The realism in Flight Simulator 2020

? I'm curious as to how far they plan on taking the realism in this game. Will there be notice to airman reports the player will have to account for? What about runway analysis? You really don't have a real flight plan without it. The way I see it, if they are going to call this a 'simulator', then they might as well go full tilt and make it a true simulator and stop half doing it.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

It's not pilot simulator, it's flight simulator. If the flying is accurate, then that's all that really matters.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's not pilot simulator, it's flight simulator. If the flying is accurate, then that's all that really matters.

True, all most gamers will care about is the look and feel of the flight, but adding runway analysis and notam reports would add a layer of depth to the gameplay never seen before in any flight sim. I'd very much like to see that aspect of commercial aviation as part of the gameplay. Really, "pilot", "flight", just semantics in the end, essentially referring to the same activity. You are playing a game where you act as a pilot, in a game calling itself a simulator. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

48 minutes ago, mariopepper said:

It doesn't matter about the pilot I guess but I would like to see more realism in it anyway. It's also an awesome feeling to play flight simulator in vr

? Well, no, it doesn't matter, call it "pilot", "flight", same thing in the end. Now the game will certainly be very authentic in the look and feel of its flight mechanics, but not realistic at a more granular level. I'm speaking from my experience as a flight dispatcher. Notam reports and runway analysis were things we had to do before every flight. The FAA requires it, because not doing so poses a very serious safety risk and will no doubt result in fines levied with possible prison time for endangering lives. If the dispatcher wasn't there, these are things the pilot would be doing anyway, so if this isn't in the game, then it really has very little business calling itself a 'simulator'. Here are some examples of runway analysis charts, one for takeoff performance, and one for landing. The first one is for a Gulfstream, the second is for a Challenger 604, without this, there is no way of knowing if your plane is light enough for takeoff and landing:

Image result for runway analysis

Image result for runway analysis landing

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

57 minutes ago, ZFD said:

Entire airport and flying sim?

? No, just the runway and elevation of the airport, since it takes air pressure into account. If the airport is 5,000 feet above sea level, then trying to takeoff will basically be the same as it would if you were flying at 5,000 feet. That means you have to have more thrust available for takeoff, so things like the air conditioning, and engine anti ice will negatively affect takeoff performance in this case. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

9 hours ago, mariopepper said:

Absolutely fantastic... So many small details are considered

? Yep, anything that could possibly affect the planes maximum allowable takeoff and landing weight is taken into account, no matter how small. Even the smallest detail, or the smallest change can result in the flight being delayed or outright cancelled. This happens quite often, especially with air freight operations where I worked. All it takes for instance is a tail wind increasing from 5 knots to 7 knots, or the wind shifting from a headwind to a tailwind, and your screwed, its fubar. If the performance chart says the flight is no longer safe for departure because you now have a 7 knot tail wind, then you have no choice but to delay it, or risk the plane possibly sliding off the end of the runway because its too heavy. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 2/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, BlackManINC said:

True, all most gamers will care about is the look and feel of the flight, but adding runway analysis and notam reports would add a layer of depth to the gameplay never seen before in any flight sim. I'd very much like to see that aspect of commercial aviation as part of the gameplay. Really, "pilot", "flight", just semantics in the end, essentially referring to the same activity. You are playing a game where you act as a pilot, in a game calling itself a simulator. 

I play racing sims, but I don't want to have to deal with signing contracts, sponsors, wearing suits, hell, even taking safety courses. I just want to race a few laps. If they do FSX style multiplayer servers I'm sure there's going to be plenty of hardcore role play groups. Otherwise I doubt the game will even have weight loads in terms of passengers or cargo that would change.

I'm not a pilot, I don't plan on being a pilot, and I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to do 15 minutes of paperwork and pre-flight checks before I could just take off and cruise around for a while. Probably also with infinite fuel and flying well below FAA regulations.

#Muricaparrotgang

12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I play racing sims, but I don't want to have to deal with signing contracts, sponsors, wearing suits, hell, even taking safety courses. I just want to race a few laps. If they do FSX style multiplayer servers I'm sure there's going to be plenty of hardcore role play groups. Otherwise I doubt the game will even have weight loads in terms of passengers or cargo that would change.

I'm not a pilot, I don't plan on being a pilot, and I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to do 15 minutes of paperwork and pre-flight checks before I could just take off and cruise around for a while. Probably also with infinite fuel and flying well below FAA regulations.

Well, it usually took less than ten minutes to do runway analysis once you got to that stage in the flight planning. In the real world, you might not have a whole lot of time to get the flight plan done anyway if the flight is scheduled to depart in an hour or so. All I'm asking for is runway analysis and notams, the things that would actually make the game a true full blown simulator, not the entire process required in commercial aviation. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 2/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, JZStudios said:

Seems like you are the opposite of DCS World player and @BlackManINC might be one :D.