Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monyy47

GPU's utilization is only at 2% while folding

5 minutes ago, monyy47 said:

So my CPU is at 90-100% ,however my gpu is only at 2 even though i've set the workload to full. Is there a way to use the gpu more?

Are you using Task Manager to see this usage?

Be sure to set the graph to CUDA (Nvidia) or one of the Compute tabs (AMD), to see F@H usage.

image.png.302a6c52cc4bc439ea9772ddfe974791.png

P.S. make sure you have 2 threads not assigned to your CPU slot, because those are needed for your videocard and OS

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my CPU is at 90-100% ,however my gpu is only at 2 even though i've set the workload to full. Is there a way to use the gpu more?

Posted · Best Answer
5 minutes ago, monyy47 said:

Be sure to set the graph to CUDA (Nvidia) or one of the Compute tabs (AMD), to see F@H usage.

P.S. make sure you have 2 threads not assigned to your CPU slot, because those are needed for your videocard and OS

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yup thanks changed it to compute 1 and it now shows how much it's actually using

nah task manager is riddled by bugs, use something like GPU-Z, that is a much better tool

Main PC:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB & Kingston UV400 120GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro & Linux Mint 

Server:

Model: HP DL360e Gen 8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2407 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: CentOS 8

Laptop:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina