¿Is this repairable?

Go to solution Solved by Evangelina,

Hi guys, thanks you all for the responses. I will try and fix it then; i'll do some heavy duty scouting for spare parts or a good technician (Both are scarce here). Good luck to all, and thanks once again!.

Hello friends, i found this monitor in someone trash and turns out it sorta works.. as you can see the screen is all teared and glitchy, it seems like something hit it, mind you the screen itself it's fine, there's no fissure or nothing, only in the image itself the fissures and cracks show. No plastic is broken nor damaged on the outside. ¿Does anyone know if this can be repaired?. Thank you to whoever can supply some info!

photo_2019-12-14_18-17-57.jpg

There may be no visible damage on the surface, but that thing is dead. Also that black spot on the right hand side very much looks like an impact spot with cracks radiating out of it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You can probably replace the panel on the inside, hoping nothing else is broken.

Look up the panel type on display panel type.

LTT did a video on this:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Assuming the LCD panel itself is the only thing damaged, sure - you could totally repair it by replacing the panel. You'd have to disassemble the monitor and find out what display is inside, and see if you can even find a replacement (or equivalent). If you can, hopefully it's very cheap - otherwise it may not be worth the cost of repair.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hi guys, thanks you all for the responses. I will try and fix it then; i'll do some heavy duty scouting for spare parts or a good technician (Both are scarce here). Good luck to all, and thanks once again!.