Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy3010

please can anyone explain this

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

i bought some295672316_productjpg.jpg.2fd3024007548c7c12af57cd4497ff15.jpg ram for my new pc build and it seem the timings are differnt to what it says they should be 

pc .jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tommy3010 said:

some ram for my new pc build and it seem the timings are differnt to what it says they should be 

Your RAM is running at the default 2133Mhz. Long story short, that 2133Mhz is actually 1066Mhz, which is what is read by your system (see the first screenshot).

You have to go into your BIOS and turn on the extreme memory profile for the memory to run at 3600Mhz.

 

On Intel system you'll be looking for: XMP
On AMD systems it's called: XAMP

On AMD system with an ASUS motherboard: DOCP.

 

Turn that on and it should pick up the speed. Don't worry too much about those timings, unless you are knowledgeable in memory overclocking.


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's working fine. those are it's default settings. 2133mhz at cas15.

 

you'll need to enable XMP in BIOS for it to run at 3600


this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, thats a new feature of the later windows updates, instead of showing the actual double date rate (DDR) speed it now states the base speed. 

So as Minibois mentions, it's now running at the default of 2133mhz.

 

XMP from the Bios (on my MSI AMD mainboard its called XMP, not XAMP?) is one option, should have a profile 1 and 2, nr 2 is usually the max rated. The other option is to manually set it to 3600mhz in the same settings, i think you need to enable advanced settings tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

* threads merged and cleaned *


If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, minibois said:

Your RAM is running at the default 2133Mhz. Long story short, that 2133Mhz is actually 1066Mhz, which is what is read by your system (see the first screenshot).

You have to go into your BIOS and turn on the extreme memory profile for the memory to run at 3600Mhz.

 

On Intel system you'll be looking for: XMP
On AMD systems it's called: XAMP

On AMD system with an ASUS motherboard: DOCP.

 

Turn that on and it should pick up the speed. Don't worry too much about those timings, unless you are knowledgeable in memory overclocking.

thank you all done 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

it's working fine. those are it's default settings. 2133mhz at cas15.

 

you'll need to enable XMP in BIOS for it to run at 3600

thank you did it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×