macka09 said:

cheers

Yes, you can do that.

Click that

image.thumb.png.f8ebca870ee0ca0fa3dc5aa420e03c32.png

image.thumb.png.ccbe893e8a82958dda65aa2553d3042a.png

And you can set it up there

image.thumb.png.3b4ce4774a274c051e7f8f07a285d82b.png

Also check Keyboard Shortcuts to see how to activate it in game.

8 minutes ago, WereCat said:

image.thumb.png.ccbe893e8a82958dda65aa2553d3042a.png

-borrowing pic-

you have to enable instant replay and configure it to your liking (set the amount of time, bit rate, resolution, fps)

in the photo u can see a mic icon next to the cog (setting) button, u can set it to be always on, push to talk, or muted.

in settings, u may change the destination folder for the cache and video

it's recommended you cache it on a mechanical disk over an SSD as it wears out the drive

and set a hotkey for saving the instant replay

i recommend turning on the overlay so u can know if it's working

and you should be able to just capture the past x amount of time after pressing the key

do note that u may enable desktop capture, not enabling it will pause the record while u alt tab out of the game (the video will simply skip to the part where you alt tab back)

but enabling desktop capture will make the GPU continually capture your desktop even while you're not gaming, which may not be desirable and uses extra amount of power

you may also look up multi audio track where they separate your mic and computer audio into separate files

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

So it sounds like I have to have this program running all the time to be able to record a given section of my gaming? I really don’t want to be recording all of a session just to possibly record 1 or 2 clips.