Best case this year?

OnionRings

I haven't been following PC stuff much lately, but I'm wanting a case upgrade here soon and figured I'd ask yall what's new and hip these days. Last time I was looking into cases my go to would have been either the Fractal R6 or R5 whichever was the newest, or the meshify C.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Building in the meshify C was fun, lots of room for everything. I picked a bulky power supply unfortunately, but other than that, the space inside made things really easy. The front of the case also looks super cool, if you replace the included front intake fan with a couple stylish LED fans, it would look really cool. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Building in the meshify C was fun, lots of room for everything. I picked a bulky power supply unfortunately, but other than that, the space inside made things really easy. The front of the case also looks super cool, if you replace the included front intake fan with a couple stylish LED fans, it would look really cool. 

Yea it was my go to for sure back then, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything better before pulling the proverbial trigger. I'm just kinda tired of hearing my fans going VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and seeing my GPU at 80c when playing something as simple as WOW, and I know my case is a big part as its cramped, has very limited case fan slot choices, but it also only has the stock 2 right now. But another HUGE downside is with this case, the front intake is literally built INTO the chassis, so when it dies its just... dead... no replacement. Top of my case and side of my case is SUPER warm like *almost* uncomfortable to touch because my 1 exhaust can't keep up with my super MMO gaming.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Yea it was my go to for sure back then, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything better before pulling the proverbial trigger. I'm just kinda tired of hearing my fans going VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and seeing my GPU at 80c when playing something as simple as WOW, and I know my case is a big part as its cramped, has very limited case fan slot choices, but it also only has the stock 2 right now. But another HUGE downside is with this case, the front intake is literally built INTO the chassis, so when it dies its just... dead... no replacement. Top of my case and side of my case is SUPER warm like *almost* uncomfortable to touch because my 1 exhaust can't keep up with my super MMO gaming.

Yeah I'd say the best config would be something like buy two intake fans for the front, either 2x120 or 2x140, then move the included front fan and rear fan as exhaust from the top.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah I'd say the best config would be something like buy two intake fans for the front, either 2x120 or 2x140, then move the included front fan and rear fan as exhaust from the top.

Dang, just noticed the Meshify is up to 100, back then it was only 80... still good price for a great case but eek.

CPU

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Dang, just noticed the Meshify is up to 100, back then it was only 80... still good price for a great case but eek.

There's the mini version if you've got micro ATX

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JsKcCJ/fractal-design-meshify-c-mini-dark-tg-microatx-mini-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-mini-bko-tgd

Primary PC:

Good call but honestly I'm not gonna pay 10$ less for a mini version that has no upgrade ability options. Might as well pay the extra 10 and be able to use full size boards yknow?

CPU

4 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Good call but honestly I'm not gonna pay 10$ less for a mini version that has no upgrade ability options. Might as well pay the extra 10 and be able to use full size boards yknow?

To be honest there are some decent pickings for micro ATX these days, it was a struggle when nobody released micro ATX X470 boards but thanks to ASRock there's X570 that could fit in that case so fortunately you'd actually have a decent upgrade path. And of course on the budget side of things, the MSI mortar and ASRock Pro4M are pretty compelling.

Primary PC:

To be honest there are some decent pickings for micro ATX these days, it was a struggle when nobody released micro ATX X470 boards but thanks to ASRock there's X570 that could fit in that case so fortunately you'd actually have a decent upgrade path. And of course on the budget side of things, the MSI mortar and ASRock Pro4M are pretty compelling.

I'll take a look for sure, cus I am probably going to grab a new motherboard while im at it. Gotta rewire the whole thing anyway, might as well get a new mobo at the same time.

CPU

Anybody else have opinions?

CPU

THIS year, the Lancool 2 (and the upcoming Mesh version) is poised for best case of late 2019/2020. Most other cases currently that are good are refreshes of previous cases. Previously in 2018, The Lian Li PC-O11D was easily the best case of the year. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

18 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

The Lian Li Lancool II reviewed pretty well.

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

THIS year, the Lancool 2 (and the upcoming Mesh version) is poised for best case of late 2019/2020. Most other cases currently that are good are refreshes of previous cases. Previously in 2018, The Lian Li PC-O11D was easily the best case of the year. 

Thank you both, but I decided to go with the Meshify C. I found it for 90 at newegg, basically 100 with the shipping, and I snagged 2 extra fans too.

CPU