Hey guys. 
so i am

in search for a good gaming laptop that i can use ase a workstation for a beginner.

I am currently in australia and have been driving myself nuts.

I wish it will be no more than 3500 aud in price.

10th gen intel 8 core ?! 
atleast 2070 max q.

and also would prefer 4k oled.

Is the difference for beginner hobbie editor huge in terms of display, when compared to 144/240hz ips or 60hz oled?

Please help me find the perfect laptop.

Ive never gotten into amd in terms of graphics and processor. Is it faster at its core value? 

Shop LTT😉 

Thanks

Is laptop needed?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I personally don’t see the point of 4k laptop screens.  It doesn’t make the screen any bigger.  If I had to drop a requirement that would be it.  

The big question is what do you want to do with this computer?  Computers are tools to do things.  The things are what is important.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Photo and video editing, occasional gaming, stock trading :)

11 hours ago, Kanna said:

Is laptop needed?

Yes.

Photo needs one kind of thing, video is similar but not totally, gaming is less similar but in the same general vein, stock trading needs near nothing. Optimizing for both photo and video gives you gaming.  Refresh over 60hz is only useful for gaming.  Everything else is actually fine at under 60hz

photo and video want color gamut and color space which makes monitors slower. Video likes lots and lots of threads and memory.  Photo likes lots of ghz Some threads, and sometimes memory depending on photo size.  Gaming likes ghz and some threads.  Minimum memory for gaming is just over 8gb so very little.  All stock trading needs is a net connection and a screen  Not even a good one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.