Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ADMT

Buying a new case now for a future build?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been considering buying a new case now even though I won't be putting together a new build until AMD and Nvidia release their next-gen CPU/GPUs. The main reasons are that I could push my current build's overclock further with better airflow, and I just kinda want to put my components in a new case because building a PC is fun.

My main concern is that six months from now there'll be some awesome new cases I'll miss out on because I pulled the trigger too early - one of the cases I'm considering, the Meshify C, is like 3 years old and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a successor by the time I build a new PC. What do you guys think? Are there any anticipated big releases in the budget/midrange airflow case category?

Buy a case when the parts release 

We don't even know when they will be released 

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

Spoiler

Hi

Hard to say. Maybe, maybe not. There are usually cases released around Computex, but iirc that isn't happening this year.

Another thing to consider is possible issues with factories in terms of availability.

If you want the case, just buy it. There isn't a massive difference between them. Not enough to worry about.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Fractal Never releases what they're planning on or what they're working on. They just drop cases whenever they feel like it. They also dont participate at CES or Computex so oyu cant wait for that coverage either. 

Unlike other PC components, PC cases dont really "age" in the same way electric hardware does. If it still fits and provides adequate airflow, it's still a valid choice. (A decent example of this is the Deepcool Tesseract)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25