Custom molded laptop chassis

Blackwolfgod

Hey guys, thought I'd drop in to ask one of you a question, whichever one of you is my champion.

I need a laptop blueprint from a 3d scan for a chassis from either a razer blade, or a similarly shaped chassis (box shape, no curves, no bullshit) something like a zephyrus or even something like a lenevo thinkpad?

basically im building a custom laptop, doing the impossible and denying all corporate nazis to destroy the infidels and bring peace and happiness to the laptop gaming world for the dirt.

I'm gonna need  an ACCURATE SCAN, and definitely accurate dimensions of the chassis.

< content removed >

HIT ME UP WITH WHATEVER YOU GOT, SEND PICS.

Edited by LogicalDrm
Personal details removed

1 minute ago, Blackwolfgod said:

basically im building a custom laptop

You can't 'build' a laptop...

Also I'd remove your personal email from this thread. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Actually, I do what I want, and I can "build" a laptop, so get on my level aimatoor. and I have many personal emails.

the real solution to your irresolution is, YOU can't build a laptop, because you lack the know-how and the will power of an overly testosteroned dragon.

somebody needs to tell acer they can't make laptops anymore.

5 minutes ago, Blackwolfgod said:

Actually, I do what I want, and I can "build" a laptop, so get on my level aimatoor. and I have many personal emails.

the real solution to your irresolution is, YOU can't build a laptop, because you lack the know-how and the will power of an overly testosteroned dragon.

somebody needs to tell acer they can't make laptops anymore.

But you literally can't build a custom laptop, it's simply NOT a thing. If it was a thing you'd see people doing it, you'd see companies making bare laptop chassis'. But you don't because it's just simply not a thing... 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

3 minutes ago, Blackwolfgod said:

How institution-zed are you

I mean if you can make it happen, I'd love to see it. 

زندگی از چراغ

-> Moved to Case Modding and Other Mods

Email removed, we don't allow dealing outside of forum. You can use this thread or PMs. And links to common file sharing sites for bigger files.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

But you literally can't build a custom laptop, it's simply NOT a thing. If it was a thing you'd see people doing it, you'd see companies making bare laptop chassis'. But you don't because it's just simply not a thing... 

I honestly don't know why you couldn't,  it's a clamp shell design with a small mobo and other computer parts which you all can buy freely...

The only issue is the chassis... Definitely possible to custom build tho,  but also not easy and probably costly. Unless you use a 3 d printer i guess. 

PS: google is your friend, as I expected custom / diy laptops are very much a thing!  (of course most of them are trash, but that's besides the point and there are exceptions!) 

This my fav so far,  so good lol 

The COMMODORE 64 DIY! 

c64_hero.jpg.5272f7df83ba44f6409d9af8c0f1453e.jpg

:D

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You can't 'build' a laptop...

Also I'd remove your personal email from this thread. 

you can build anything with enough time and money to throw at the issue.