Ip question

Hello, 

Im going to open up a hosting services in a few months and i see a lot of hostings got this kinda of ip

example:

try to ping electronode.org

2606:4700:3030::681c:1953 and theye were able to block resolvers aswell.

The title doesn't make sense.

The host is using IPv6 but that doesn't have anything to do with hiding an IP or not.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

38 minutes ago, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

2606:4700:3030::681c:1953

That's an IPv6 address, it's still an IP.

The only way to "hide" an IP is to use a VPN, but since you're going to open a hosting service, you can't.

1 hour ago, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

Hello, 

Im going to open up a hosting services in a few months and i see a lot of hostings got this kinda of ip

example:

try to ping electronode.org

2606:4700:3030::681c:1953 and theye were able to block resolvers aswell.

I'm just gonna throw out the fact everyone is thinking. Shelf you're idea and learn what it takes to start a hosting service first. Just your question proves you're not ready..

4 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

I'm just gonna throw out the fact everyone is thinking. Shelf you're idea and learn what it takes to start a hosting service first. Just your question proves you're not ready..

Agree, really.  If you aren't familiar with transport protocols then you're gonna have a bad time.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

4 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

24 minutes ago, beersykins said:

Agree, really.  If you aren't familiar with transport protocols then you're gonna have a bad time.

Agree too, sounds like OP barely knows anything about networking.

OP didn't even knew that was an IPv6 address.

I know a lot about Linux that's why I'm interested to open up a hosting services or something
Seems I'm not quite ready yet.
Anyways thanks for your suggestions.

1 hour ago, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

I know a lot about Linux that's why I'm interested to open up a hosting services or something
Seems I'm not quite ready yet.
Anyways thanks for your suggestions.

Don't take me wrong, i'm not trying to criticie in any way. But a hosting service requires alot more then just linux knowledge. If anything i hope my seemingly negative comment inspired you to study on what you need to start a hosting service. Because it is possible and i am doing it myself..

Well, if hiding an IP is mandatory, I would say it's nearly impossible. However, you can use some sort of dynamic DNS services that will randomly change your IP on a regular manner while keeping the DNS name intact. Another option is using some sort of DDoS protection services like Cloudflare https://www.cloudflare.com/ that will hide your actual IP and DNS behind their service. 

In order to pass this problem to someone's other shoulders, I would try reselling hosting services on top of other existing services. This way you don't have to mess around technical issues and concentrate on business/marketing stuff.