Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scuff gang

:P turns into an emoji

Posted · Original PosterOP

so recently i was typing something and the (:P) turned into an ? if i didnt put brackets around it, i know its there so people dont have to go and click an emoji, but i honestly prefer the ability to use (:p) without the parenthesis. any one elses thought?

maybe thers an option to make it not do that but i havent seen it, it would be a nice feature

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

It also does this to smiley face, frowny face and wink.  I wouldn’t mind it so much if I knew how to do the other emoji faces as well.  

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

most of the time i just end up putting a space in between colon and letter, but this should be an option

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

COME COME COME JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 WITH F@H!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // FAQ

If you want to make a thread, check if there is another related thread first.

Don't be a light theme peasant
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .'''''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY OR DI  |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,................'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+ mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+ dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/ yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+ ++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN ..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o ``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 hour ago, Gegger said:

most of the time i just end up putting a space in between colon and letter, but this should be an option

This is what I do on Discord as well : D instead if   *:D

I'd prefer a way to turn this off, but the space fixes it mostly if not making it look a little silly      ;            D

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why do you want :P not to be converted to a proper emoji?

For me the : p is more of a vague thing than an actual face, partially as it’s a face I wouldn’t personally make.  Something appears to have changed though. I type : p  now and I get a drop down pop up of a huge number of emojis including such oddities as barber pole

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why do you want :P not to be converted to a proper emoji?

wait a sec. how did you do it??

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

For me the : p is more of a vague thing than an actual face, partially as it’s a face I wouldn’t personally make.  Something appears to have changed though. I type : p  now and I get a drop down pop up of a huge number of emojis including such oddities as barber pole

The dropdown should only show up with colon followed by 2+ character, although it will stay visible when you backspace to 1 character. It's been there for a while.

20 minutes ago, EL02 said:

wait a sec. how did you do it??

?‍♂️

HTTP/2 203

? that one was interesting.  I’m not seeing “wizard” in the drop down menu.

41 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The dropdown should only show up with colon followed by 2+ character, although it will stay visible when you backspace to 1 character. It's been there for a while.

?‍♂️

Hmmm ?

Edit: horribly failed

Edited by EL02

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

18 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Hmmm ?

Edit: horribly failed

It only worked for me when I typed [colon] [space] [p]