First time builder need some help with parts

seoul-

So I have been planning my first PC build for the last few weeks/months, and I am going to buy the parts this weekend. I was going with the B450 Tomahawk Max but then saw the Mortar Max which seems to be practically the same thing just with more usb ports and it being a mATX, if I do get the Mortar Max, I could use some of the money saved to get a 1tb HDD, also since it's a mAtx MOBO, which type case will I need? I heard mAtx MOBOs look really bad in ATX cases therefore I presume I will need a smaller case. Will there be enough airflow in a smaller case to cool down all the parts efficiently? ALSO, I am on a budget therefore please don't be recommending me top tier parts that likely won't fit into the budget. Thanks 

Here's the build if you're interested https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/JzqDdm

If you can stretch it a bit I'd say it'd be better to try and up the SSD to 1TB.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Solid build to me, you can get really any mATX case. If you can try and squeeze a 5600 XT or 5700 into your budget that will be much better than the 1660 ti

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you calling it a solid build lol I thought most people would call it a disgrace especially since it is my first build. I was going with the 1660 super since it seems to be sufficient for what I will doing and benchmarks for the games I play are a lot better than I expected so I was thinking I would stick with it, dont know if those GPUs would fit into my budget I will check them out tho. So you think mAtx cases will be alright for airflow especially since theyre smaller? Will I need any extra fans or anything? Any mAtx cases you could recommend? Thanks

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

If you can stretch it a bit I'd say it'd be better to try and up the SSD to 1TB.

Was thinking of doing that at the start, but I think considering my budget I will just stick with the 500gb since it will be enough for the games I play, and I will probably just use the HDD for extra games I won't play as much or bigger games such as GTA etc. Lmk what you think

2 minutes ago, seoul- said:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate you calling it a solid build lol I thought most people would call it a disgrace especially since it is my first build. I was going with the 1660 super since it seems to be sufficient for what I will doing and benchmarks for the games I play are a lot better than I expected so I was thinking I would stick with it, dont know if those GPUs would fit into my budget I will check them out tho. So you think mAtx cases will be alright for airflow especially since theyre smaller? Will I need any extra fans or anything? Any mAtx cases you could recommend? Thanks

I have the atx fractal design meshify c case which Ive found to be really good and they do a mini version which you might wanna check out

2 minutes ago, seoul- said:

Was thinking of doing that at the start, but I think considering my budget I will just stick with the 500gb since it will be enough for the games I play, and I will probably just use the HDD for extra games I won't play as much or bigger games such as GTA etc. Lmk what you think

I wouldn't get an SSD smaller than 1TB.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looks good.

If I was to change it around a bit, I'd probably get a 3600MHz CL16/17 memory kit instead of the 3200MHz CL16, a Kingston A2000 instead of the Crucial P1 and a Phanteks P300A/P400A instead of the NZXT H510.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I think if you are on a budget a 500gb ssd will do you just fine, but right now the prices of HDDs (seagate barracuda) between the 1tb and 2tb are very small so if you can spend a few extra bucks go for the 2tb. And yes if you can save money on the mobo i would definetely spring for a 1660 ti or 5600 xt. A case i would recommend is the coolermaster masterbox q330l, it has great airflow and a great look for a relatively low price. The only downsides is no psu basement, but it should be fine with that semi mod psu, and the acrylic panel. Here's the link to my recomendation

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/vFqWhg

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.8 Ghz. -  Gigabyte B450 Aorus M - Asus TUF Gaming GTX 1660 SUPER 06G - GSKill Ripjaws V 16gb 2x8gb DDR4 @3200 Mhz. - Inland Premium 512gb NVMe SSD - Rose will RD 450 Watt 80+ - DIYPC s2-BK-RGB ATX Mid-tower case.

@seoul- The b550 will last you an upgrade if you want 4th gen ryzen or maybe even 5th.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.8 Ghz. -  Gigabyte B450 Aorus M - Asus TUF Gaming GTX 1660 SUPER 06G - GSKill Ripjaws V 16gb 2x8gb DDR4 @3200 Mhz. - Inland Premium 512gb NVMe SSD - Rose will RD 450 Watt 80+ - DIYPC s2-BK-RGB ATX Mid-tower case.

2 minutes ago, Gamestormer999 said:

I think if you are on a budget a 500gb ssd will do you just fine, but right now the prices of HDDs (seagate barracuda) between the 1tb and 2tb are very small so if you can spend a few extra bucks go for the 2tb. And yes if you can save money on the mobo i would definetely spring for a 1660 ti or 5600 xt. A case i would recommend is the coolermaster masterbox q330l, it has great airflow and a great look for a relatively low price. The only downsides is no psu basement, but it should be fine with that semi mod psu, and the acrylic panel. Here's the link to my recomendation

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/vFqWhg

Yeah I will consider the 2tb i'll see anyways what I do I will try decide on the mobo and case first then think about other parts, I think I'll stick with the super since it's very similar to the ti for a bit less. I will look into the case, also sorry to say but the build you recommended is going well over my budget sorry. I am currently looking at the phanteks p300a and p400a or possibly the mb nr400. Anyways thanks for the help. Also regarding the b550, I dont think it would fit into my budget and I most likely will end up building another fresh PC rather than upgrading as a project i guess. Thanks

That sounds like a good plan, happy building!

48 minutes ago, Joealex24 said:

I have the atx fractal design meshify c case which Ive found to be really good and they do a mini version which you might wanna check out

Sadly enough, it turns out the mortar max is more expensive than the tomahawk here so I will have to get an atx case, any good budget ones with decent airflow you could recommend ? thanks

20 minutes ago, Gamestormer999 said:

That sounds like a good plan, happy building!

Sadly enough, it turns out the mortar max is more expensive than the tomahawk here so I will have to get an atx case, any good budget ones with decent airflow you could recommend ? thanks

@seoul- I would recommend the coolermaster MB311L

wait nvm thats the wrong one

@seoul-The phanteks eclipse p300a would be my recommendation

18 minutes ago, seoul- said:

the standard atx meshify c (what I have) is really good. It's got good airflow and build quality, and in my opinion it looks great

1 minute ago, Joealex24 said:

the standard atx meshify c (what I have) is really good. It's got good airflow and build quality, and in my opinion it looks great

I was looking at that one, but it's a bit over my budget and I was hoping to add a HDD therefore didnt want to overspend on the case. Sorry

Looks solid but get a Phanteks P400A instead - about the same price and has MUCH better airflow. Although the H510 looks nice, it barely has any front intake so is not great.

51 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

Looks solid but get a Phanteks P400A instead - about the same price and has MUCH better airflow. Although the H510 looks nice, it barely has any front intake so is not great.

ya think I will settle for it just have to find somewhere in EU that sells it since most places don't seem to/be oos