@Linus weird question

Stadiz

Im a long term youtuber.

But for some reason I have never seen Linus drop a HDD.

Anyone? Linus?

Stay Safe

Him massacring this drive comes close enough to dropping it, in my opinion 9_9

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Him massacring this drive comes close enough to dropping it, in my opinion 9_9

Doh! XD

31 minutes ago, Stadiz said:

Im a long term youtuber.

But for some reason I have never seen Linus drop a HDD.

Anyone? Linus?

Stay Safe

Hard drives are being manufactured to be more durable in cases where the drive could be dropped while in a laptop or something similar. The chances of accidentally dropping the hard drive while installing or uninstalling are very low if you take proper precautions, although you should always keep your data on more than one drive and more than one location/building (redundancy). Especially make sure to backup any data off of a drive before you decide to uninstall it.

Interesting video on hard drive vibration-resistance testing, please don't attempt to do any implementation/version of this experiment on purpose with a hard drive that has data on it that would be considered valuable and/or if you are not okay with the possibility that the drive will be broken afterwards:

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

They know better than to trust Linus with handling data. 

Hey there. Here's Linus on the fragility of PC components and his dropping shtick:

Timestamp: 36:01.

Linus: But they're not actually that fragile, in a lot of cases. Which is not to say that you should not be careful, it's just that um... When I drop something -- now, hard drives being the exception -- I would never drop a hard drive. But if I were to drop something like an SSD because I'm being blasé or whatever, it's fine. I have literally shot hoops with an SSD before.

Honestly, I believe Linus is a careful person IRL, despite his on-camera antics. 🤷‍♂️

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)