i9 Build - Help required

Danm90

Hello everyone..

I’ve just put together my new PC and have powered on for the first time. The power all comes on, all fans etc are running and no warning LED’s.

i would expect to see an MSI boot screen but I’m currently just getting a black screen

My spec is..

i9 9900K 

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 RGB

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super

1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe

750w Corsair PSU

Corsair H60 CPU Cooler

This is the first build I’ve done.. ever. I look to have everything connected, not sure where to go now. There’s 1 socket on my motherboard ‘CPU_PWR2’ which is currently not connected, could this be the issue?

Thanks!

Dan

You don't need the second cpu power cable, so I don't think thats the isssue.

What display out is your monitor pluged into? Make sure its plugged into the gpu, not the motherboard.

Assuming the "CPU_PWR2" is the secondary 4-pin EPS connector on the board, no, you don't need that.

Have you checked the Debug LEDs on your board? Is the video cable plugged into the graphics card? Is the monitor turned on and have you selected the correct input in its settings (HDMI, Displayport, etc)?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thanks for the fast response guys.

I’ve tried both HDMI’s, 1 on the motherboard and 1 from the GPU. None of the debug LED’s are currently lit up. Yeah the monitor is on and I’ve selected the correct input. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

Just now, Danm90 said:

I’ve tried both HDMI’s, 1 on the motherboard and 1 from the GPU. None of the debug LED’s are currently lit up. Yeah the monitor is on and I’ve selected the correct input. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

Did you try taking the gpu out and just using the onboard graphics?

Try unpluggin everything thats not needed.

1 minute ago, Danm90 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

Can you try 1 ram stick at a time ? 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

5 minutes ago, Danm90 said:

None of the debug LED’s are currently lit up.

I'd try checking whether the CPU is seated properly (maybe actually reseat it while you're at it), and recheck all the power connectors to make sure they're all plugged in all the way.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

I’ve just taken the GPU out and I’ve managed to get to the boot menu, thanks a lot!

My main concern is if I plug it back in once Windows is installed, will I have the same issue?

Really appreciate the help everyone.

10 minutes ago, Danm90 said:

I’ve just taken the GPU out and I’ve managed to get to the boot menu, thanks a lot!

My main concern is if I plug it back in once Windows is installed, will I have the same issue?

Probably the GPU is faulty....

Are the GPU power connectors plugged it correctly ?

If yes then u should RMA the card.... 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

17 minutes ago, Danm90 said:

Good to hear it's not something more major.

Try reseating the graphics card, checking the power connections on both ends for it, and seeing if that does the trick. I've had a similar problem where I wouldn't get any display output to the monitor, but reseating the graphics card actually fixed it. If that doesn't work, try a different slot on the motherboard.

Also, please use quotes or tags so we can be notified whenever you reply.

Thanks for the response, that’s exactly what I did.. took the card out and got a much more reassuring click as I put it back in.

Thanks everyone 👍🏻

On 5/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, Mateyyy said:

Good to hear it's not something more major.

Try reseating the graphics card, checking the power connections on both ends for it, and seeing if that does the trick. I've had a similar problem where I wouldn't get any display output to the monitor, but reseating the graphics card actually fixed it. If that doesn't work, try a different slot on the motherboard.

Also, please use quotes or tags so we can be notified whenever you reply.

Thought I’d quoted your reply 😂