Pc not turning on after applying thermal paste

I just today on 16/7/2020 applied thermal paste on my cpu I kept the computer on ground and sat in the floor to apply the thermal compound but after doing all the usual checking and placing the cooler tight the pc is not turning on still(no signs of life). nothing is turning on even the light on my motherboard is not turning on.

My pc specs:-

1.)Intel e1260 dual core processor @1.8ghz

2.) 2gb DDR2 800mhz single channel ram 800mhz 

3.) gigabyte ga-945-gcm-s2l motherboard

4.)500gb ide drive 

Plzzz help I am a student and I want my computer back urgently for study purpose.

Thanks in advance 😊😌

Edit:- I have still not pulled out the cpu and the ide connector and the 24pin because the ide connector and the 24pin power connectors are really tight.so should I try to remove them??????

Edited by karthik nair

Ok, first things to check: power plug connected and power supply switch is on.

:)

13 minutes ago, karthik nair said:

I just today on 16/7/2020 applied thermal paste on my cpu I kept the computer on ground and sat in the floor to apply the thermal compound but after doing all the usual checking and placing the cooler tight the pc is not turning on still(no signs of life). nothing is turning on even the light on my motherboard is not turning on.

4.)500gb ide drive 

Plzzz help I am a student and I want my computer back urgently for study purpose.

Thanks in advance 😊😌

i had this problem are you sure you didnt put too much thermal past?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

No it's really cheap power supply it doesn't have any switches on it I tried everything but still it's not turning on

if you can pullout the cpu again see if there is any thermal past under cpu or on socket 

No I didn't pull out the cpu.and I just added a pea size of thermal paste as said by many enthusiasts.and also I tried removing the ram and booting up but no signs of life.and I also the green light on the motherboard is also not turning on.guys is my motherboard dead?????

are your fans at full load?

4 minutes ago, karthik nair said:

No I didn't pull out the cpu.and I just added a pea size of thermal paste as said by many enthusiasts.and also I tried removing the ram and booting up but no signs of life.and I also the green light on the motherboard is also not turning on.guys is my motherboard dead?????

no some times if you put too much thermal past it will leak under the cpu and cuase problems

Sometimes it's good to repeat the installing of paste or even take out CPU and reinstall it....

I edit my posts more often than not

Guys I don't think I applied heavy pressure on  the cpu. I tried everything thing like removing the ram but the system is not even getting power nor the motherboard is posting without ram. Cam you guys figure out what could go wrong?????

Edited by karthik nair

Can anyone plzz help me. Is there no one who cannot help me with this then what's the point of this forum?????.guys plzzz help it's urgent 😭😭😭

Gotta give it to someone who can do diagnostics on all hardware pieces involved. Can't do magic through forum..

I edit my posts more often than not

7 minutes ago, karthik nair said:

Can anyone plzz help me. Is there no one who cannot help me with this then what's the point of this forum?????.guys plzzz help it's urgent 😭😭😭

People can help you, they are just not obligated to. The point of the forum is to discuss tech, and help people fix their problems, however:

1. You posted this in the incorrect sub forum, so people who generally know how to fix these things won’t find it. 

2. Are not quoting or tagging people so they are not notified of your reply. 

3. You have refused out suggestions so far, and are not cooperating which will greatly decrease the chances of your computer getting fixed. 

So, have you:

1. Removed the CPU to check that there is no thermal paste beneath it?

2. Verified that power is being delivered to your PC?

3. Tried booting the PC with only the bare minimum installed?

Sorry gloop I am new to this forum so didn't know about this 😅😅😅

17 minutes ago, karthik nair said:

Plzz guys help me......😅😅😅😅

Okay, first please follow the recommendations that the other members have given you so far, if you have not done so already. As stated prior, getting thermal paste, even if it is non-conductive, within the CPU socket can affect the contacts. Did you happen to use alcohol when you cleaned off your old thermal paste, because if you used too much, sometimes that could leak into the CPU socket. Second, I would go through your entire system and make sure all of your connections are in place. Also, is your fan seated correctly, because a similar issue happened to my desktop a couple of years back and for some reason, it turned out I did not seat my CPU cooler fan properly. Third, I would check to see if there is any post code on your motherboard at all since that could rule up that you are possibly receiving power to your motherboard. If all of this fails, honestly, I would take your computer into a repair technician, since in my opinion, it is sometimes hard to diagnose a problem once it gets complex without seeing the system in question. While this may be playing the devil's advocate, it could be possible that you somehow shorted a circuit on your motherboard during reassembly. 

15 hours ago, karthik nair said:

4.)500gb ide drive 

Thanks in advance 😊😌

Edit:- I have still not pulled out the cpu and the ide connector and the 24pin because the ide connector and the 24pin power connectors are really tight.so should I try to remove them??????

im not gonna lie pulling the cpu and re-seating it, re-apply thermal past and making sure you dont over tighten the heat sink is probably your best bet. and is it doing anything when you try and power it up. also make sure you didnt disconnect your power button

13 hours ago, Warp1942red said:

im not gonna lie pulling the cpu and re-seating it, re-apply thermal past and making sure you dont over tighten the heat sink is probably your best bet. and is it doing anything when you try and power it up. also make sure you didnt disconnect your power button

No it not doing nothing today morning I just reseated the cpu and applied a new coat of thermal paste and rechecked all the connections but when I turn on the main power switch (which is on the wall socket to which the power supply cord is connected) nothing shows up no signs of life.even before applying thermal paste the motherboard light used to be lit when the main switch is turned on.plzz tell me what should I do????

41 minutes ago, karthik nair said:

No it not doing nothing today morning I just reseated the cpu and applied a new coat of thermal paste and rechecked all the connections but when I turn on the main power switch (which is on the wall socket to which the power supply cord is connected) nothing shows up no signs of life.even before applying thermal paste the motherboard light used to be lit when the main switch is turned on.plzz tell me what should I do????

at this point it seems like either the power supply might be bad or motherboard might have been shorted out in some way. i think the best option at this point is to take it to professional, who will be able to diagnose it better in person