my bios keeps resetting?

I have the aorus z390 master and every now and then i notice that my ram speed aren't running to the 3200mhz. i check the bios and the bios is doing a full reset. what's going on seriously never had this problem before? i have i9 9900k. and 32 gb ram corsair dominators.

13 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I have the aorus z390 master and every now and then i notice that my ram speed aren't running to the 3200mhz. i check the bios and the bios is doing a full reset. what's going on seriously never had this problem before? i have i9 9900k. and 32 gb ram corsair dominators.

Replace the CMOS battery.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

27 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Replace the CMOS battery.

but its not giving me any warning about a dead battery? but i still replaced it though now. 

5 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

but its not giving me any warning about a dead battery? but i still replaced it though now. 

It might not necessarily give you a warning as such, just resets CMOS. Other options would be that it's not posting with the hardware 3 times and then automatically resetting.

Has it only just started doing this? how long have you had the hardware?

... and I guess replacing the battery didn't fix the problem then?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, paddy-stone said:

It might not necessarily give you a warning as such, just resets CMOS. Other options would be that it's not posting with the hardware 3 times and then automatically resetting.

Has it only just started doing this? how long have you had the hardware?

... and I guess replacing the battery didn't fix the problem then?

The thing is iv had this hardware for a year. seriously a year no problems with it booting or nothing.lately i downloaded cpuz where i can check the frequency of my ram. and surprisingly from time to time now. i see my frequency went down and when i go to bios it says the bios has been reset.

So i have an i9 9900k and aorus master z390 mobo. I have 32gb ram corsair dominators. I noticed something this morning that my bios is getting a full reset? I was trying to go to cpuz to check my ram frequency and my frequency was low. I tried to go to bios and it gave me a message that i was full resetted. I really have no idea why it happened or how often it happening or when. But i wanna know why? Anyone have any recommendation? I changed the cmos battery today just to be safe. And i turned off the dual bios for now because someone mentioned it bugged with the last bios update.

Since you have changed the battery has it reset again? What was your reason to update the bios? I would rollback your bios version and see if the problem persists.

I noticed on my aorus master z390 that my hios resets from time to time randomly. And i noticed also the time in the bios is wrong by like 5 min. Is that the battery?

I would suspect the battery if it happens after longer periods where the PC is turned off.  It sounds like the battery, but I just may not know enough to suspect anything else.  Have you replaced it yet?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Actually, i've noticed similar stuff happening with my Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi, BIOS were apparently corrupted several times out of nowhere and PC didn't boot up unless i reset it. But in your case it might be just barely alive battery, try to replace it, if it doesn't help then RMA.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

* threads merged *

Creating multiple threads about the same subject isn't allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !