Does Rainbow Six Siege progress carry over from Uplay to Steam?

Ishit Singh

I recently bought Uplay version of R6 for free through amazon credits. I like to keep all the games I own in one launcher and it's annoying to add every friend I have in Steam manually to play so I'm thinking about buying R6 again through Steam.

Will my current progress and achievement carry over from Uplay to Steam? I talked with Ubi support and they said no it's not going to carry over any progress but reddit posts about the same issue says completely different, those post claim that it'll carry over the progress.

I'm so confused. Will it carry or not?

Edit- The version I have in Uplay is Standard edition and I might buy Deluxe edition in Steam

Annotation 2020-06-30 174327.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-30 174728.jpg

Afaik if you buy it on steam, (like i did) you'll still have to launch and play it through Uplay and your progress will be linked to your Uplay account. So yes, you'll keep everything but it's kind of wasted money to buy it again?!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Afaik if you buy it on steam, (like i did) you'll still have to launch and play it through Uplay.

But what about players that already have it on uplay and are switching to steam? Will it carry over the progress since it uses same launcher?

5 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

But what about players that already have it on uplay and are switching to steam? Will it carry over the progress since it uses same launcher?

Yes. If you buy it on steam and launch it, steam will start Uplay and launch it there. It won't make a difference.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Yes. If you buy it on steam and launch it, steam will start Uplay and launch it there. It won't make a difference.

That's good to hear, I just don't understand why ubi support said it wouldn't carry over the progress.

U just could add r6 to your steam library as an external application and launch it this way

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

4 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

U just could add r6 to your steam library as an external application and launch it this way

True but that doesn't fix all the issues. I like Steam stat tracker and after reading this reddit post-

I think it's just better to get this game through Steam.