[Fixed]Issues after purchasing a Ryzen 3200G and MSI a320m-a Pro

Hi, I'm Karín, I'm new on this forum and got recommended to try my luck asking here.

My computer recently stopped working (it wouldn't even boot the BIOS, so we determined it was probably the Motherboard or CPU after testing a few things).

So 2 weeks ago I bought new hardware and took the chance to upgrade: a CPU (Ryzen 3200G), Motherboard (MSI a320m-a pro) and RAM (corsair value select 8GB 2333 CL 15).

Every game I try to run crashes with some sort of message like "Graphics device crashed" (this one I get on Monster Hunter World). CSGO freezes, Destiny 2 crashes too and so on.

I tested with a clean Windows 10 install and got the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

I also get a random screen flicker rarely, except on Discord, where I I get them to happen a lot, mostly when scrolling up or down enough (but that one is just on that tab, so it's probably a different kind of problem right there). I also stopped getting any signal to the screen once when I was trying to watch a Twitch stream, which not long after ended as the signal being lost to all peripherals, though that never happened again so far.

I refunded all the hardware and got a identical setup (made sure it wasn't the same one). The exact same thing happens.

This happens with both my dedicated Graphics card (R9 270x 4GB) and the integrated Vega as well (with the R9 removed from the system and a clean driver install, even a run with a clean Windows installation just to make sure).

I tried following a couple guides to fix this issue online (including some dealing with the bugged AMD Chipset Driver installer) to no avail.

Attached is a screenshot of a Cinebench test along with HWMonitor.

Captura de pantalla (1).png

Edited by Kentousky
Issue resolved

What power supply are you using? Also, try enabling/disabling XMP profile if the board supports it (Disabled/Stock, 1 and 2) and see if you notice a difference.

@Totsuzen I'm using a modular 750W Bronze+ PSU. Changed it not that long ago, so I discarded it as a possibility. My previous setup was more power hungry, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Why did you buy a 3200g and an a320 motherboard? If it's not too late return both. 

Get a Ryzen 1600AF off Amazon for $85 and a b350/b450 motherboard used for $50-60 if on a tight budget or a b450 motherboard like the Asrock abpro4 for $75-80 new. 

The 3200g is a quad core 12nm CPU with a built in GPU. The 1600AF is a 6 core 12nm CPU with no GPU (you have a GPU already so it doesn't matter) for less money. 

A320 boards are just bad for the price. They don't allow overclocking at all and they are just as expensive as a used b350/b450 board that can overclock. 

@boggy77Only in slot 1, it's a micro atx, so it only has 2 slots. I'm only using 1 ram stick. I tried doing a memtest and had no issues there either.

@toasty99 I got them for a good price, so I picked those. The GPU I have has ben lent to me, so I prefer it to have an integrated GPU, just in case. I'm not considering Overclocking at this point, either.

@onlybuilt4cubanxlinxYeah, I and the friend helping me think so too, but as much as we try, we can't get it to work. Having the Chipster Driver installer bugged doesn't help either, makes me start the download and stop it every run, since it gets stuck at 0% and shows no progress, then manually uninstall and install the drivers from the AMD folder, which is around 20 installs, I believe. Can't get it to work properly even then.

Also tried using AMD Cleanup Utility and installing the last version of the GPU driver directly, same result.

30 minutes ago, Kentousky said:

@Totsuzen I'm using a modular 750W Bronze+ PSU. Changed it not that long ago, so I discarded it as a possibility. My previous setup was more power hungry, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Alright I would change the XMP settings on the bios to msi recommended/ turned off / Complete ram timings and see if that changes things. It may seem like it has nothing to do with it but it could very well be it. Also could be a defective RAM stick unless you used it before with your older system.

Also, try disabling the Vega altogether in bios. They could be conflicting for some reason.

@Totsuzen Can't find anything regarding the XMP (but isn't it proprietary to Intel?). We tried changing the RAM clock as well, didn't fix it. We also tried without the R9 on, totally removed from the system and with a clean install, nothing.
I refunded the other components but not the RAM, thinking it would no be it, I could do that, though that'd take a bit less than a week, since it's a Holiday here in Spain, so even with Prime it wouldn't be that fast. I could start the refund process tomorrow morning.

@Kentousky since you bought it on amazon, and are comfortable returning stuff, I recommend returning everything and start fresh with this board. Its the cheapest B450 board that I can recommend. Same processor wherever you can find it cheapest since on amazon.es they are a bit overpriced at the moment imo and get One of these or equivalent. Going lower than that isnt that cost effective. You will get a solid platform that you can upgrade later down the line and if you get the same problem either its something on the software side or the PSU's dying. Its one or the other.

try it with the ram installed in slot 2, make sure the ram clicks on both ends. Also disable d.o.c.p in bios. If it didn’t work, change the ram.Only then if it still didn’t work, try a new 3200g. If still didn’t work, change your MOBO. 

@NewbygeekJustr tried switching to slot 2, it didn't help. Can't find anything about D.O.C.P. it problably isn't an option on this BIOS either.

----

Besides that, when I share screen with my friend trying to help, he also sees every graphical glitch I see, along with the screen flickering, so it's probably software related.

2 hours ago, Kentousky said:

@NewbygeekJustr tried switching to slot 2, it didn't help. Can't find anything about D.O.C.P. it problably isn't an option on this BIOS either.

----

Besides that, when I share screen with my friend trying to help, he also sees every graphical glitch I see, along with the screen flickering, so it's probably software related.

Try another os like Ubuntu. You can boot it even when installed on a flash memory. See if your system still has this problem there. 

@NewbygeekSorry for the very late response, I've been busy with other stuff and couldn't get to it sooner.
Tried today running Linux on a Flash Drive.
Everything worked just fine, played and left stuff open just to see if the problem would appear again, but nothing. Took the chance to run a memtest since it actually lets me see the log easily there and everything went OK on the 5 loops I set.
It stopped working when I tried to install the AMD drivers, though we had some issues during that and had to try a couple different ways that ended on a error message most of the time, so it may just be that something didn't get installed properly.

Does this shine any light on the problem?
My friend suggests moving to Win7, but if possible, I'd actually like to stay on Win10.

508150440_Capturadepantalla(4).thumb.png.3fec3323f4c12b2122c75a4cbf3d33dd.png

Tried everything in here, I just can't get it to work, it freezes on some stuff and gives me an error prompt in the rest.

Tests.png

Im in the same boat as you almost.

Ryzen 3200g
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
EVGA 450 BT 450Watt
DDR4 8GB PC 2400 Team Elite

It passes all stress tests with flying colors.
Furmark

3DMark
Memtest
Aida64

No problems whatsoever

But when playing anything (currently testing with CS and Roblox) or even just when browsing youtube, it just randomly locks up the whole machine. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes it takes 2 hours.

Every driver is uptodate
Latest BIOS

I just tried setting the ram to 2133 instead of 2400, just to give it a try. And again all i can do is sit here and wait for it to crash...

@FedeHippoThe problem in that post seems more hardware related, in my case everything seems to lead to a software issue (mainly the fact that it worked today on Linux on a flash drive and that I was screen sharing with a friend trying to fix the issue a different day and he saw the exact same graphic glitches I did).
The thing is that as much as I try with fresh Windows installs, different drivers for both chipset and GPU (Always using the AMD Cleanup tool, though I used DDU in previous tests) and changing a couple things in the BIOS, nothing seems to help.

Yeah we might be chasing down different problems :( Im really just grasping at straws here...

Setting the memory to 2133 instead of 2400, didnt do anything btw.

Now im setting the vcore and ram voltages manually, to avoid fluctuations..

I'm still waiting for the refund of the 1st batch of components, after that I'll probably consider switching to the motherboard previously mentioned on the thread, though I'd prefer to make sure that's the issue here, wouldn't like to waste more and have it not be the issue. Any other guesses on the matter are welcome.