Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leadpool

Need a wizard for this one

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Problem is exactly what it sounds like, my computer internet speed over ethernet used to be 480Mbps and now it's dropped down to 30Mbps. Things I've done since this change....installed a PCIe wifi adapter and installed a VPN, immediately uninstalled VPN and no change. Help if you're a wizard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you using wifi or ethernet?

your VPN may not be removed right


Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 3000, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 750, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Compute server Rappter(remember to add link) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

WIP NAS Spirt Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other devices get 30mbps as well, or just your PC?


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 

 Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, GDRRiley said:

you using wifi or ethernet?

your VPN may not be removed right

Ethernet, I don;t know how to trace the issue, actually currently removing the WLAN card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Other devices get 30mbps as well, or just your PC?

Just the PC and it's over ethernet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leadpool said:

Just the PC and it's over ethernet.

go into device manager and uninstall your drivers and reboot and force windows to reinstall drivers and check again. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Flare X 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 

 Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Leadpool said:

Problem is exactly what it sounds like, my computer internet speed over ethernet used to be 480Mbps and now it's dropped down to 30Mbps. Things I've done since this change....installed a PCIe wifi adapter and installed a VPN, immediately uninstalled VPN and no change. Help if you're a wizard.

 
37 minutes ago, Leadpool said:

Just the PC and it's over ethernet.

 

When you say you're using ethernet, are you directly connected to the modem / router, or are you going through something like a keystone wall jack? And do you happen to have another device you can test with? Testing another wired device will let you rule out a problem with only one device. Alternatively, you can speedtest using a wireless device, but you'll want to be sure you're right beside the wireless modem / router and using the 5GHz network.


Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, kirashi said:

 

When you say you're using ethernet, are you directly connected to the modem / router, or are you going through something like a keystone wall jack? And do you happen to have another device you can test with? Testing another wired device will let you rule out a problem with only one device. Alternatively, you can speedtest using a wireless device, but you'll want to be sure you're right beside the wireless modem / router and using the 5GHz network.

So I've got some more information for you. My internet speed is between 11Mbps and 31Mbps when using the speed test that pops up in the google search, but 125Mbps when I use the one by Ookla. Same story when using my phone, except it runs 120Mbps on the google search version, and about 410Mbps on the Ookla version. The speed is obviously there...should I go the route of doing a fresh windows install? Format the drive and just move on? Would that even fix it? This computer has previously run at 480Mbps over the same connection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leadpool said:

So I've got some more information for you. My internet speed is between 11Mbps and 31Mbps when using the speed test that pops up in the google search, but 125Mbps when I use the one by Ookla. Same story when using my phone, except it runs 120Mbps on the google search version, and about 410Mbps on the Ookla version. The speed is obviously there...should I go the route of doing a fresh windows install? Format the drive and just move on? Would that even fix it? This computer has previously run at 480Mbps over the same connection.

 

Are you actually experiencing slow speed?

What if you try to say....update or download a Steam game?

 

Was this latest test run via your ethernet, or were you still on your wifi card?


Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen 7 2700x | Aorus X470 Gaming Ultra | EVGA RTX2080 Super | 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz | Corsair H105 AIO, NZXT Sentry 3 | Corsair SP120's | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe, 4TB WD Black | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Corsair RM650v2 PSU | LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Ducky Shine 3 Keyboard, Logitech G502, MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers, Razer Goliathus Extended, X360 Controller | Windows 10 Pro | SteelSeries Siberia 350 Headphones

 

Spoiler

Server 1: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM650v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 10 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

 

Server 2: Corsair 400R | IcyDock MB998SP & MB455SPF | Seasonic Focus Plus 650w PSU | 2 x Xeon X5650's | 48GB DDR3-ECC | Asus Z8NA-D6C Motherboard | AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 | LSI MegaRAID 9271-8i | RES2SV240 SAS Expander | Samsung 840Evo 120GB | 5 x 8TB Seagate Archives | 10 x 3TB WD Red

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×