Premiere pro is not utilising gpu

Hlo Linus

I HV a custom build desktop. Actually when I am rendering video Gpu is not utilising it remains under 2-3%usage in 1080p timeline it takes 1 hours or above plzz  tell me wht  can I do here my Pc configuration

IMG_20200110_030940.thumb.jpg.f4e762e233dcaabaab2f8de9083817d4.jpg

Ryzen  7 2700x

Gtx  1660 super.

Gigabyte x470  aorus  ultra gaming

Corsair vengeance lpx  2×8 ddr4  3000mhz

Samsung 860 pro me. 2 240gb

1tb w. D blue hard disk

Corsair 650w power supply

IMG_20200110_030826.jpg

IMG_20200110_031642.jpg

IMG_20200110_033625.jpg

Make sure that your GPU is enabled in the settings of Premiere Pro. You should see an option to use a CUDA device or something similar to that.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Looks like it's rendering on your CPU.

You probably have to turn on Cuda in GPU acceleration.

https://blog.pond5.com/21645-how-to-optimize-performance-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Already optimized premiere  even I HV gtx  1050ti so upgrade to gtx  1660 super but still not getting performance

17 hours ago, Sumit chauhan said:

Any other solution guys

It states the following on Adobe's website:

"A GPU does not necessarily speed up all exporting processes. However, if GPU-accelerated effects are applied and certain export processes affected by the Mercury Playback Engine (scaling, frame rate changes, etc.) are enabled, then the GPU does play a role in exporting.

Ensure that GPU acceleration is enabled in both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

In Premiere Pro, choose File > Project Settings > General and check in the Video Rendering and Playback options. Under Renderer, choose the GPU acceleration method appropriate to your GPU, usually CUDA or OpenCL. Metal is an alternative to these, but more effects are currently GPU enabled under the other two options. You may need to choose "Software Only" if your GPU is simply too underpowered, or if your GPU is powerful enough, you need to revisit Solutions 1 and 2.

In Media Encoder, you can enable the GPU in a menu in the bottom of the "Queue" panel."

If you are not using any GPU accelerated effects or if your GPU is not supported or is not correctly set up then you might not see GPU utilization when rendering in Premiere Pro.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Normal to me...

It won't use all 100% of a GPU for these tasks.

My CPU is pegged 100% but my GPU is variable (for whatever task its doing) 0-20ish%

I see my GPU temp rise and fall.. but minimal usages too.. still much faster than CPU only.

PremierePro +GPU.... only does specific tasks..

It also gets stated at times in various videos that giving PremierePro a 2080 over a 1060 doesn't provide the gains you think it will...

It doesn't scale well on powerful GPUs either coming from a midrange one...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...

In the last few updates of Premiere it has used the GPU less and less.  It really hasn't done much of anything for rendering since about 2018. Many tech reviewers have been commenting on it for a while that GPU plays little part in Premiere anymore. Adobe has gotten a lot better about utilizing multiple CPU cores and slacked off on GPU, it's annoying.  

All that said, 1 hour to export with a 2700X seems excessive. My workstation is a 2700x with a Vega 56 and my GPU utilization is rarely more than 5-10% in spikes on export, but I render out 4k 10 minute videos in about 15-20 minutes. What footage are you editing?  What are you encoding to? and What are your Export settings? Also what is your edit looking like?  The little snippet I can see looks like it has like 3 or 4 adjustment layers stacked, that could be bogging things down.  I've never done that to test it, but seems excessive. 

Have you allowed Premiere to utilize the maximum amount of your system RAM?  I have 32GBs in my PC and Premiere regularly uses 19-30GB when exporting.  To the point that my next build will be getting 64GB to give more head room.

Ryzen 7 2700X , Asus Prime X570-Pro, Bykski CPU Block, AMD Vega 56, Barrow GPU block, g.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB PC2800, Dual EKWB SE360 Radiators, Corsair RM750x PSU. All in a Lian-Li PC011 Dynamic XL case.