Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HarryS99

New PC - Any good?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi!

Here's my new planned computer:

 

CPU:             AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 
RAM:            Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
MOBO:         MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
SSD:             WD Blue 500GB
PSU:             Corsair CV Series 450W
Case:            Antec VSK 4000B-U3 Black
WIFI Card:    TP-LINK TL-WN881ND
Keyboard/Mouse: Gigabyte KM6300
Monitor:          AOC 24B2XH Frameless IPS
OS:              Microsoft Windows 10 Home

What does everyone think about it? Is it any good? 

I'm not looking for a graphics card yet, the APU will do fine for now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HarryS99 said:

Hi!

Here's my new planned computer:

 

CPU:             AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 
RAM:            Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
MOBO:         MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
SSD:             WD Blue 500GB
PSU:             Corsair CV Series 450W
Case:            Antec VSK 4000B-U3 Black
WIFI Card:    TP-LINK TL-WN881ND
Keyboard/Mouse: Gigabyte KM6300
Monitor:          AOC 24B2XH Frameless IPS
OS:              Microsoft Windows 10 Home

What does everyone think about it? Is it any good? 

I'm not looking for a graphics card yet, the APU will do fine for now!

Seems decent for a cheap machine. Also I really hope you aren't planning to spend $100 for Windows in such a cheap computer. Buy a $10 key on eBay and use the extra $100 to buy a 3400g.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need more info about the memory kit and budget. That board's weak.for holding CPU upgrades


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Seems decent for a cheap machine. Also I really hope you aren't planning to spend $100 for Windows in such a cheap computer. Buy a $10 key on eBay and use the extra $100 to buy a 3400g.

Thanks! :)

Ngl, I am a little wary haha - I've heard of people getting ripped from the keys. If it's only $10, it could totally be worth the risk tho!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Need more info about the memory kit and budget. That board's weak.for holding CPU upgrades

The Ram is @ 3200 MHz, so mid range-ish. Budget is just under 700 USD :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

Thanks! :)

Ngl, I am a little wary haha - I've heard of people getting ripped from the keys. If it's only $10, it could totally be worth the risk tho!

its only 5$, and ive never been ripped. bought well over 10 by this point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

The Ram is @ 3200 MHz, so mid range-ish. Budget is just under $700 :)

2x8gb?

 

My math on PC parts:

3200G: 100

Board: 60

RAM: 70

SSD: 70

PSU: 40

Monitor: 150 (overpriced one btw)

Wifi adapter: 20

Case: 30 (and quite bad I should add, for airflow and cable management)

 

So you're spending $150 roughly for Windows and keyboard + mouse? Definitely dont pay $100 for Microsoft then.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

The Ram is @ 3200 MHz, so mid range-ish. Budget is just under 700 USD :)

imo for 700 USD you could get a dGPU machine

 

lemme make a list :)


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

its only 5$, and ive never been ripped. bought well over 10 by this point.

 

That's crazy good! Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to take a look into this hahaha. Previously, it never even really crossed my mind - I was thinking it was wayyy more common to get smacked around by people keeping the keys. You guys just potentially saved me like $90 - cheers! 😁 @BlueScope819@bmx6454

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

2x8gb?

 

My math on PC parts:

3200G: 100

Board: 60

RAM: 70

SSD: 70

PSU: 40

Monitor: 150 (overpriced one btw)

Wifi adapter: 20

Case: 30 (and quite bad I should add, for airflow and cable management)

 

So you're spending $150 roughly for Windows and keyboard + mouse? Definitely dont pay $100 for Microsoft then.

Yup, it's 2x8!
Yeah, looking at the other replies, it's probably a good idea to get a key off eBay. Will probably put that into a better case now haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

Thanks! :)

Ngl, I am a little wary haha - I've heard of people getting ripped from the keys. If it's only $10, it could totally be worth the risk tho!

Yeah I mean eBay has awesome buyer protection I've gotten my money back every single time.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

Yup, it's 2x8!
Yeah, looking at the other replies, it's probably a good idea to get a key off eBay. Will probably put that into a better case now haha

No, get a better CPU. The difference between the 3200G and the 3400G is quite large, in terms of both core clocks and how good the iGPU is.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

Yup, it's 2x8!
Yeah, looking at the other replies, it's probably a good idea to get a key off eBay. Will probably put that into a better case now haha

Oh also just one really quick thing that can save you a lot of money, check out the DeskMini A300 from AsRock. It's $150 on Newegg and is a motherboard, wifi card, case, PSU, and cooler that comes all in one really neat tiny package. All you need is some SO-DIMM memory, an SSD, and a CPU and you are off to the races.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

The Ram is @ 3200 MHz, so mid range-ish. Budget is just under 700 USD :)

Just under $700 total budget? Can you return anything and take pointers/swap things out?

 

You can do a LOT better for $700~


S.K.Y.N.E.T. Reborn

i7-8750H | 32GB DDR4 2666 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 15.6" 1080P 144Hz IPS Panel | 256GB Phison M.2 SSD | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD1TB Western Digital NVMe SSD | Intel Wireless-AC 9560

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yBjvJb

considering your budget of 700$, here you go

NOTES:

1. the motherboard shouldnt cost more than 80$, PCPP has overpriced it here

2. this is a system with an rx580

3. the cpu is overpriced as well, it should cost not more than 105$

4. sorry if the monitor and keyboard&mouse selection is bad :(

 


welcome to my potato farm

Quote

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

Quote

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

                                                                          -pewdiepie, 2011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Oh also just one really quick thing that can save you a lot of money, check out the DeskMini A300 from AsRock. It's $150 on Newegg and is a motherboard, wifi card, case, PSU, and cooler that comes all in one really neat tiny package. All you need is some SO-DIMM memory, an SSD, and a CPU and you are off to the races.

This is super interesting! I'll keep that in mind while I'm refining my PC

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

No, get a better CPU. The difference between the 3200G and the 3400G is quite large, in terms of both core clocks and how good the iGPU is.

I didn't know it was that large haha. Will look into it!! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

Just under $700 total budget? Can you return anything and take pointers/swap things out?

 

You can do a LOT better for $700~

Sure can! Yeah, I've been getting a few pointers regarding my mobo and OS already. Everyone has been really helpful :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yBjvJb

considering your budget of 700$, here you go

NOTES:

1. the motherboard shouldnt cost more than 80$, PCPP has overpriced it here

2. this is a system with an rx580

3. the cpu is overpriced as well, it should cost not more than 105$

4. sorry if the monitor and keyboard&mouse selection is bad :(

 

Cheers!! Seems like a decent setup! Don't worry about the peripherals, I appreciate the time :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HarryS99 said:

This is super interesting! I'll keep that in mind while I'm refining my PC

I didn't know it was that large haha. Will look into it!! :) 

Yeah so you could do something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QyFCYH

This is $461 and has a 500gb NVME ssd with 16gb of RAM, so you really are getting a lot of bang for buck. If you want it to be silent you can also get a Noctua cooler:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VCAJ7W?tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah so you could do something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QyFCYH

This is $461 and has a 500gb NVME ssd with 16gb of RAM, so you really are getting a lot of bang for buck. If you want it to be silent you can also get a Noctua cooler:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VCAJ7W?tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

My only concern about that is that there's no room for a GPU if OP wants to add one in the future


AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / Dell P2210 1680x1050 @ 70Hz (OC)

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HarryS99

 

https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/sd/___j6ZsmZxslQcyyGxdqQJRw==

 

Well below max budget, all SSD storage, I have that motherboard, memory and case, so it all works correctly, AND it offers a lot of extra leeway down the road if you care to upgrade.


S.K.Y.N.E.T. Reborn

i7-8750H | 32GB DDR4 2666 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 15.6" 1080P 144Hz IPS Panel | 256GB Phison M.2 SSD | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD1TB Western Digital NVMe SSD | Intel Wireless-AC 9560

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×