R5 3500 or R5 3600?

Can someone please explain me the difference between the Ryzen 5 3500 and Ryzen 5 3600? As far as I see, the only difference is in the clock speeds, that’s it. Then why does people suggest 3600 rather than 3500? I mean it is quite cheaper than 3600

3500 is OEM only and has no SMT so 6 cores 6 threads.

3600 is 6 core 12 thread.

3 minutes ago, JumpingBacon said:

Can someone please explain me the difference between the Ryzen 5 3500 and Ryzen 5 3600? As far as I see, the only difference is in the clock speeds, that’s it. Then why does people suggest 3600 rather than 3500? I mean it is quite cheaper than 3600

3500: 6 cores 6 threads

3600: 6 cores 12 threads

The 3500 is not available everywhere either.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1. The Ryzen 5 3500 only is a 6 core / 6 thread CPU. The 3600 has 6 cores / 12 threads

2. It's only available for OEMs. You can't buy it on the normal market.

4 minutes ago, Medicate said:

2. It's only available for OEMs. You can't buy it on the normal market.

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

The 3500 is not available everywhere either.

4 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

3500 is OEM only 

Asian markets. China, India, etc. have retail stock.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Asian markets. China, India

Can't see any available retail in China or India via PC Part Picker.

Though now you mention it i'm pretty sure i heard somewhere it would be available in the Asian market.

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Can't see any available retail in China or India via PC Part Picker.

Though now you mention it i'm pretty sure i heard somewhere it would be available in the Asian market.

Since pcpp is international, I don't believe they do listings for them. And there are plenty of hidden listings you can't search for, like the 1600 AF (I keep the link bookmarked for parts lists)

But a lot of people on the forum have been buying 3500s.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

and 3600(esp 3600x) are higher binned. The 3500 is so bad batch, that they literally garbage, just packed into budget CPU :) Either 3600(x) or 2600(X). 3500 is just a way for AMD to sell the worst chips they produce : )

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

But a lot of people on the forum have been buying 3500s

How much are they btw?

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

How much are they btw?

Haven't seen any specific pricing, but relatively speaking (when people ask about which to get), then can often be cheaper than a Ryzen 5 2600 so I recommend them a lot

Primary PC:

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Haven't seen any specific pricing, but relatively speaking (when people ask about which to get), then can often be cheaper than a Ryzen 5 2600 so I recommend them a lot

I live in India so I see those on amazon and elsewhere. They go for about 10k rupees (133$) which is quite cheaper than the 3600

10 minutes ago, JumpingBacon said:

I live in India so I see those on amazon and elsewhere. They go for about 10k rupees (133$) which is quite cheaper than the 3600

On pcpartpicker, the other Ryzen 6 cores seem to be 11k and higher so it's a really good value

Primary PC: